highorlow

QuoteFor the other team....

Aye, thats how bad he is...
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

HowAreYeGettinOn

Quote from: 118cmal on August 24, 2009, 10:27:50 PM
Quote from: 118cmal on August 24, 2009, 10:16:08 PM
Quote from: HowAreYeGettinOn on August 24, 2009, 10:01:43 PM
Complete and utter muck. Hard to believe that we were anyway involved in the title race last season when you look at a 'performance' like that.

Why are Voronin and Babel still employed by Liverpool FC? Surely the receipts from those two plus Kuyt would buy us one half-decent right winger?

We're back into the usual dogfight for third/fourth already. For f-ck's sake.

Are u serious?  :D

You're right. The three of them wouldn't raise enough money for a half-decent winger. What was I thinking?  :(

Clueless
[/quote]

Get a sense of humour friend. You rate Kuyt and I don't. Fine. I twigged that and made a joke. No need for abuse.

thewobbler

Quoteeven Torres is too light for the Premier league and Villa defenders minced him in the 1st Half.

Duffer was available to buy cheap in relative terms a few weeks back and if Benetiz had any judgement of players he should have grabbed him.

In two sentences you've managed to write off the striker with the best goal per games ratio in the Premiership, while talking up a player who hasn't looked like a footballer for 3 years.

Good for you.

118cmal

Quote from: HowAreYeGettinOn on August 24, 2009, 10:29:37 PM
Quote from: 118cmal on August 24, 2009, 10:27:50 PM
Quote from: 118cmal on August 24, 2009, 10:16:08 PM
Quote from: HowAreYeGettinOn on August 24, 2009, 10:01:43 PM
Complete and utter muck. Hard to believe that we were anyway involved in the title race last season when you look at a 'performance' like that.

Why are Voronin and Babel still employed by Liverpool FC? Surely the receipts from those two plus Kuyt would buy us one half-decent right winger?

We're back into the usual dogfight for third/fourth already. For f-ck's sake.

Are u serious?  :D

You're right. The three of them wouldn't raise enough money for a half-decent winger. What was I thinking?  :(

Clueless

Get a sense of humour friend. You rate Kuyt and I don't. Fine. I twigged that and made a joke. No need for abuse.
[/quote]

What does a sense of humour have to do with it?

So you want to sell Voronin, Kuyt and Babel and buy a 'half decent right winger'?

Who would be the cover up front then?

No matter what way u dress it up, it's clueless.  FACHT   :D

highorlow

QuoteYou're exactly right. You're not one for the soccer.

I'm exactly right about not been one for soccer but expressing an opinion on an open forum is my entitlement.

I'm telling it as I see it so don't get too wound up.

It's clear now that Liverpool over achieved last year with a mediocre team. They will be lucky to qualify for the "Champions" League final place this season.

Benetiz is no help either. They need the likes of Mick McCarthy managing them.

GalwayBayBoy

End of the day everyone played badly bar maybe Johnson and Insua. Johnson has been our best player so far by miles this season. It was probably the worst I've ever seen Gerrard play. Couldn't cross his own legs tonight. Carragher a great servant but I think this is his last year as a regular. He's starting to look as knackered as Gary Neville was a year or two ago. Torres poor but even playing poorly he still scored. Benny not at the races at all even though he's been in great form since last Christmas. Kuyt whole hearted as ever but for him to make an impact he he really needs Gerrard and Torres purring and they weren't. Lucas god love him but he will never make a Liverpool player. Just when you think he's beginning to look the part he concedes another stupid free-kick and then heads into his own net. Aquliani can't get fit quick enough.

Our poor pre-season form has carried into the league season and by the time we get it sorted we could be 10 points behind the leaders. Can't afford that in this league as the margins for dropping points are razor thin.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: highorlow on August 24, 2009, 10:35:09 PM
They need the likes of Mick McCarthy managing them.

Christ I thought you came out with some daft things the first time around. ;D

highorlow

QuoteIn two sentences you've managed to write off the striker with the best goal per games ratio in the Premiership, while talking up a player who hasn't looked like a footballer for 3 years.

I said Duffer was cheap in relative terms, 4m I think? That's not bad value and could have been used in the squad.

If you come back with Torres stats versus say the big 5 teams last year, i.e Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea, Everton, and say Villa then you might have a point. Its against the big teams that counts not against the mediocre mid-table teams. Drogba and Ebdeyor are much more valuable players to have in a team rather than a light enough fella like Torres.

stew

Liverpool are consistent in their inconsistency so far the year, they are throwing away any chance they have of winning the title even at this early stage of the season.  :o
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: highorlow on August 24, 2009, 10:35:09 PM

I'm exactly right about not been one for soccer but expressing an opinion on an open forum is my entitlement.

I'm telling it as I see it so don't get too wound up.

It's clear now that Liverpool over achieved last year with a mediocre team. They will be lucky to qualify for the "Champions" League final place this season.

Benetiz is no help either. They need the likes of Mick McCarthy managing them.

Good wum, has everyone fooled  ;D

HowAreYeGettinOn

Quote from: 118cmal on August 24, 2009, 10:34:09 PM

Who would be the cover up front then?

No matter what way u dress it up, it's clueless.  FACHT   :D
Benayoun and Ngog would do as cover. Not ideal, but could that be any more clueless than Liverpool look right now?

Quite frankly, Voronin and Babel do not deserve to be considered as 'cover' for anyone. They are rubbish, and have always been rubbish as long as they have been at Anfield. Voronin has never done anything of note. Babel looked good for 20 minutes against Newcastle last season and won a penalty against Arsenal in the Champions League once. That's not good enough for the money that was lashed out for him. Usual nonsense tonight, trying to dribble past the whole team and trying ridiculous shots from distance.

And Kuyt? He works hard. That's all we ever hear about him. He's not top-drawer, either as a striker or as a winger. If Liverpool are not going to buy top-drawer, they're not going to win the Premiership.

highorlow

QuoteIf Liverpool are not going to buy top-drawer, they're not going to win the Premiership.

You hit the nail on the head there.

thewobbler

Torres scored 18 times last season.

Among those were:

2 against Arsenal
1 against Chelsea
1 against Man U
1 against Real Madrid
2 against Chelsea

So that's 7/18 against the top teams in the world.

The season before, he scored 34 goals.

1 against Chelsea
1 against Chelsea
1 against Arsenal
1 against Inter
1 against Chelsea.

Or 5/34.

So a) he's never had a problem scoring against Chelsea's physically imposing defence, and b) he's shown he knows where the net is against all the best teams.

I've no time for Liverpool, but if you don't rate Torres you should go watch a different game as you obviously are a bit unawares on this one.

Norf Tyrone

Maybe Corn foreseen this implosion, and bailed at the right time!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone