The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gawa316

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 24, 2009, 08:50:23 PM
Win 3-2?

Who Villa?

That was absolute shite from Liverpool, gave the ball away countless times in centre mid and I've lost count the amount of free kicks around our area.

Rafa needs to do something and quick, hopefully take Lucas off move benny in and get a bit of width out of Riera

Carmen Stateside

The defending from set pieces is ugly and it was the same last year.  Its becoming a big problem, is it the zonal that does this?
Then when we get a free, unless Gerrard is striking at goal, we never seem to threaten!
Big half needed!!

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: 118cmal on August 24, 2009, 08:51:22 PM
2-0

Very good refereeing.

:D :D :D Typical Liverpool fan  :D :D :D

nothing to do with not being able to defend set pieces??

;)
[/quote]

I think you were quoting me?  I'm not a Liverpool fan.  :)

Though I'll be happy if Gerard got a hat-trick, that would give a load of badly needed points for my fantasy team. :D

GalwayBayBoy

deiseach

Kinell. I suppose they're snuffing out hope good and early this season, we should be grateful

GalwayBayBoy

First home defeat in the league in 2 years. Lost 2 league games all last season. Lost 2 this season already. 5 goals conceded this season. All 5 from set-pieces.

Rank rotten tonight. Don't think anyone played well.

The Real Laoislad

Well that was depressing...
On another night we would have scored 4 or 5 with the chances we got..
Sure what do you expect when Vorinion and Babel are brought off the bench to be the saviours  ::)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

HowAreYeGettinOn

Complete and utter muck. Hard to believe that we were anyway involved in the title race last season when you look at a 'performance' like that.

Why are Voronin and Babel still employed by Liverpool FC? Surely the receipts from those two plus Kuyt would buy us one half-decent right winger?

We're back into the usual dogfight for third/fourth already. For f-ck's sake.

118cmal

Quote from: HowAreYeGettinOn on August 24, 2009, 10:01:43 PM
Complete and utter muck. Hard to believe that we were anyway involved in the title race last season when you look at a 'performance' like that.

Why are Voronin and Babel still employed by Liverpool FC? Surely the receipts from those two plus Kuyt would buy us one half-decent right winger?

Are u serious?  :D

HowAreYeGettinOn

Quote from: 118cmal on August 24, 2009, 10:16:08 PM

You're right. The three of them wouldn't raise enough money for a half-decent winger. What was I thinking?  :(

highorlow

I'm not one for the soccer but have a fleeting interest. Watched the first half and that was enough. Liverpool will win nothing with that team.

Benyoun can't pass the ball. Lucas is only average but scored a good goal. Gerrard appeared to lose interest when his early chance didn't go in and probably wishes he was in London. Carrigher was a great player but is too slow. Jose was right about Johnson, he isn't a top 5/6 league team player.

That bald / shaven headed lad at the back is the only decent player Liverpool have, even Torres is too light for the Premier league and Villa defenders minced him in the 1st Half.

Duffer was available to buy cheap in relative terms a few weeks back and if Benetiz had any judgement of players he should have grabbed him.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

HowAreYeGettinOn

Quote from: highorlow on August 24, 2009, 10:20:54 PM
Duffer was available to buy cheap in relative terms a few weeks back and if Benetiz had any judgement of players he should have grabbed him.
Duffer was a fine player at his best, but probably too injury-prone at this stage.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: highorlow on August 24, 2009, 10:20:54 PM
I'm not one for the soccer but have a fleeting interest. Watched the first half and that was enough. Liverpool will win nothing with that team.

Benyoun can't pass the ball. Lucas is only average but scored a good goal. Gerrard appeared to lose interest when his early chance didn't go in and probably wishes he was in London. Carrigher was a great player but is too slow. Jose was right about Johnson, he isn't a top 5/6 league team player.

That bald / shaven headed lad at the back is the only decent player Liverpool have, even Torres is too light for the Premier league and Villa defenders minced him in the 1st Half.

You're exactly right. You're not one for the soccer.

118cmal

Quote from: 118cmal on August 24, 2009, 10:16:08 PM

You're right. The three of them wouldn't raise enough money for a half-decent winger. What was I thinking?  :(
[/quote]

Clueless

highorlow

QuoteFor the other team....

Aye, thats how bad he is...
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go