The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stalin

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on May 24, 2009, 06:19:26 PM
Quote from: Stalin on May 24, 2009, 06:17:36 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on May 24, 2009, 06:03:20 PM
Nice to finish the season unbeaten at Anfield..
Was also happy to see Keane score today to be honest

::)

Were you not happy to see Liverpool unbeaten at Anfield this season?

The point is you were happy seeing Liverpool concede a goal....doesn't quite tally with your 'support' of them.

A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Stalin on May 25, 2009, 03:44:59 AM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on May 24, 2009, 06:19:26 PM
Quote from: Stalin on May 24, 2009, 06:17:36 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on May 24, 2009, 06:03:20 PM
Nice to finish the season unbeaten at Anfield..
Was also happy to see Keane score today to be honest

::)

Were you not happy to see Liverpool unbeaten at Anfield this season?

The point is you were happy seeing Liverpool concede a goal....doesn't quite tally with your 'support' of them.

I knew exactly what you were getting at... ::)
I was happy for Robbie Keane after the raw deal I believe he got from Liverpool FC,the fact that every one in the crowd Liverpool fans included all clapped him after he scored shows I'm not the only one who was happy for him,Plus the way he didn't celebrate the goal shows the type of character he is,he could have went somersaulting in front of the Liverpool bench but he didn't he just walked back to his own half with barely a raised hand to celebrate a great finish.
Plus it wasn't exactly a title losing goal to concede was it  ::)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Chrisowc

It was about the only touch of class he showed on and off the pitch at Anfield this season when he didn't celebrate.
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Chrisowc on May 25, 2009, 08:56:06 AM
It was about the only touch of class he showed on and off the pitch at Anfield this season when he didn't celebrate.

Liverpool FC didn't cover themselves with much class the way they treated him imho,I think the majority of Liverpool fans who clapped him after he scored would think the same,If they had thought otherwise they would have let him known
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Chrisowc

He had plenty of opportunity to prove himself and simply wasn't up to the label of a £20m striker.  Not just footballing ability, but also how he conducted himself in a red shirt.  The club had the opportunity to cut their losses and took it. 

I believe the applause came from him not celebrating his goal rather than the goal itself.  I would have applauded that myself but was still glad to see the back of him.

corn02

Quote from: Chrisowc on May 25, 2009, 09:12:48 AM
He had plenty of opportunity to prove himself and simply wasn't up to the label of a £20m striker.  Not just footballing ability, but also how he conducted himself in a red shirt.  The club had the opportunity to cut their losses and took it. 

I believe the applause came from him not celebrating his goal rather than the goal itself.  I would have applauded that myself but was still glad to see the back of him.

Elaborate.

The Real Laoislad

Well we'll just have to disagree then on it then won't we...
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Chrisowc

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on May 25, 2009, 09:28:22 AM

Well we'll just have to disagree then on it then won't we...

Fair enough.

Chrisowc

Quote from: corn02 on May 25, 2009, 09:15:30 AM

Elaborate.

Gesturing to the manager to 'f**k off' when you are getting substituted is not something I expect from a Liverpool player.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Chrisowc on May 25, 2009, 09:43:47 AM
Quote from: corn02 on May 25, 2009, 09:15:30 AM

Elaborate.

Gesturing to the manager to 'f**k off' when you are getting substituted is not something I expect from a Liverpool player.

When was this? I never remember him gesturing to the manager, and certainly not to 'f**k off'. I remember him mouthing 'f**k off' when his number came up, but that's almost a standard footballers greeting to any bad news, be that a bad pass, a free kick against, a bad shot, hitting the post or whatever. He certainly didn't say 'f**k off' to Rafa.

I'm not Robbie Keane's biggest fan, but I have to say that I thought he handled a very difficult situation for him personally quite well. There was no bitching in the paper, and even when he left he didn't have a big rant at Rafa or anything.

Despite how badly it went for him at Anfield, he went up in my estimation because of the way he handled himself off the pitch.

Chrisowc

I haven't time to go through examples now because I'm heading out but will come back later if people still want to debate it.

bingobus

Totally agree. Some have said if he had been up to the task then we wouldn;t have Torres as we did and we'd have turned a few 0-0's in 1-0's.

AZOffaly

Quote from: bingobus on May 25, 2009, 09:56:05 AM

Totally agree. Some have said if he had been up to the task then we wouldn;t have Torres as we did and we'd have turned a few 0-0's in 1-0's.

I don't think Keane's biggest fans would think he did well on the pitch at Liverpool. Others will say Rafa hardly helped him (including me), but what I would say is that I thought he handled himself quite well off the pitch. I certainly don't remember many histrionics or outbursts out of him.

bingobus

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 25, 2009, 10:08:26 AM
Quote from: bingobus on May 25, 2009, 09:56:05 AM

I don't think Keane's biggest fans would think he did well on the pitch at Liverpool. Others will say Rafa hardly helped him (including me), but what I would say is that I thought he handled himself quite well off the pitch. I certainly don't remember many histrionics or outbursts out of him.

Off course he handled himself well off pitch but it doesn't win medals.
As for the "glad to see him score yesterday", feck that. It cost Reina a tie of the clean sheet golden gloves and let VDS claim that on his own. Any Liverpool supporter who was happy to see him score is deluded. Its not a popularity contest. You could see that Reina was gutted after the goal. That would have 4 years in a row for him, a small prize but its keepers bread and butter.

corn02

The appluase was simply for his refusal to celebrate, which, on the day it  was (carnival like) was fair enough.

He didn;t do it on the field, that can;t be argued, but he conducted himself very well.