The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

statto

Quote from: NAG1 on August 11, 2023, 10:40:56 AM
Quote from: J70 on August 11, 2023, 10:31:40 AM
I think it's unrealistic to expect a title challenge this season even if this deal gets completed and they get another defender in. The team will need time to learn and settle with all these new players, as well as young lads being promoted. Strong second half and a top four finish a more likely target.

It most likely depends on how seriously or non-seriously Klopp takes the EL.

It is the biggest hinderance to a consistent season. Thursday Sunday routine is hard to sustain and does catch up eventually.

Would be hopeful that could negate the group stages handy enough with fringe players.  It will become more of an issue after Xmas I think when the games become more difficult. 

trailer

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 11, 2023, 10:29:23 AM
Quote from: trailer on August 11, 2023, 09:42:34 AM
https://www.sportbible.com/football/football-news/liverpool/jurgen-klopp-liverpool-moises-caicedo-transfer-paul-pogba-393238-20230811

If I speak...

£111m today is £84m in 2016. You are forgetting about inflation. Oops.

Most expensive PL footballer ever
4th most expensive defender ever
2nd most expensive GK ever.

This guy is working miracles on an absolute shoestring.

NAG1

Quote from: statto on August 11, 2023, 10:56:26 AM
Quote from: NAG1 on August 11, 2023, 10:40:56 AM
Quote from: J70 on August 11, 2023, 10:31:40 AM
I think it's unrealistic to expect a title challenge this season even if this deal gets completed and they get another defender in. The team will need time to learn and settle with all these new players, as well as young lads being promoted. Strong second half and a top four finish a more likely target.

It most likely depends on how seriously or non-seriously Klopp takes the EL.

It is the biggest hinderance to a consistent season. Thursday Sunday routine is hard to sustain and does catch up eventually.

Would be hopeful that could negate the group stages handy enough with fringe players.  It will become more of an issue after Xmas I think when the games become more difficult.

I think like United last year Liverpool are more than good enough to win it. It just depends how they approach it, I would imagine he will skate the group with fringe players and then play the real team in the knock outs.

Problem is if they are in the title race at this point the schedule becomes tricky.

clonian

Quote from: trailer on August 11, 2023, 10:57:22 AM
https://www.sportbible.com/football/football-news/liverpool/jurgen-klopp-liverpool-moises-caicedo-transfer-paul-pogba-393238-20230811

If I speak...

You stole that from Jay Motty

brokencrossbar1

Brighton to nick Lavia from under the noses of Chelsea now would be sweet to finish that circle off!

An up and coming CB now to domains it off would be great!

trailer

Quote from: clonian on August 11, 2023, 11:01:48 AM
Quote from: trailer on August 11, 2023, 10:57:22 AM

If I speak...

You stole that from Jay Motty

Yeah he posted it. Correct.
Doesn't make it less true or less valid.

Kidder81

Caicedo having second thoughts about moving to Liverpool according to Sky Sports. A couple of other journos reckon Chelsea will come back in to try and hijack it, as Liverpool have done

Armamike

Great signing and par for the course with FSG it's come out of nowhere.  Maybe they were hedging their bets with Lavia these past few weeks to see how the Chelsea  Brighton negotiations were going.  Who cares, they've plugged a major area of weakness.  A lot of money yes, but value is in the eye of the beholder.  If Liverpool think he's one of the best out there, with a lot of potential, and is the difference maker between an average or very good season then he's worth every last penny.

As BCB says, another CB would round off a great summer of business. 
That's just, like your opinion man.

RedHand88

That's if he even comes. Talk is that he's getting cold feet.

Kidder81

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 11, 2023, 12:02:22 PM

Wants more dough I'm guessing, which Chelsea will give him

jcpen

Quote from: Kidder81 on August 11, 2023, 12:06:12 PM

Klopp always talks about  only wanting players that want to play for Liverpool so if he wants to join Chelsea for a few quid more wages then Liverpool be better off without him.
NEUTRAL

J70

Maybe the lure of London too for a young lad.

J70

Quote from: jcpen on August 11, 2023, 12:09:01 PM

Klopp always talks about  only wanting players that want to play for Liverpool so if he wants to join Chelsea for a few quid more wages then Liverpool be better off without him.

So how much Southampton be looking for Lavia now? :)

RedHand88

trueblue1234

I'll be disappointed if he's not signed. Think he would have fitted in well and if he stayed with the club for duration of his career the price tag wouldn't seem as mad.
The problem is now, if he's not signed, will they loop back for Lavia? I just get this feeling, we'll end up with no one and be looking at 4-3, 3-2 scorelines all year.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit