The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mourne Red

Quote from: trailer on July 13, 2023, 10:52:57 AM
Can't believe Sideways would go to Saudi. At least he'll have a good supply of oil for thon hair of his.

700k pw he'll be getting if he moves.. I'd be on the first plane there if it was me

trailer

Quote from: Mourne Red on July 13, 2023, 11:00:11 AM
Can't believe Sideways would go to Saudi. At least he'll have a good supply of oil for thon hair of his.

700k pw he'll be getting if he moves.. I'd be on the first plane there if it was me

Disgusting.

thewobbler

It's a truly fucked up world in which the 4th generation offspring of a decent footballer will never have to experience the pleasure of working for a living.

Brendan

Liverpool will have none of that experience/leadership qualities in the dressing room if Hendo leaves now as well and the midfield begins to look a bit light again after 2 good additions

shark

Yeah but you're not already on 200k or whatever he's on.
Look at it another way. Would you be on the first plane for a 4x increase in salary? I know I wouldn't.
I've been to SA ; there isn't a hope in hell I'd bring my family to live there.

trailer

Quote from: shark on July 13, 2023, 12:27:33 PM

Look at it another way. Would you be on the first plane for a 4x increase in salary? I know I wouldn't.

Everyone has their price.

TabClear

Quote from: Brendan on July 13, 2023, 11:29:01 AM
Liverpool will have none of that experience/leadership qualities in the dressing room if Hendo leaves now as well and the midfield begins to look a bit light again after 2 good additions

They would need to bring in an experienced leader. However, moving experience on at the right time is something that City  (Silva, Kompany, Aguero) and Ferguson did with United (Stam, Beckham etc). I would rather sacrifice one good year of Henderson at the top level for bringing through the likes of Bajectic for next 5.

J70

Apparently a bid is expected from another Saudi club for Fabinho. 40 million sterling.

Kidder81

Quote from: shark on July 13, 2023, 12:27:33 PM

Yeah seems Henderson's "social conscience" had a price. They are all full of shit. Apparently it's "life changing" money, how much money do these tools need? It's not as if he was going to have to get a real job, like a League 2 player for example, when he retires.

trailer

Slippy G will ruin his career absolutely now. The video of his "coaching" is embarrassing.

jcpen

Who becomes captain if he goes?
Mo or VVD, maybe even Trent?
NEUTRAL
ALSO NOT FROM LAOIS!

RedHand88

Quote from: jcpen on July 14, 2023, 08:14:52 AM
Who becomes captain if he goes?
Mo or VVD, maybe even Trent?

Vvd. If he doesn't go to Saudi for 1.5million a week.

J70

It will be interesting to see what Henderson has to say if the move does go ahead.

He can't just ignore it having taking a stand to advocate for these issues in the past.

Especially now that right wingers are trying to push back against progress that has been made for LGBTQ+ people. Here in the states we just had Ron DeSantis release a ludicrous video attacking Trump (Trump!) for being far too easy on and friendly towards them!

Could he donate a portion of the massive salary to those causes? Would those organizations want that money if it could be considered money earned at the expense of LGBTQ+ people in Saudi Arabia?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: J70 on July 14, 2023, 05:16:07 PM
It will be interesting to see what Henderson has to say if the move does go ahead.

He can't just ignore it having taking a stand to advocate for these issues in the past.

Especially now that right wingers are trying to push back against progress that has been made for LGBTQ+ people. Here in the states we just had Ron DeSantis release a ludicrous video attacking Trump (Trump!) for being far too easy on and friendly towards them!

Could he donate a portion of the massive salary to those causes? Would those organizations want that money if it could be considered money earned at the expense of LGBTQ+ people in Saudi Arabia?

I'm sure his PR team will generate some reasoning, frankly expecting sports players to be advocates for global issues is never going to end well. As some said earning enough to set up generations of your family can be as good a motive as any
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

jcpen

I don't think he needs to answer to anyone, if he thinks this is the right move for him and his family then good luck to him.
It's no one else's business really.
NEUTRAL
ALSO NOT FROM LAOIS!