The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 10, 2022, 11:29:12 AM
The reality is that last years push for the quadruple is now taking its toll. Not enough investment over the summer and for MF and that's plain as day. Still played well in patches yesterday but do not have the energy levels to keep it up. Simple as that

They'd a good first half once they settled down, but the last half hour of the game was worrying (leaving aside the now familiar vulnerability on the break).

Arsenal thoroughly dominated Liverpool after the hour. Liverpool had no outlet up front with Diaz off and Mo not contributing anything, and were often just booting the ball up into space, giving it right back to them to pin Liverpool back. Unlike teams like Burnley or whoever, Liverpool are just not built to sit deep and absorb pressure, and it was utter panic and confusion in there at times, not least in the sequence that led to the (very soft) penalty. Usually you'd expect Liverpool to pin Arsenal back for the last 15, having gone behind again, but they just couldn't get any possession to allow them to get out.

I'm confident Klopp will sort them out eventually, but its going to be grim until at least after the World Cup. City are going to hammer them next week, but I just hope they can beat Rangers midweek to at least keep that particular show on the road for after the new year.

trailer

Quote from: J70 on October 10, 2022, 12:05:49 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on October 10, 2022, 09:14:45 AM
Quote from: GJL on October 10, 2022, 08:57:26 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on October 10, 2022, 08:37:37 AM
Henderson saying something he shouldn't have?

They at it again?
Apparently said something race related to one of the Arsenal lads during that penalty

"Apparently"?

Is there something concrete out there beyond the Twitter mob?

I'd be amazed if Henderson, of all people, said anything like that, but we'll see what comes out.

Hopefully he hasn't said anything racist. Liverpool have a very poor track record when it comes to racists and dealing with them. The clubs response could be telling.

Armamike

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 10, 2022, 11:29:12 AM
The reality is that last years push for the quadruple is now taking its toll. Not enough investment over the summer and for MF and that's plain as day. Still played well in patches yesterday but do not have the energy levels to keep it up. Simple as that

Yes that's what it boils down to.
That's just, like your opinion man.

seafoid

Man City are like Dublin
Liverpool are like Kerry or Tyrone. They don't have as much money.
They can win in individual years.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: seafoid on October 10, 2022, 02:17:25 PM
Man City are like Dublin

Dublin had a generation of top underage teams that then formed into one good senior team. They are back in the pack now. Manchester City success is soulless and the longer they go without winning the Champions league the more humorous it will be.

Liverpool recent seasons under Klopp have spent 65 million pounds on a goalkeeper, 75m on a centre back, 50m winger and this season 85 million spent on a striker.

Liverpool, Kerry and Tyrone have all top of the range training centres to perform to the best of their abilities and win trophies. Plenty of theories are out there now as to why Liverpool suddenly became a bit shit the same can be said about Tyrones 2022 season.

Turf

Quote from: Armagh18 on October 10, 2022, 09:14:45 AM
Quote from: GJL on October 10, 2022, 08:57:26 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on October 10, 2022, 08:37:37 AM
Henderson saying something he shouldn't have?

They at it again?
Apparently said something race related to one of the Arsenal lads during that penalty
Is there any truth to these rumours at all or is it just a case of gullible lads like above believing what some fella with 5 followers on Twitter says?

You'd think by now something would have been said by Clubs, players involved etc.
Don't see anything in mainstream media about this at all. First I heard about it was on here as I don't follow idiots on Twitter.

I would have thought Jordan Henderson would be the last fella to say anything racist. If he did I'm sure he'll be punished and rightly so.

seafoid

Quote from: Captain Obvious on October 10, 2022, 02:49:42 PM
Man City are like Dublin

Dublin had a generation of top underage teams that then formed into one good senior team. They are back in the pack now. Manchester City success is soulless and the longer they go without winning the Champions league the more humorous it will be.

Liverpool recent seasons under Klopp have spent 65 million pounds on a goalkeeper, 75m on a centre back, 50m winger and this season 85 million spent on a striker.

Liverpool, Kerry and Tyrone have all top of the range training centres to perform to the best of their abilities and win trophies. Plenty of theories are out there now as to why Liverpool suddenly became a bit shit the same can be said about Tyrones 2022 season.
Dublin won 6 in a row. Man city can pick up titles regularly. Liverpool can't.
Liverpool's spending in the last 3 seasons was 55% of Man City's .

quit yo jibbajabba

Diaz no surgery needed but out to the New Year...

I think i can see now where this seasons heading...

Edit - out to after WC so maybe Dec?

David McKeown

I see ESPN are reporting that due to a technical glitch VAR couldn't pick up Sako for the Arsenal opener so couldn't check if he was on or offside. Really makes you question what the point of it is.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Kidder81

Quote from: David McKeown on October 10, 2022, 08:30:21 PM
I see ESPN are reporting that due to a technical glitch VAR couldn't pick up Sako for the Arsenal opener so couldn't check if he was on or offside. Really makes you question what the point of it is.

He looked offside, and the Sky commentators seem to think he was 

Dag Dog

Man City are like Dublin
Liverpool are more like Tipperary.
Misplaced arrogance and not noticing how they get surpassed. 1 league in 33 seasons is a testament to this.

johnnycool

Quote from: Kidder81 on October 10, 2022, 09:21:26 PM

That decision aside which was marginal, how Liverpool didn't get a penalty for handball is beyond me. By what has been given recently it was a stonewall one.

As for the Tiago penalty, those are tough calls and went against Liverpool in this instance yet later on in the day Luke Shaw was pulling the jersey off Onana at every corner and nothing given.

RedHand88

Quote from: johnnycool on October 11, 2022, 08:59:30 AM
Quote from: Kidder81 on October 10, 2022, 09:21:26 PM

That decision aside which was marginal, how Liverpool didn't get a penalty for handball is beyond me. By what has been given recently it was a stonewall one.

As for the Tiago penalty, those are tough calls and went against Liverpool in this instance yet later on in the day Luke Shaw was pulling the jersey off Onana at every corner and nothing given.

Pulling jerseys is one thing that seems to get a few reign all over the show. Never understood it.

seafoid

Quote from: Dag Dog on October 11, 2022, 08:37:26 AM
Man City are like Dublin
Liverpool are more like Tipperary.
Misplaced arrogance and not noticing how they get surpassed. 1 league in 33 seasons is a testament to this.
Tipp had a mare in 2018. They won the All Ireland the following year.  Could also happen to Liverpool.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: Captain Obvious on October 10, 2022, 02:49:42 PMLiverpool recent seasons under Klopp have spent 65 million pounds on a goalkeeper, 75m on a centre back, 50m winger and this season 85 million spent on a striker.

And in the same time City have spent north of 750m (and that's only the signings over 30m)

Haaland, K Phillips, Grealish, Dias, Ake, Torres, Cancelo, Rodri, Mahrez, Laporte, Mendy, Walker, Silva, Ederson