Previous topic - Next topic

TabClear

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on January 02, 2018, 03:34:13 PM
Quote from: GJL on January 02, 2018, 03:23:03 PM
Quote from: TabClear on January 02, 2018, 03:00:46 PM
Quote from: GJL on January 02, 2018, 02:57:35 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on January 02, 2018, 02:41:40 PM
Quote from: GJL on January 02, 2018, 01:10:30 PM
Who is likely to get the chop from starting defence to get VVD into the team? Klavan?

Klavan probably isn't a 'starter' anyway. I'd imagine it's 2 from 3 of Van Dijk, Matip, Lovren.

Cheers. working on my FF team..

And there would be a Liverpool defender in it why??

3 clean sheets in the last 6 games. Plus Klavan is only £4.5M. Might avoid him though as it seems his game time will be restricted.

despite all the widely covered defensive issues, Liverpool actually keep quite a lot of cleans sheets

Yeah I know, just surprised EC would even go there regardless of the upside!  ;) Liverpool defensive problems in my view comes back to the errors and the fact that too many of the defenders are prone to individual errors (Gomez/Lovren/Mignolet/Moreno). Moreno epitomises it, solid most of the time but the errors are generally catastrophic when they happen. When that happens in a match it seems like blind (collective) panic sets in, particularly when set pieces get rained in and more inevitably follow quickly, hence the tendency to concede bad goals in quick succession. Match over, they regroup and generally revert back to being solid until the next mad moment.

Klavan is definitely going to see his game time reduced compared to the other two (Matip/Lovren) when VVD establishes himself.

Boycey

Dull fact of the day there are 27 defenders who have more points than the top Liverpool defender (Gomez) in FF.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Boycey on January 02, 2018, 04:11:31 PM
Dull fact of the day there are 27 defenders who have more points than the top Liverpool defender (Gomez) in FF.

That is full  ;D

On the Flanagan thing, he was an asshole and was never gonna cut it. He was 4th choice back up full back at 25. He's good enough for a decent lower PL team top Championship team just about. Very telling that she didn't make a statement against him. CCTV must have been very clear cut!!

TabClear

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on January 02, 2018, 04:19:26 PM
Quote from: Boycey on January 02, 2018, 04:11:31 PM

That is full  ;D

On the Flanagan thing, he was an asshole and was never gonna cut it. He was 4th choice back up full back at 25. He's good enough for a decent lower PL team top Championship team just about. Very telling that she didn't make a statement against him. CCTV must have been very clear cut!!

I think I read in one report she is still with him BC which might explain it. I cant  find that particular article though as it does seem strange as to how he ended up in court if that is the case.  Could the police  prosecute on the strength of CCTVwith no witness ?

brokencrossbar1

Yeah she is still with him. The cops could go for him on the cctv alone. There just needs to be evidence of a crime.

quit yo jibbajabba

40k a week, and still lives with his parents

trileacman

Quote from: TabClear on January 02, 2018, 03:20:26 PM
See Flanagan has pleaded guilty to assaulting his girlfriend pre Christmas. The club needs to get rid of him unfortunately.  No excuses for that

If Sallah assaulted his gf over Christmas would you be in favour of getting rid of him too?

I'm not trying to catch you out or anything but I thinks it's very easy to take the moral high ground with Flanagan. I'm not digging at you but it's just lots of people will we running to stick the boot in now. All I'd say is that we stood by Suarez through the same ordeal multiple times and if it was salah or another important player we'd be slower to dissociate from them.

No excuse for what he done. Hope he is suitably punished.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Boycey

Quote from: trileacman on January 02, 2018, 06:53:48 PM
See Flanagan has pleaded guilty to assaulting his girlfriend pre Christmas. The club needs to get rid of him unfortunately.  No excuses for that

If Sallah assaulted his gf over Christmas would you be in favour of getting rid of him too?

I'm not trying to catch you out or anything but I thinks it's very easy to take the moral high ground with Flanagan. I'm not digging at you but it's just lots of people will we running to stick the boot in now. All I'd say is that we stood by Suarez through the same ordeal multiple times and if it was salah or another important player we'd be slower to dissociate from them.

That's the one there!

I did think of posting similar earlier but didn't think It'd come across well from an opposition supporter. Flanagan easily expendable but a bigger player I think it'd be head down and wait for it to blow over.. sames goes for all teams.

Avondhu star

"easy to take the high moral ground"
ffs that sums up  the Liverpool crew allright.

Where would you stop?
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

TabClear

Fair point and I debated whether or not to reply, mainly because on a foootball thread you know how anything like this ends up with the usual pricks spouting their own particular "colour" of bile. Fair play Star, you would have been one of the candidates and good to see you didn't disappoint.

As far as would I feel the same if it was Salah the answer is yes, he would be a sc**bag and should be ditched by the club. But the bottom line is that if the club does nothing over Flanagan it's not like I'll stop supporting them. So on that basis, no I don't think any different. But you're right, it's a lot easier to take the high ground over someone like Flanagan and hope Liverpool do the right thing so you can tell your united mates and clowns like star that "your" club has standards when it doesn't actually affect the teams performances or success.

The real question is what would I do if I were the person who did have the power to make the call I.e John Henry. I would like to think that I would say no one is bigger than the club and he would be gone but it's easy to say that knowing it's purely hypothetical.

trileacman

Quote from: TabClear on January 02, 2018, 10:01:11 PM

Fair point and I debated whether or not to reply, mainly because on a foootball thread you know how anything like this ends up with the usual pricks spouting their own particular "colour" of bile. Fair play Star, you would have been one of the candidates and good to see you didn't disappoint.

As far as would I feel the same if it was Salah the answer is yes, he would be a sc**bag and should be ditched by the club. But the bottom line is that if the club does nothing over Flanagan it's not like I'll stop supporting them. So on that basis, no I don't think any different. But you're right, it's a lot easier to take the high ground over someone like Flanagan and hope Liverpool do the right thing so you can tell your united mates and clowns like star that "your" club has standards when it doesn't actually affect the teams performances or success.

The real question is what would I do if I were the person who did have the power to make the call I.e John Henry. I would like to think that I would say no one is bigger than the club and he would be gone but it's easy to say that knowing it's purely hypothetical.

Great response. Fair play if in the hypothetical situation you'd make the call and road Salah. I couldn't and I'd stick by him for the sake of keeping the team winning.

Almost all teams and groups do it now. Look at how Kerry handled Brendan O'Sullivan, it was all about deflection and denial of any wrongdoing and decrying the sentence. The same happens in all counties, same goes for Connolly and McCann. We all ignore the problem and bide our time until its someone else to get a run through the wringer.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

StGallsGAA

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 02, 2018, 03:49:27 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on January 02, 2018, 03:40:20 PM

Yep has to go. That's not acceptable.

He might get a game in the NFL!

He looks every inch a Liverpool player tho.  Treating your women like shit is also quite the norm at the club.  Even Rodgers went with the flow, dumping his wife for thon floozy receptionist! 

laoislad

Great post.
Also you are 100% correct about the usual pricks who have to ruin threads and discussions like this.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Avondhu star

Quote from: laoislad on January 03, 2018, 02:09:30 PM

Great post.
Also you are 100% correct about the usual pricks who have to ruin threads and discussions like this.
"usual pricks" I.e. Those not brainwashed by the Pro Liverpool luvvies in the media living on the glory days of the 70s and 80s.

I suppose if Flanagans girlfriend doesn't mind him kicking her around the street why should anyone else
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

GJL

The most shocking thing about all this is that Flanagan actually had a girlfriend!