Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Syferus on June 27, 2017, 09:37:41 PM
Quote from: laoislad on June 27, 2017, 09:21:59 PM
Quote from: Syferus on June 27, 2017, 08:15:31 PM
Quote from: heganboy on June 27, 2017, 06:45:28 PM
Is Van Dijk a good buy at 60M?

When a player as proven as Lacazette can be got for 15m less it's hard to make the case that's good value.
Does Lacazette play centre back?

A quality striker is worth more than a fat lad who puts his arse in the way of a ball, and always has been.

Yeah, that describes top class defenders alright  ::)
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: Syferus on June 27, 2017, 09:37:41 PMA quality striker is worth more than a fat lad who puts his arse in the way of a ball, and always has been.

Someone has never seen VVD  ::)

StGallsGAA

Quote from: Syferus on June 27, 2017, 09:37:41 PM
Quote from: laoislad on June 27, 2017, 09:21:59 PM
Quote from: Syferus on June 27, 2017, 08:15:31 PM
Quote from: heganboy on June 27, 2017, 06:45:28 PM
Is Van Dijk a good buy at 60M?

When a player as proven as Lacazette can be got for 15m less it's hard to make the case that's good value.
Does Lacazette play centre back?

A quality striker is worth more than a fat lad who puts his arse in the way of a ball, and always has been.

And no matter how good your strikers are, if you dont have a quality defence you will win f**k all.  Just ask Brendan Rodgers!

Gabriel_Hurl

Ex-Ch Supt David Duckenfield faces Hillsborough manslaughter charge

Former Ch Supt David Duckenfield faces a manslaughter charge and five others will be prosecuted over the 1989 Hillsborough disaster.

Mr Duckenfield was the South Yorkshire Police (SYP) match commander at the FA Cup semi-final when 96 Liverpool fans were fatally injured in a crush.

He faces the charge of manslaughter by gross negligence of 95 fans. Former SYP Ch Insp Norman Bettison will be charged over alleged lies in the aftermath.

Victims' relatives have been informed.

Last year, new inquests into the disaster at the Liverpool v Nottingham Forest match in Sheffield concluded the fans had been unlawfully killed.

For legal reasons, Mr Duckenfield cannot be charged over the death of the 96th victim Tony Bland, as he died fours years after the disaster, prosecutors said.

The Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) must apply to the High Court to lift an order imposed after he was prosecuted privately in 1999, which must be removed before he can be charged.

J70

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on June 28, 2017, 11:34:06 AM
Ex-Ch Supt David Duckenfield faces Hillsborough manslaughter charge

Former Ch Supt David Duckenfield faces a manslaughter charge and five others will be prosecuted over the 1989 Hillsborough disaster.

Mr Duckenfield was the South Yorkshire Police (SYP) match commander at the FA Cup semi-final when 96 Liverpool fans were fatally injured in a crush.

He faces the charge of manslaughter by gross negligence of 95 fans. Former SYP Ch Insp Norman Bettison will be charged over alleged lies in the aftermath.

Victims' relatives have been informed.

Last year, new inquests into the disaster at the Liverpool v Nottingham Forest match in Sheffield concluded the fans had been unlawfully killed.

For legal reasons, Mr Duckenfield cannot be charged over the death of the 96th victim Tony Bland, as he died fours years after the disaster, prosecutors said.

The Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) must apply to the High Court to lift an order imposed after he was prosecuted privately in 1999, which must be removed before he can be charged.

People f**k up and make mistakes in life and in their jobs. That is unavoidable.

What is not unavoidable is taking responsibility and not trying to deflect the blame onto innocents.

laoislad

HT
Tranmere 0
Liverpool 2
#ouryear
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

gawa316

Hound

Take that Tranny!

Quote1Loris KariusGoalkeeperSubstitution Off
7James MilnerPenaltySubstitution Off
66Trent Alexander-ArnoldSubstitution Off
21Lucas LeivaSubstitution Off
32Joel MatipSubstitution Off
5Georginio WijnaldumSubstitution Off
16Marko GrujicGoalSubstitution Off
14Jordan HendersonSubstitution Off
54Sheyi OjoSubstitution Off
15Daniel SturridgeSubstitution Off
9Roberto FirminoSubstitution Off

Substitutes
56Connor Randall
40Ryan KentSubstitution On
29Dominic SolankeSubstitution On
17Ragnar KlavanSubstitution On
12Joseph GomezSubstitution On
68Pedro ChirivellaSubstitution OnGoal
58Ben WoodburnSubstitution OnPenalty
73Kamil GrabaraSubstitution On
2Nathaniel ClyneSubstitution On
38Jon FlanaganSubstitution On
50Lazar MarkovicSubstitution On
35Kevin StewartSubstitution On

I clearly haven't been paying attention as I thought Lucas, Flanagan and Markovic were all gone. Solanke the only new signing it seems. Haven't heard of Grabara

brokencrossbar1

Grabara I think is a youth keeper. Id say the players you have mentioned will be gone as will probably Randall and Chirivella of the squad that played yesterday. Solanke is a tidy player of the clips I saw of yesterday's game and I reckon that this could be a very big season for Sturridge. He seems to be doing a serious amount of work and maybe he sees this as his last big chance to prove himself as once his contract ends in Liverpool he will not be getting a £150k a week anywhere else unless he is fit and well.

I see Klopp had thrown a bone to Sakho...get fit and we will see...obviously hedging his bets in case VVD doesn't come off.

TabClear

Watching some of the star sixes on sky here. Some legends playing,  Rivaldo. Roberto Carlos. Gerrard. Ballack. ViallI. Pires. Desailly. Ferdinand.Abidal. And.......

Bruno Cheyrou!. ;D ;D :D

quit yo jibbajabba

gawa316

Lots of Keita talk today...and also seems Lucas my be off to Lazio...great servant to the club

Gabriel_Hurl

Lots of talk that a Andrew Robertson from Hull deal is close - 8million fee

StGallsGAA

Quote from: gawa316 on July 14, 2017, 04:59:18 PM
Lots of Keita talk today...and also seems Lucas my be off to Lazio...great servant to the club

In that the best place for him would be making the tea and cleaning the boggs?   ;)

laoislad

1-1 v Wigan tonight. Salah with his first goal for the club.
Changed all 11 players at half time. Sturridge should have won it near the end. Karius still looks a bit dodgy.
Quote from: gawa316 on July 14, 2017, 04:59:18 PM
Lucas was indeed a great servant to the club.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.