The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Stallion

I wasn't referring to his particular comment, it just seems to be an odd reaction which some people have to any comments regarding certain tragedies.

justinn

Latest Arsenal 3-1 Stoke  75m

justinn

Latest Arsenal 4 - 1 Stoke 79m

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

J70

Quote from: laoislad on May 13, 2017, 07:15:50 PM
Fair play to Arsenal, I thought they would drop a few points in their last two games. They will win their next two handy so Liverpool have to win tomorrow or they won't get Top 4.

That's about the height of it. Everton aren't going to break their backs to do Liverpool a favour, and why would they?

Arsenal have collected nine points since last Liverpool's game ended last Sunday morning in three tricky (on paper) fixtures.

Boycey

Quote from: J70 on May 13, 2017, 08:41:40 PM
Fair play to Arsenal, I thought they would drop a few points in their last two games. They will win their next two handy so Liverpool have to win tomorrow or they won't get Top 4.

That's about the height of it. Everton aren't going to break their backs to do Liverpool a favour, and why would they?

Arsenal have collected nine points since last Liverpool's game ended last Sunday morning in three tricky (on paper) fixtures.

Neither would Everton roll over just to fcuk up Liverpools chances?

J70

Quote from: Boycey on May 13, 2017, 08:54:54 PM
Quote from: J70 on May 13, 2017, 08:41:40 PM

Neither would Everton roll over just to fcuk up Liverpools chances?

No, but when that 50/50 ball is there to be won, which player is more likely to put it all out there to win it, the one with nothing to play for or the one with the prize of champions league football available?

Of course, you could say the same for Liverpool versus West Ham tomorrow, but they're playing with fear and are creating very little, while Arsenal have nothing to lose, are playing with a bit of freedom and are used to late season dashes for the line.

I am not optimistic based on recent performances, including against West Ham. I hope they surprise us with a dynamic, ballsy, intensive performance.

StGallsGAA

FFS the West Ham lads are already on the beach and a fair  few probably out clubbing tonight!   Liverpool at 4/6 has to be a shoe-in?   6/5 HTFT and a whopping 9/5 minus a goal! 

The Stallion

The determination to downplay Liverpool's top 4 chances despite it being a foregone conclusion they'll get top 4 is bizarre. Even a manager as incompetent as Klopp would be hard pushed to f**k it up.

Perhaps some of my fellow Liverpool supporters want to feel like finishing fourth is something worth giddily celebrating. Strange one.

J70

Quote from: StGallsGAA on May 13, 2017, 09:11:17 PM
FFS the West Ham lads are already on the beach and a fair  few probably out clubbing tonight!   Liverpool at 4/6 has to be a shoe-in?   6/5 HTFT and a whopping 9/5 minus a goal!

Tell that to Tottenham.

Windmill abu

If Klopp and Liverpool manage to hold on to a top four finish, will he be considered a success. Bearing in mind that Wenger has achieved that every year for the last twenty and has Arsenal in this year's FA cup final, while some Arsenal fans are calling for his resignation.
Never underestimate the power of complaining

Walter Cronc

Quote from: J70 on May 13, 2017, 09:45:46 PM

Tell that to Tottenham.

Tottenham is the biggest game of the season for West Ham. Liverpool to win easy today.

laoislad

Quote from: Walter Cronc on May 14, 2017, 09:38:15 AM
Quote from: J70 on May 13, 2017, 09:45:46 PM

Tell that to Tottenham.

Tottenham is the biggest game of the season for West Ham. Liverpool to win easy today.
West Ham have 4 clean sheets from last 5 games, 3 in a row, and Liverpool have looked incapable of scoring in the last 2 games, apart from a moment of genius from Can.
Apparently Firmino is out today also.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

naka

If looking li verpool can't beat a West Ham side with half the team out injured then they shouldn't be polluting the champions league.
I fancy a comfortable 3-1 win for Liverpool otherwise there should be questions askedd about the mentality of the players.

AZOffaly

There's already questions asked about the mentality of the players!

I hope I'm wrong, but I can't see a Liverpool win here. A panicky, error strewn performance, and West Ham pick them off twice on the break. 2-0 to the Happy Hammers.