The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Stallion

This year?  He's been dung throughout his time at Liverpool and should have been shipped out at the earliest opportunity rather than have his contract extended.

Maroon Manc

Does Klopp have much money to spend in January? He was in profit from transfer over the summer so surely has a few quid to spend although the new stand has to be paid for.

The Stallion

Does it matter? He clearly thinks Henderson and Milner are good enough to play regularly so he'll be in no hurry to replace them.

Fuzzman

All very quiet here before the big game tonight.
By the sounds of things both teams are expecting a war and will come out all guns blazing after the way Everton played against Arsenal last Tuesday.

The last 4 games in Goodison ended in draws. 1-1, 0-0, 3-3 and 2-2 back in Oct 2012 and you wouldn't be surprised to see another draw tonight.
With Arsenal losing their last 2 games it gives Liverpool a good chance to move back into 2nd, 7 points behind Chelsea, however a defeat would mean they are level with Arsenal and only one ahead of Spurs.

Everton could move back into 7th which would be great for Christmas as we've been rubbish the last few months.

J70

Ordinarily, a draw would be perfectly ok, but they do need to make up for the points squandered against Bournemouth and West Ham.

That said, I will be surprised if the result is anything other than a draw!

2-2.

AZOffaly

I'd bite your hand off for a draw.

laoislad

I'll be disappointed with anything less than a win.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Fuzzman

AZ, you won't be thinking that when you watch it later. Everton have been really poor in the last couple of months and are struggling to score goals and have lately began to leak as well.

Barkley was our last midfielder to score and that was back in October. Gana has done well for us this year but he never scores and will probably have McCarthy and Lennon alongside him tonight.
If ye can deal with Rom then ye will win though talk is Valencia might partner him up front.

I expect Funes Mori to play alongside Williams and both of them tend to make the odd mistake here and there though Mori can score from corners  ;)

I'd happily take a draw but fear it will be all over after 30 mins.

AZOffaly

Are Everton not unbeaten at home, and beat Arsenal last week?

laoislad

Arsenal were shite against them last week and even at that they could still have beaten them. Ozil I think it was missed a great chance before Everton got their second and they almost equalised in injury time.
A lot been made of Everton and how they played against Arsenal. In reality all they did was go into a few tackles hard and the crowd got a bit rowdy. They didn't exactly produce top class free flowing football or anything. It was actually a pretty boring game until the last 10 mins.
If Liverpool have any aspirations at all of winning the League this season they need to be winning tonight.
They would be 8 points behind Chelsea if they only draw and 9 if they lose.That's a long way back.

AZOffaly

Do Liverpool have aspirations of winning the league?

imtommygunn

Everton have a bit of discontent at the minute and there are even calls for Koeman's head - not due to results but mainly how they're playing. The Arsenal game was a reaction to that so it's a matter of seeing if they can keep that up. They really haven't been good and rarely beat Liverpool(when was the last time?). That being said that could be the time it would happen.

laoislad

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 19, 2016, 04:45:07 PM
Everton have a bit of discontent at the minute and there are even calls for Koeman's head - not due to results but mainly how they're playing. The Arsenal game was a reaction to that so it's a matter of seeing if they can keep that up. They really haven't been good and rarely beat Liverpool(when was the last time?). That being said that could be the time it would happen.
Its certainly possible Everton can beat Liverpool tonight. I wouldn't be surprised if they do actually.
Saying that though if Liverpool play tonight like they did in the second half v Boro last week then Everton will not be able live with them.
If I was an Everton fan I would be hoping the Liverpool team from the last 15mins against Bournemouth turn up tonight.!!

Fuzzman

Yeah Koeman has us playing rubbish football with loads of long hoofball up to Lukaku who is rubbish with his back to goal. He's got 9 goals but then you've got Barkley and Coleman with 3 and Barry with 2.

They were rubbish in the first 20 mins v Arsenal as LM said but they got in their faces and showed a lot more effort but not much finesse and so is the reason why we expect that will be the main tactic tonight. Get amongst Liverpool and don't let them settle into their passing game. I wouldn't be surprised to see McCarthy, Barry and Gana all play as DMs as they've been conceding a lot of early goals in games.

Our last win against ye was in 2010 with Arteta and Cahill scoring
http://www.11v11.com/matches/everton-v-liverpool-17-october-2010-290676/

Milltown Row2

I'm for 3-2 Liverpool! Fiver bet!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea