The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikhailov

In no way do I agree with The Stallion (a Glen man I believe) but I am also at odds with some of the decisions that Klopp has made albeit this is a small issue when overall we have improved under him.

1. We have not strengthened at the back except for Matip which was a free - surely he should have seen the need for at least 1 or 2 more defensive players to be brought in especially if he falling out with Sakho

2. The keeper issue should have been sorted before now. we should have tried to get Joe Hart on loan.

3. Some of the tactical switches are crazy eg: we are flying v Bournemouth with Mane causing all sorts of problems stretching their defence with his pace and we take him off at 3-1 up to replace him with Llalana who has no pace.....we all know what happened after that.

4. The reluctance to play Sturridge - yes he can be moody and hard to handle but it is up to the manager to get the best out of him, not fall out with him !!! in 2 games this year away to Spurs and Soton and both games in the melting pot Sturridge got a combined total of approx. 20 mins when a goal in either game was all that was needed.

This is not a criticism of the management just a query on some of his decision making - this next few weeks will determine my overall opinion on him.

We approach the transfer window - he knows what we need, Mane is missing, so lets see what he can produce. Good managers prosper and make good decisions at times like this. It is hard to buy well but lets see if Klopp can convince some good players to come our way and make the difference in the 2nd half of the season.

Still think we are a shoe-in for top 4 but have went off the boil lately and I expect a great manager to get us back on track quickly so we will wait and see what happens....

laoislad

Big game tonight. Lose and the gap between those that have been well below us for so long gets smaller.A good win by a few goals and we're up to 2nd. Hopefully the last two games were just a blip. Some really tough games coming up next month also.

Rumours circulating that Mignolet is in goals tonight.....
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

The Stallion

Mignolet back lol. You couldn't make it up. Is Neville dictating Liverpool tactics these days?

Could see Mignolet keeping a clean sheet and it being hailed as a Klopp masterstroke rather than the act of desperation that it is.

gawa316

Quote from: laoislad on December 14, 2016, 06:24:16 PM
Big game tonight. Lose and the gap between those that have been well below us for so long gets smaller.A good win by a few goals and we're up to 2nd. Hopefully the last two games were just a blip. Some really tough games coming up next month also.

Matip out as well :(

laoislad

Quote from: gawa316 on December 14, 2016, 06:51:49 PM
Quote from: laoislad on December 14, 2016, 06:24:16 PM

Matip out as well :(
And worst of all they are wearing those awful fluorescent yellow jerseys tonight!!
Have they won in those yet? What happened the black away kit they wore against Arsenal.

laoislad

3 points, clean sheet and back up to 2nd in the table...not a bad nights work.

Didn't think we were great in the first half even though we could easily have been 2 up. Second half though they were superb. The build up for the 2nd goal was fantastic football.

Mane was excellent,what a signing he has been. 5 in a row now from Origi,hopefully he is ok for Monday.
Mignolet hadn't much to do in the 2nd half but done what was asked of him in the first half,would keep him in goal for Everton.

gawa316

Quote from: laoislad on December 14, 2016, 09:44:53 PM

Didn't think we were great in the first half even though we could easily have been 2 up. Second half though they were superb. The build up for the 2nd goal was fantastic football.

Mane was excellent,what a signing he has been. 5 in a row now from Origi,hopefully he is ok for Monday.
Mignolet hadn't much to do in the 2nd half but done what was asked of him in the first half,would keep him in goal for Everton.

Second half performance was top drawer.

laoislad

Quote from: gawa316 on December 14, 2016, 09:53:26 PM

It was so good I think we deserve to be top of the table..you know because performances are more important than results and actually winning points,that's how I think the league table should be decided ... ;)

gawa316

Quote from: laoislad on December 14, 2016, 09:58:00 PM

It was so good I think we deserve to be top of the table..you know because performances are more important than results and actually winning points,that's how I think the league table should be decided ... ;)

;)

Captain Obvious

Jamie Carragher said Sunday Liverpool should have six more points which would have them top now. The Liverpool team and panel is not the strongest on paper however with a manager as good as Klopp anything is possible and only a matter of time in my opinion that trophies will be won under his watch.

trileacman

;D ;D ;D ;D
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Milltown Row2

Very good to bounce back, played a lot of really good football, some high tempo stuff
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

J70

Quote from: Mikhailov on December 14, 2016, 06:12:37 PM
In no way do I agree with The Stallion (a Glen man I believe) but I am also at odds with some of the decisions that Klopp has made albeit this is a small issue when overall we have improved under him.

1. We have not strengthened at the back except for Matip which was a free - surely he should have seen the need for at least 1 or 2 more defensive players to be brought in especially if he falling out with Sakho

He also brought in Klavan as cover. Tried to get a full-back but couldn't find the right deal. Gomez is about to be reintroduced to first team football after a promising start last season. Its a work in progress.

2. The keeper issue should have been sorted before now. we should have tried to get Joe Hart on loan.

I hear this quite a lot.

Hart was poor last season. Not least in Euro 2016. There was no one clamouring for Liverpool to buy him in the summer.

3. Some of the tactical switches are crazy eg: we are flying v Bournemouth with Mane causing all sorts of problems stretching their defence with his pace and we take him off at 3-1 up to replace him with Llalana who has no pace.....we all know what happened after that.

THAT is valid criticism.

Not nonsense about putting Corker up front in the last few minutes when the team was (successfully) chasing goals.

4. The reluctance to play Sturridge - yes he can be moody and hard to handle but it is up to the manager to get the best out of him, not fall out with him !!! in 2 games this year away to Spurs and Soton and both games in the melting pot Sturridge got a combined total of approx. 20 mins when a goal in either game was all that was needed.

Yet, the goals have been flying in most other games with the Firmino-Coutinho-Mane front line. Harsh.

This is not a criticism of the management just a query on some of his decision making - this next few weeks will determine my overall opinion on him.

We approach the transfer window - he knows what we need, Mane is missing, so lets see what he can produce. Good managers prosper and make good decisions at times like this. It is hard to buy well but lets see if Klopp can convince some good players to come our way and make the difference in the 2nd half of the season.

Still think we are a shoe-in for top 4 but have went off the boil lately and I expect a great manager to get us back on track quickly so we will wait and see what happens....

No team is going to stroll through a nine month season. Klopp does need to strengthen the squad, but should not be held to ransom either. Maybe some of these highly rated youngsters can do a job too.

Personally, I think top four is still wide open between the top six teams, although Chelsea would have to collapse badly to blow it from here.

El Jefe

Quote from: The Stallion on December 14, 2016, 05:30:26 PM
Not sure where to start with that. But you seem to believe Henderson is a good player, Klopp is a good manager, and it was a good decision to extend the already lengthy contract of a shit keeper then drop him in order to maximise his resale value lol.

The unique delusions of my fellow Liverpool supporters.
Where did I say drop him in order to maximise his resale value? Read whats there before spouting more rubbish.
Henderson is playing well, Klopp is a top manager that we were very lucky to get considering the state we were in. The delusion is this whole debate is coming from you and your constant rubbish ramblings

The Stallion

You didn't say to drop him but that's exactly the decision Klopp took. Do you think, bearing in mind the apparent point of giving him a lengthy contract was to maximise resale value, that dropping him helped maximise that resale value?