The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armamike

The Liverpool keeper doesn't have much to do in the game but on the one or two occasions he's called upon, and when he's needed, he doesn't make the save.  Not sure of the stats on this but it looks like teams have a fairly high conversion rate of goals to chances against Liverpool. Thought Firmino was very quiet the whole game.  Mane was carrying most of the threat. Will be a big miss in January. The subs bench today was uninspiring.
That's just, like your opinion man.

laoislad

There has to be case now surely for Mignolet to play v Boro during the week.  He played well against Leeds and Karius is a bag of nerves right now.
It's been a shite couple of games but it's hardly a crisis just yet. Will really need to be beating Boro though.
Quote from: Armamike on December 11, 2016, 07:38:11 PM
The Liverpool keeper doesn't have much to do in the game but on the one or two occasions he's called upon, and when he's needed, he doesn't make the save.  Not sure of the stats on this but it looks like teams have a fairly high conversion rate of goals to chances against Liverpool. Thought Firmino was very quiet the whole game.  Mane was carrying most of the threat. Will be a big miss in January. The subs bench today was uninspiring.
The bench was uninspiring alright. I said after Couthino got injured and Lallana was injured at the same time that the squad looked thin all of a sudden. With Mane going in January and no sign of Sturridge anywhere surely he will buy a couple in January.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

The Stallion

Are people beginning to realise I've been right all along about Klopp?

laoislad

The Stallion

Disappointing,  but I suppose you have to learn at your own pace.

No wides

J70

I see Klopp is now having a go at Gary Neville, also referencing his failed attempt at management.

Why respond to this stuff? Punditry and media criticism is part of the game. The place for Karius to prove it is on the pitch. He rejected Neville's criticism (which was fair) last week, then goes and again costs Liverpool points.

I understand that Klopp wants to publicly defend his players and selections, but you have to choose your battles. Karius, currently, is a losing one.

Further, you don't have to have ANY connection to professional football, never mind be a successful manager, to be able to judge that Karius has, to say the least, and based on the evidence so far, a long, long way to go to convince that he has a future as a top goalkeeper in England. Referring to Neville's Valencia failure is a pure ad hominem attack and irrelevant.

laoislad

Quote from: J70 on December 12, 2016, 05:34:47 PM
I see Klopp is now having a go at Gary Neville, also referencing his failed attempt at management.

Why respond to this stuff? Punditry and media criticism is part of the game. The place for Karius to prove it is on the pitch. He rejected Neville's criticism (which was fair) last week, then goes and again costs Liverpool points.

I understand that Klopp wants to publicly defend his players and selections, but you have to choose your battles. Karius, currently, is a losing one.

Further, you don't have to have ANY connection to professional football, never mind be a successful manager, to be able to judge that Karius has, to say the least, and based on the evidence so far, a long, long way to go to convince that he has a future as a top goalkeeper in England. Referring to Neville's Valencia failure is a pure ad hominem attack and irrelevant.
He was talking about the Neville sisters and just referred to one of them as being The one who used to be a manager. Hardly having a go.He was asked a question and gave an answer. I'd rather see him stand up for his player than throw them under the bus like a certain Jose would do.
Lighten up.

The Stallion

Agreed J70.

Klopp hasn't a clue. To have 60 million pounds at your disposal in charge of that Liverpool side yet fail to address the 3 major weaknesses (keeper, left back, Henderson) is complete incompetence.

heganboy

Quote from: The Stallion on December 12, 2016, 06:15:42 PM
Agreed J70.

Klopp hasn't a clue. To have 60 million pounds at your disposal in charge of that Liverpool side yet fail to address the 3 major weaknesses (keeper, left back, Henderson) is complete incompetence.

Nailed it. When can you talk publicly about the sky contract Gary?
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

J70

Quote from: The Stallion on December 12, 2016, 06:15:42 PM
Agreed J70.

I'm speaking solely about his comments on Neville, but you knew that.

The Stallion

Indeed I did. Which was why I started a new paragraph to elaborate on my own views. Apologies if you felt I was misrepresenting your views, that was not my intention.

I'm well aware nobody else here agrees with my opinion that Klopp is not a good manager.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: The Stallion on December 12, 2016, 07:01:09 PM
Indeed I did. Which was why I started a new paragraph to elaborate on my own views. Apologies if you felt I was misrepresenting your views, that was not my intention.

I'm well aware nobody else here agrees with my opinion that Klopp is not a good manager.
Here or anywhere else.

The Stallion

Hound

Quote from: laoislad on December 12, 2016, 06:02:34 PM
Quote from: J70 on December 12, 2016, 05:34:47 PM

He was talking about the Neville sisters and just referred to one of them as being The one who used to be a manager. Hardly having a go.He was asked a question and gave an answer. I'd rather see him stand up for his player than throw them under the bus like a certain Jose would do.
Lighten up.
While Karius isnt any good, I didnt think he was particularly at fault v West Ham. Lallana far more at fault for giving away a stupid and needless free. And the second goal, it was Matip at fault for misjudging the flight of the ball.
We're just generally off form at the moment. Firmino not going well, Lallana and Origi been fairly rubbish in the last two games, despite the goals, Sturridge as usual getting injured at exactly the wrong time. Clyne playing rubbish too. Henderson actually our strongest most consistent performer at the moment. Need Wijnaldum to become more of a threat.
Need to get back to winning ways quikcly, otherwise our race will be run. But on the brightside, there isn't anyone all that good. I'm sure Chelsea and Arsenal will drop unexpected points too. Although I think Chelsea are deservedly favourites to win out in the end.