The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

Is the coverage on Sky, island of Ireland or ROI only??

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Captain Obvious

Liverpool remain as inconsistent as ever and who knows what the second half will bring?

heganboy

Quoteliverpool is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get
Forest Gump
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

laoislad

Quote from: heganboy on August 20, 2016, 04:38:28 PM
Quoteliverpool is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get
Forest Gump
Plenty of ball but created feck all. Burnley scored  two good goals in fairness.
Should have brought Benteke on....

GJL

81% possession with 26 shots!   :o :o :o

AZOffaly

Quote from: GJL on August 20, 2016, 05:18:28 PM
81% possession with 26 shots!   :o :o :o

Not really any chances though. One of those frustrating days which are too common with this team.

laoislad

I reckon the jerseys weren't  bright enough sure they could hardly see each other.

Armamike

The feelgood factor didn't last long. Surely Man U's title to lose now?

That's just, like your opinion man.

laoislad

Quote from: Armamike on August 20, 2016, 08:09:29 PM
Next season is our year.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Armamike on August 20, 2016, 08:09:29 PM

Hull the new Leicester!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

heganboy

obviously the only stat that matters is 2-0

80% of possession, shots, passes, tackles etc. Bit lacking in a sharp edge up front. Lot of quality last ditch tackling from Burnley and fair play to them. They took their chances and they held their backs to the wall.

A little bit similar to how Liverpool played against Chelsea on the Gerard slip, didn't have enough invention to make the opening.

Milner solid, but not creative, Mignolet worries me greatly, flat footed and does not promote confidence. Sturridge looked lost, Origi was a bit more direct.

Balotelli would have been a decent hail mary for the last 10 minutes.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

StGallsGAA

Quotehttp://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p045bzp9

Stallion was on 606 earlier

I doubt if BBC would give this story a headline unless it reflected the views of a sizeable portion of the Liverpool fans.  Stallion may not be a ManU fan after all! 

J70

Quote from: heganboy on August 21, 2016, 05:48:51 AM
obviously the only stat that matters is 2-0

80% of possession, shots, passes, tackles etc. Bit lacking in a sharp edge up front. Lot of quality last ditch tackling from Burnley and fair play to them. They took their chances and they held their backs to the wall.

A little bit similar to how Liverpool played against Chelsea on the Gerard slip, didn't have enough invention to make the opening.

Milner solid, but not creative, Mignolet worries me greatly, flat footed and does not promote confidence. Sturridge looked lost, Origi was a bit more direct.

Balotelli would have been a decent hail mary for the last 10 minutes.

I thought Burnley were very comfortable and outfought and outmuscled Liverpool, winning all the 50/50s and content just to head the aimless crosses away and block the long range shots. Looked to be a touch of arrogance and complacency about Liverpool to me. And the two goals conceded were shocking. Bad giveaway by Clyne for the first, but he was put under pressure by Klavan giving him that pass in the first place. Both players should probably have just hammered it upfield, given the pressure Burnley were putting the Liverpool back line under at that moment. You don't have to play it out EVERY time. The second was awful two, coming directly from a Liverpool corner, with missed tackles and no tackles allowing Burnley to charge up the field almost unchallenged. After that, they could have there for two or three matches and they wouldn't have scored the way they were going about it. They'd better sort it out, because there will be plenty of that to deal with this season, especially at Anfield.