The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Did you watch it gawa? Didn't see any of it. Great to be able make so many changes and still win.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

gawa316

Quote from: laoislad on April 17, 2016, 08:42:26 PM
Did you watch it gawa? Didn't see any of it. Great to be able make so many changes and still win.

I did and thought we played pretty well considering. Sturridge should've scored at least one more but hit the post and another that rocketed off the crossbar.

J70

Quote from: gawa316 on April 17, 2016, 07:32:11 PM
Decent result today considering 10 changes. Few handball decisions went our way but we also missed a good few chances

None of those were penalties. Ball to hand from close quarters in both cases.

The one they DID get away with was Lucas shoving the Bournemouth player over in the box. Hands to yer man's chest and just pushed him over. Very lucky ref couldn't see it.

AZOffaly

Armamike

He never learns.  Needless fouling.  Some of them he gets away with either because the ref misses them, or we don't get punished by conceding.  The FA cup tie with West Ham though is an example of how it can hurt us.  He's probably gone in the summer, with Allen looking like offering a bit more.
That's just, like your opinion man.

J70

It was subtle. Very like when Noel Hegarty pushed Dessie Farrell over in the 92 AI final. There was widespread puzzlement as to why the penalty was awarded ( thankfully Charlie missed!) but it was a definite foul. You need an eagle-eyed Tommy Sugrue in there to see these things!

AZOffaly

What do we make of this alleged/paper talk/pie in the sky about Sheikh Mansoud's half brother taking over LFC for £700m. Part of me would be very suspicious about the club heading down that route, but is it *really* much different than Henry owing it? And if he pumped in the guts of a billion quid on players and wages, would we care, if it meant a League title coming back to Anfield?

Boycey

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 19, 2016, 01:24:34 PM
What do we make of this alleged/paper talk/pie in the sky about Sheikh Mansoud's half brother taking over LFC for £700m. Part of me would be very suspicious about the club heading down that route, but is it *really* much different than Henry owing it? And if he pumped in the guts of a billion quid on players and wages, would we care, if it meant a League title coming back to Anfield?

I think you know the answer to the question yourself.... But I'm sure Liverpool fans would soon get over it

J70

Where does the line of acceptability in terms of owners and the sources of their wealth and their background fall?

Or is the issue the sheer magnitude of the investment and a team distorting the market and literally buying success?

heganboy

Quote from: heganboy on April 01, 2016, 02:33:11 AM
A lot of rumors swirling about that FSG are in advanced stages of selling Liverpool to Middle Eastern buyers. Price tag of 650M vs the 300m that they paid for it...

so now it's 700M...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

blewuporstuffed

A very low key build up to the derby tomorrow night.
Are Everton likely to rest players with the cup semi at the weekend?
I would imagine that wouldn't go down too well with the fans ?

two teams at the opposite end of the form scale, it should be a straight forward liverpool win..............
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Maroon Manc

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 19, 2016, 01:24:34 PM

Which paper was that in?

AZOffaly

heganboy

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on April 19, 2016, 03:41:39 PM
it should be a straight forward liverpool win..............

In certain circles that is known as the scud...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Armamike

I'd fancy Liverpool more if we're playing them at Goodison! On form Liverpool should have enough, but it's a derby so who knows.  I'm hoping that we don't get suckered into getting caught on the break by Lakaku.
That's just, like your opinion man.