The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Will be a decent final for a change
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hound

Quote from: heganboy on January 27, 2016, 09:49:48 PM
This might be a tad harsh, but it looked to me like De Bruyne was flopping for the foul, but mid flop his foot got caught on the Everton guy's boot and it got stuck underneath him and his own weight flopping twisted it. That could be a high sprain (not too bad) or ligament damage (couple months)
100% self inflicted, threw himself on the ground after minimal contact

stew

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

JoG2

Quote from: Hound on January 28, 2016, 09:04:37 AM
Quote from: heganboy on January 27, 2016, 09:49:48 PM
This might be a tad harsh, but it looked to me like De Bruyne was flopping for the foul, but mid flop his foot got caught on the Everton guy's boot and it got stuck underneath him and his own weight flopping twisted it. That could be a high sprain (not too bad) or ligament damage (couple months)
100% self inflicted, threw himself on the ground after minimal contact

but this is now widely accepted, its the done thing. Costa dives against Arsenal with zero contact, both panelists on MoTD said it was a foul and a stonewall red card. He dived ffs.  I'm I missing something?

Canalman

This "there was contact" line trotted out anytime a soft penalty is given drives me potty. Seems to be this view that a forward is virtually untouchable in the box  *

* except before a corner or free kick when MMA rules seem to apply.

EagleLord

Quote from: Canalman on January 28, 2016, 05:23:13 PM
This "there was contact" line trotted out anytime a soft penalty is given drives me potty. Seems to be this view that a forward is virtually untouchable in the box  *

I agree! Drives me mad. One that winds me up more is the 'hes entitled to go down'. When commentators say it, makes my blood boil. That's why i enjoyed the Jon Walters Shoulder on James Milner on Tuesday night. Good old fashion, should to shoulder, get in the gym more James son, not a thing wrong with it. The problem is too many of them ARE given as penalties. Similar to Cesc being shouldered by Arsenal CB, Kosileny possibly?? last weekend. Not a foul. My first thought as soon as the Walters/Milner shoulder was Ronaldo. If he was on the receiving end of it, he would have been lying rolling and crying looking a pen. For a man that is in such shape, and has no problem showing it off, he is the first one to go down and cry foul.

J70

Quote from: Canalman on January 28, 2016, 05:23:13 PM

Indeed. Is riding a tackle a lost art now?

Maradona did plenty of shit wrong, but if some of these lads had to take a fraction of the abuse and tackling he had to take and hurdle over before winning a free, they'd be in traction in the hospital.

Would you see any of these boys do what Claudio Caniggia did in 1990 v Cameroon, when he rode the first tackle, stumbled on after the second one, and got cleaned out by the third! Ronaldo and the boys would have been gone to ground after the first!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeRlJJbtdHc

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

J70

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 28, 2016, 11:37:28 PM
Totally agree, how anyone can stomach that stuff

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RnPtuAbmsUI

I think everyone before you was lamenting the fact that its a problem all through the game, with all teams.

If you really want to turn it into a "my team is better than your's" pissing match, there's plenty of footage out there of United players.

cadhlancian

But he doesn't really support Utd any more , more just checks on their progress every now and then.. ::)

Tony Baloney

AZOffaly

He actually could find way worse Liverpool dives than that 😀

trueblue1234

Quote from: cadhlancian on January 28, 2016, 11:50:04 PM
But he doesn't really support Utd any more , more just checks on their progress every now and then.. ::)
d
;D
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Milltown Row2

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 29, 2016, 08:04:42 AM
He actually could find way worse Liverpool dives than that 😀

I could but he was the obvious one, like Ronaldo .... Coulda put Young in there also...

Didn't think it was merited the reply's... Very sensitive

annapr

Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 29, 2016, 08:37:38 AM
Quote from: cadhlancian on January 28, 2016, 11:50:04 PM
;D
;D ;D
Quote from: J70 on January 28, 2016, 11:44:23 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 28, 2016, 11:37:28 PM
Totally agree, how anyone can stomach that stuff

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RnPtuAbmsUI

I think everyone before you was lamenting the fact that its a problem all through the game, with all teams.

If you really want to turn it into a "my team is better than your's" pissing match, there's plenty of footage out there of United players.
He can't help himself. Totally obsessed with Liverpool he is.This just proves it beyond doubt.