The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GJL

Not a decent striker on the pitch and it shows. Yawn. Both teams more interested in not loosing.

laoislad

The worst thing about that goal was it was as obvious as hell what they were going to do.
Though not to the Liverpool players apparently ::)
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

GJL

18 year old cub just out done it.  8)

Captain Obvious

Headlines written with that fourth goal.

laoislad

Dire from Liverpool,no complaints about the result.
Goal of the season from Benteke but its nearly a pity he did score it as now Rodgers can bullshite us about the great character we showed trying to get back into the game.
3 sloppy goals given away and all 3 our own fault.
Fell asleep for the first one and it was oh so obvious what was gonna happen, stupid tackle then for the peno and despite it being a good finish for the 3rd no one put in a tackle.

Lecale2

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

cavan4sam

I've given Rodgers every chance from day 1 but it is definitely time for him to go. Every game this season, so far, they have been awful (apart from a 30 min spell against Arsenal). No creativity, no width, little possession. I didn't see the West Ham game but for me yesterday was the worst performance, especially when you consider the opposition.

laoislad

Quote from: cavan4sam on September 13, 2015, 10:34:03 AM
I've given Rodgers every chance from day 1 but it is definitely time for him to go. Every game this season, so far, they have been awful (apart from a 30 min spell against Arsenal). No creativity, no width, little possession. I didn't see the West Ham game but for me yesterday was the worst performance, especially when you consider the opposition.
No point sacking him unless a Klopp or Ancelotti comes in.
I don't really want to see a Gary Monk or the like takeover.

I read a stat after the game yesterday(haven't bothered to check if it's true) that Liverpool have only won 4 out of the last 16 games in all competitions.

Tony Baloney

Rodgers will be up the road by Christmas.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 13, 2015, 11:17:26 AM

That would be too late.  The change needs to be made now.   Apart from Man City there are no teams that you would say are outstanding.  At the start of the season you would have hoped for 11 points by now, be very satisfied with 10 and 9 would have been fully expected.  The performances have been poor with no real drive.  Some of the team selections have been baffling.  Yesterday he really should have taken Lucas off and gone for the game at 2-0 down.  Benteke scores a world class strike and it keeps them in the game. De Gea made a few good saves and Blind clears off the line and that will keep Rodgers in a job as he will point to that as he will point to that as justification for keeping him as they could/should have been goals.  They were shite, and United were not much better.  Time to ring Klopp,  get him in, he wants the job and I think everyone knows that.  There is the basis of a very god team.  Make the decision now FSG before the shit falls out of the season.  He is not a winner and never has been,  not enough real cut,m  completely out of his depth.

Bingo

What BC1 said.

We look a pub side and that's been hard on some decent pub sides.

laoislad

StGallsGAA

The Klopp is ticking.....

The Shankly - Rodgers banners don't seem to be quite so noticeable these days. 

stew

United were by far the better team, if ever a game highlighted the futility of zonal marking it was this one, it is criminal not to mark a player in the box from a dead ball, go man to man and that first goal does not happen, the second was simply stupidity from a young player who picked a hell of a time to eff up and the third was the result of Skrtel refusing to put in a challenge and his two cohorts simply stopped helping him, Liverpool's defense is the worst I have seen in long and many's a day.

Bentekes goal was incredible but masks what was a listless, leaderless performance by Liverpool and to be honest, I would expect this team to finish seventh or eighth unless Sturridge hits the ground running when he comes back.

One last thing, Brendan is either delusional or he is watching a different game than the rest of us, he is doing Liverpool players no good at all when he says they were unlucky, they weren't, they were poor.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.