The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bingo

Was all about the win and will take that.

I thought Blackburn worked hard and where very organised, as you'd expected, but once they tried to open up they had very little left in the tank and never really troubled Liverpool too much.

Sturridge looks a shadow of last season, be it injuries, confidence or whatever but he had the touch of a Jimi Traroe last night. Sterling too struggled at times.

Take the win and move on, some of the same will do on Monday night V Newcastle.

GJL

Quote from: Bingo on April 09, 2015, 10:40:46 AM

I thought Blackburn worked hard and where very organised, as you'd expected, but once they tried to open up they had very little left in the tank and never really troubled Liverpool too much.

Sturridge looks a shadow of last season, be it injuries, confidence or whatever but he had the touch of a Jimi Traroe last night. Sterling too struggled at times.

Last season he had the luxury of Saurez taking up the attention of the defenders.

AZOffaly

He's also had a brutal injury season don't forget.

Bingo

Quote from: GJL on April 09, 2015, 11:48:42 AM
Quote from: Bingo on April 09, 2015, 10:40:46 AM

Last season he had the luxury of Saurez taking up the attention of the defenders.

Funny, I never saw them as a duo or strike partnership that really played or fed off each other. Think it was more the pace the team played at. Obviously defenders had a lot more to watch and worry about. I suppose its been one of the problems this year in that Liverpool have often gone alone up top, even if its often been a similar shape of a front 3.

AZOffaly

Liverpool unveiling new kits today. f**king ridiculous. New Balance are making this one, as they've taken over the Warrior Sports soccer business.

deiseach

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 10, 2015, 10:31:37 AM
Liverpool unveiling new kits today. f**king ridiculous. New Balance are making this one, as they've taken over the Warrior Sports soccer business.

Hopefully with them being 'new' they'll go for something simple. I bought the first Warrior Sports one on the cheap when they replaced it because it's, well, red. Do you find the bairn(s)hassling you for the brand new kit?

Bingo

Quote from: deiseach on April 10, 2015, 10:37:51 AM

Hopefully with them being 'new' they'll go for something simple. I bought the first Warrior Sports one on the cheap when they replaced it because it's, well, red. Do you find the bairn(s)hassling you for the brand new kit?

Jasysus Aye but he generally gets one per year as they all change now, so he'll pick one of the 3 jerseys and keepers kits. He might get another one late in the season when its reduced to under half price.

In fairness he gets great wear out of them and only wears jerseys/sports tops. But you'd struggle to buy all every season.

Boycey

Quote from: Bingo on April 10, 2015, 10:46:58 AM

Jasysus Aye but he generally gets one per year as they all change now, so he'll pick one of the 3 jerseys and keepers kits. He might get another one late in the season when its reduced to under half price.

In fairness he gets great wear out of them and only wears jerseys/sports tops. But you'd struggle to buy all every season.

Hope he doesn't wear them to his local GAA club  ;) ;)

Bingo

Quote from: Boycey on April 10, 2015, 11:13:46 AM
Quote from: Bingo on April 10, 2015, 10:46:58 AM

Hope he doesn't wear them to his local GAA club  ;) ;)

Haha, you know he does and you know who does be shaking his head as he lands!

But he wore his GAA jersey to soccer training last week (but don't tell anyone he was even there ;-) )

deiseach

Quote from: Bingo on April 10, 2015, 11:31:20 AM
But he wore his GAA jersey to soccer training last week (but don't tell anyone he was even there ;-) )

Off topic, but it reminds me of my uncle telling me last weekend of his exploits with Waterford City RFC - "three-quarters of us were playing there because we were Banned" :D

blewuporstuffed

I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Gabriel_Hurl

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

blewuporstuffed

yeah, just meh for me too.
the 2013/14 one was the nicest one they have had for a long time.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Bingo

Game changer. Its on. Next season is the one.