The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bingo

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on February 25, 2015, 01:13:19 PM
QuoteNo Jordan Henderson (ankle), Glen Johnson, Mamadou Sakho or Philippe Coutinho on @LFC flight to Istanbul

Looks like we could be going out tomorrow night

I can live with the above missing players.

Can will have to start in centre midfield now and been looking to see him there. Have a range of attacking players available - Sturridge, Mario, Sterling, Lallana, Ibe, Borini, Lambert. A bit bare in the middle and back but can manage.

Score once and tie very different and I think they can with the above named players.

deiseach

If they can't cope with the absence of Gerrard, Henderson, Coutinho and Sakho they have no hope of winning the competition.

GJL

IMO their chances of a top 4 finish are better if put out now anyway.

muppet

Quote from: BennyHarp on February 24, 2015, 10:43:41 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on February 24, 2015, 05:50:49 PM
Tell you what if Liverpool do finish in the top four I will give them full credit and acknowledge Rogers as an excellent manager.Watched them at Old Trafford in December and they looked complete shite.Turnaround is quite impressive and Rogers has dealt extremely well with the pressure.

And whilst you acknowledge him as an excellent manager, perhaps you could also acknowledge the "D" in his surname.

By leaving out the 'D' he is revealing his inner homosexual.
MWWSI 2017

johnneycool

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on February 25, 2015, 01:13:19 PM
QuoteNo Jordan Henderson (ankle), Glen Johnson, Mamadou Sakho or Philippe Coutinho on @LFC flight to Istanbul

Looks like we could be going out tomorrow night

Fúck,
   who is going to take the penalties then?

laoislad

Quote from: GJL on February 25, 2015, 02:31:39 PM
But winning this brings the same prize as finishing in the top 4..
I'd rather they had two avenues of getting to the Champions League rather than one.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

GJL

Quote from: laoislad on February 25, 2015, 02:57:50 PM
I'd rather they had two avenues of getting to the Champions League rather than one.

Fair enough as long as you don't fall between 2 stools. I think if Liverpool forgot about the FA cup and the Europa league and put all efforts into a top 4 position it is there for the taking. If they go all guns blazing in all 3 competitions then they could over stretch the squad and end up with nothing.

I must admit the Europa league has improved itself a lot by giving entrance to the Champion's league as a prize.

JoG2

Quote from: GJL on February 25, 2015, 03:11:35 PM
Quote from: laoislad on February 25, 2015, 02:57:50 PM

Fair enough as long as you don't fall between 2 stools. I think if Liverpool forgot about the FA cup and the Europa league and put all efforts into a top 4 position it is there for the taking. If they go all guns blazing in all 3 competitions then they could over stretch the squad and end up with nothing.

I must admit the Europa league has improved itself a lot by giving entrance to the Champion's league as a prize.

he who dares......

heganboy

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

gawa316

Quote from: mikehunt on February 25, 2015, 08:19:31 AM

His approach seems to be "go out and play lads". Tactically he doesn't have it when it comes to the defence. He fell upon the current set up. He insisted on keeping Lovren but was only when he reluctantly brought Can and Sakho back in that things improved. Mignolet has massively improved since those two came in. He wanted rid of Lucas and persisted with Gerrard. His transfer dealings are generally poor. He has them playing great stuff but I think he's making it as he goes along. He needs to finish top four this season or I'd say the yanks will have decisions to make.

Sorry but that is absolute bollocks. We have had 5 clean sheets in a row away from home and at one point in January we'd allowed something like 12 shots on target in 8 or 9 games but sure it's all down to luck. No way the stuff they do on the training ground has anything to do with it. When we were conceding it was down to him so why now when we have tightened things up it's not him getting the praise?

Yes the season started off bad and he persisted with Lovern for probably too long but at least he had the gumption to change things around. Moving to a 3 man defence, bring in Lucas to make us more difficult to breakdown. Why does he not get praise for being reactive to a situation?

His transfer dealings are generally poor

This old clinker often gets a good run out too. Of those signed in the summer I would say only Balo and Lovern have been bad business presently (although both have improved of late). Can has shown that he is going to be an absolute beast for us, Moreno has been great in the LWB role, Markovic has been playing well for the last 2 months and begun to show us what he can do, Manquillo and Lambert were both buttons in this day and age but have also done okay especially Manquillo and they are back up after all. Origi hasn't even played for us so no need to comment.

His approach seems to be "go out and play lads"

Is is a coincidence that the majority of the players he buys have a strong work ethic (bar Balo but even he has down more this season than in his entire career) that close the opposition down and immediately press the player with the ball in an attempt to win it early and catch the opposition cold?

brokencrossbar1

Also Balo has not been as bad as some would have you believe. While he hasn't tipped trees up he has scored or been involved in the winning of 4 very important games through goals or assists. The club will near enough break even on him transfer wise as they would no doubt get £15m as he is undoubtedly talented and still quite young.

heganboy

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on February 25, 2015, 06:36:48 PM
Also Balo has not been as bad as some would have you believe. While he hasn't tipped trees up he has scored or been involved in the winning of 4 very important games through goals or assists. The club will near enough break even on him transfer wise as they would no doubt get £15m as he is undoubtedly talented and still quite young.

Ulster says NO to selling Balo!

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

J70

Quote from: T Fearon on February 24, 2015, 05:50:49 PM
Tell you what if Liverpool do finish in the top four I will give them full credit and acknowledge Rogers as an excellent manager.Watched them at Old Trafford in December and they looked complete shite.Turnaround is quite impressive and Rogers has dealt extremely well with the pressure.

I thought, and I don't think I'm alone in this, that that match was the turning point of the season. Yeah, the result was shite, but as a team they actually played quite well that day, ridiculous individual mistakes for the goals aside, at least in comparison to the utter dross they'd served up all season to that point.
Jones was a disaster and dove the wrong way for two of the goals (Rooney literally passed the ball into the net from the edge of the box!), a Lovren mistake gifted the third, and United's second was offside. At the same time, it was the first time this season that Rodgers tried the three at the back and got the fast movement going again. They actually looked like they could finally create a few chances, and they did. Unfortunately poor shooting and DeGea having an outstanding day meant they didn't take any.
Never like to lose to United, but in the context of the season, it was a good day, at least with the benefit of hindsight. Turnaround began there and then.

Bingo

Quote from: Bingo on February 19, 2015, 10:40:07 PM
Quote from: laoislad on February 19, 2015, 10:33:08 PM
Besiktas are a decent enough side. It won't be that easy next week in the Atatürk.
Btw have we ever played there before??

It rings a bell.

Best place to play them as not their home and big track round it, so not quite the in your face hostile atmosphere you normally get in Turkey.

Seems it might be hostile enough, looks like a 76k sell out!

Early goal to take the noise out of it, please.

laoislad

Quote from: Bingo on February 26, 2015, 10:19:23 AM
Quote from: Bingo on February 19, 2015, 10:40:07 PM
Quote from: laoislad on February 19, 2015, 10:33:08 PM
Besiktas are a decent enough side. It won't be that easy next week in the Atatürk.
Btw have we ever played there before??

It rings a bell.

Best place to play them as not their home and big track round it, so not quite the in your face hostile atmosphere you normally get in Turkey.

Seems it might be hostile enough, looks like a 76k sell out!

Early goal to take the noise out of it, please.
Be more fun to go 3-0 down before half time..
Who knows what could happen in the second half being 3-0 at half time in the Ataturk!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.