The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minus15

Watching Moreno the last few games, he looks to be settling in well. Not sure about him in a back 4 but this system seems to suit him and he is developing a decent understanding with Sakho and Coutinho on that side.

brokencrossbar1

I think that there is a serious possibility that the partnership of DS and Balo could be very good.  Balo like to come short and DS plays off the shoulder.  What I see as great potential is a MF 2 of whoever, Ibe/Sterling RWB, Moreno/Markovic LWB,  Lallana/Coutinho in the hole and the 2 lads up front.  We could go direct to Balo, feed the 2 lads on the wings off Balo, the way he did last night for the peno, and let the wide players hit the end line for the corss or cut back.  DS would love that as he would only have to work around the box.

Minus15

I agree with you BC. There is a big chance we could see more of a 3-4-1-2 soon I'd say. We have always said that Mario is no use alone up front but with Sturridge it could work. They both like to come short at times and I think Sturridge will enjoy not having to stay right up all the time. If they can form an understanding where they interchange throughout the game in terms of coming short and occupying the centre halves, then they will be a handful for any defence. With pace on the wings and creativity through the middle in Coutinho / Lallana, it is shaping up quite well.

AZOffaly

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on February 20, 2015, 10:03:41 AM
Quote from: GJL on February 20, 2015, 10:01:58 AM
Sturridge did not look impressed. Hardly bodes well for a 2 up front partnership..

Sturridge and Suarez bitched like f**k last year, did no harm.

Yep. Strikers are like that. They want to be the main man and score goals. As long as they don't go psycho on it, that's just healthy competition. Sturridge can be greedy, and sometimes that's a good thing, but that's a part of his game that needs to develop too.

Bingo

Realistically I'd say Liverpool will be delighted if Mario hits form from now to the end of the season, I can't see him featuring in the long term plans and he'll be easier to sell. And by long term, I mean next season.

Rossie11

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 20, 2015, 10:14:46 AM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on February 20, 2015, 10:03:41 AM
Quote from: GJL on February 20, 2015, 10:01:58 AM
Sturridge did not look impressed. Hardly bodes well for a 2 up front partnership..

Sturridge and Suarez bitched like f**k last year, did no harm.

Yep. Strikers are like that. They want to be the main man and score goals. As long as they don't go psycho on it, that's just healthy competition. Sturridge can be greedy, and sometimes that's a good thing, but that's a part of his game that needs to develop too.

Hard to know long term. It was great last year but I wonder if Suarez was playing with someone else would he have stayed for another year especially with them in the champs league...
To me their relationship looked very strained towards the end of the season
Looking at it another way if Rodgers told Suarez he was selling Sturridge and using the cash to bring Sanchez or even Fabergas would he have stayed?
We will never know obviously and once the bite happened it took the options available to Rodgers out of it.

Armamike

Wouldn't worry about 2 strikers not being bessy mates.  Was it Teddy Sheringham and Andy Cole at Manu who didn't speak?
That's just, like your opinion man.

laoislad

Game massive today now with United and Spurs slipping up.
Don't feel at all confident though.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: laoislad on February 22, 2015, 01:55:17 PM
Game massive today now with United and Spurs slipping up.
Don't feel at all confident though.

I know how you feel,  hate the weekends after Euro games.  Southampton will be well motivated for this and it will take a massive performance to get anything.

AZOffaly

I'd take a draw definitely. Southampton will be majorly up for this one.

gawa316

No Sakho or Sturridge!!

Mignolet, Can, Skrtel, Lovren, Henderson, Allen, Markovic, Ibe, Lallana, Coutinho, Sterling

Ward, Johnson, Toure, Lambert, Sturridge, Moreno, Balotelli

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: gawa316 on February 22, 2015, 03:25:25 PM
No Sakho or Sturridge!!

Mignolet, Can, Skrtel, Lovren, Henderson, Allen, Markovic, Ibe, Lallana, Coutinho, Sterling

Ward, Johnson, Toure, Lambert, Sturridge, Moreno, Balotelli

Sakho hurt, not surprised that Sturridge is not on, he looked heavy legged the other night.  Maybe planning to keep it tight first half with Markovic and Sterling fresh to run into any spaces and then push Balo or DS or both on with 30 to go.

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

The Worker

Friend letting everything go here, must be taking the conditions into account.

beer baron

Quote from: laoislad on February 22, 2015, 04:20:41 PM
Goal of the season right there.

Lovely goal but very surprised if that's goal of the season,being a bit biased there perhaps?

Friend was very pro  Liverpool that half it appeared,i'd say if there's a few 50/50 calls 2nd half it'll be the other way round,your defenders may be careful in  around the box.