The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Did he not score in the boro shootout this season?

laoislad

Ah maybe he did.. My bad. Blame Twitter so  ;D

Actually no just had a look he wasn't playing that night v Middlesborough.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

AZOffaly

Quote from: laoislad on February 19, 2015, 10:57:27 PM
Ah maybe he did.. My bad. Blame Twitter so  ;D

Actually no just had a look he wasn't playing that night v Middlesborough.

No you're right. Didn't play.

cadhlancian

Lads, Henderson in my eyes, is a fantastic player, until he reaches the others teams final third. His decision making, quality and execution are for the most part very average . Why he is standing over free kicks and corners , I don't know! In fairness to him, he hit one decent free tonight, but overall , his final ball/ delivery is poor.

Minus15

Some Shite being talked on here tonight. I am not a big fan of Joe Allen but I thought he was very good tonight.

Henderson not good in the final third? How many assists does he have this season?

On the penalty, Balotelli was the best man to take it at that time. I think Henderson knew that and whilst he will maybe regret letting him take it from him, it was the right decision at the time. He handled the interview very well also. Gerrard is 100% right in what he was saying. Balotelli a bit disrespectful but he is a top penalty taker and if Jordan had have told him to f**k off and then miss it we would all be wondering why the hell Mario wasn't taking it.

cadhlancian

6 assists in 23 league games, and 29 shots with 6 on target. Woopity f**king woo.

supersub

If a man is designated to take a penalty he should take it and others should respect it. Henderson was on penalties tonight. Mario wasn't starting, maybe he would have been on them if he had started. His own fault he's not starting for being such an idiot in his first 5 months. Henderson played the situation well and nothing about not having the balls to stand up to Balotelli. He walked away and caused no fuss, plus he knew Mario was good at pens anyway. Would have looked a lot worse if he had sat trying to wrestle the ball back off Mario. Sturridge had no need to get involved. Mario was the right man to take it but didn't come about how you would like.

cadhlancian

Also, speaking of shite being talked on here tonight, Joe Allen you thought was very good! Are you fecking serious??  :o

cadhlancian

Minus15

Those stats don't tell the whole story. Taking into account all games, Henderson has assisted the most goals in the team this season although he was very poor in the final third last night.

On Allen, yes I am serious. He was much more comfortable on the ball, quicker to the ball and played forwards rather than backwards for a change.

AZOffaly

I agree Minus, I thought Allen was good last night. Or relatively good at least. I still think Can is the better option there, but he has a bit of maturing to do as well. Sometimes he just tries to do too much and makes mistakes, but he's a great prospect. I like Henderson as a player, and I like his character as well from what I've seen. He's applied himself, knuckled down and has made himself a first team regular, and the Captain elect. I also think he is improving a lot as a player, and some of his passing is top drawer. He does have to improve his return in the danger area, but he's improving in that area as he goes, and he always brings energy and effort. If you combine energy and effort with an increasing skillset, then I'm happy with that.

brokencrossbar1

I thought Allen was effective in the first half but tired very quickly in the second half.  This tiring contributed to the run of mistakes that Can made before the Lovren substitution for Allen.  Allen's use of the ball is simple and straightforward but I think it would be better if he was 15 yards forward on the field. 

Mario is maturing I think and he could be a key player for the rest of the season if he is given his head.  He offers a physicality and awareness that hasn't been available and offers a secondary option of going direct, like long balllllsssh United  :P.  He also seems to be settling well

mb459
11 hours ago
Thank you hendo for let me take the penalty.. Stop drama now. We won that's what it count. We are a team and expecially we are Liverpool. Come on guys. 👊

Bingo

Mario put in a decent shift last night, got himself about, held the ball up link, worked to get into position and won a series of free kicks. Ice cool on the peno. His introduction changed the game as Liverpool looked like losing their foothold in the game at that stage.

I don't know why Henderson was on peno's but he obviously been taking them in training and was given the role.

Anyway, I think Gerards comments have given it extra mileage. I can only assume that he was trying to either give Henderson a kick in the arse as he wouldn't matter what he'd say about Mario as I doubt he'd care.

Mario mustn't be too popular in the dressing room.

AZOffaly

Ironically I've read a few things that sounds like Mario is fairly popular, but I'd imagine the likes of Gerrard and Henderson might struggle with his lack of 'I'll die for this shirt' emotion. The likes of Can, Sterling, Sturridge (although not last night!!), Moreno, Ibe and others seem to like him.

GJL

Sturridge did not look impressed. Hardly bodes well for a 2 up front partnership..