The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoG2

His distribution has definitely improved. Coutinho would certainly miss him

Bingo

Fabian Delph the supposed target replacement. Inspiring.

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: Bingo on January 10, 2015, 11:05:22 PM
Fabian Delph the supposed target replacement. Inspiring.
Thought he was to be Gerrards replacement! Mid table it is then!

on the sideline

Please tell me this is a joke.  How can we even be considering sending Lucas on loan? He's been one of the players central to the recent improved performances.  And to be replacing him with Delph!?  Have we learnt nothing from signing players from teams at that level, e.g. Lovren and Lambert.  Bad enough already pushing the likes of Reina and Agger out the door and replacing them with Mignolet and Lovren, without doing the same thing here. Lessons need to be learned.

CD

Quote from: on the sideline on January 10, 2015, 11:16:21 PM
Please tell me this is a joke.  How can we even be considering sending Lucas on loan? He's been one of the players central to the recent improved performances.  And to be replacing him with Delph!?  Have we learnt nothing from signing players from teams at that level, e.g. Lovren and Lambert.  Bad enough already pushing the likes of Reina and Agger out the door and replacing them with Mignolet and Lovren, without doing the same thing here. Lessons need to be learned.
I'd argue the Delph isn't even at their level! A limited player in a poor side. If he's worth £7.5million then my personal value has just gone up to £1.2million and I only have one leg.
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

BennyHarp

Suarez replaced by Lambert and Balotelli and Gerrard to be replaced by Delph. That's some serious downgrading there - what is Rodgers thinking?
That was never a square ball!!

JoG2

Quote from: BennyHarp on January 11, 2015, 11:15:40 AM
Suarez replaced by Lambert and Balotelli and Gerrard to be replaced by Delph. That's some serious downgrading there - what is Rodgers thinking?

Some would say it's not Rodgers making these calls

tiempo

Quote from: JoG2 on January 11, 2015, 11:31:19 AM
Quote from: BennyHarp on January 11, 2015, 11:15:40 AM

Some would say it's not Rodgers making these calls

Rodgers likes youger players as he fancies his abilities at development, what he forgets is that its the performances of these players that directly relates to his employment at Liverpool and if it doesn't work out with certain signings then he's out. I wouldn't fancy putting anything on the line vs. success of Fabian Delph. Maybe he struggles to convince established top players to join also, though that could be a problem with the club/location/finances? Probably a combination of all 3.

Bingo

U turn on Lucas. Inter pushing for loan first but seems Rodgers is having none of it. Was nearly a done deal on Friday if some reliables on a few forums are to be believed.

quit yo jibbajabba

i knew he read the board :-) (brendan)

supersub

Suso looks gone though, strange one. BR must not have fancied him at all. Thought he would be exactly the type BR would like in the team.

Bingo

Suso probably too similar to what we have.

Times reporting that juve looking to take Mario on loan with view to buy in summer.

Minus15

Quote from: Minus15 on November 23, 2014, 07:05:53 PM
If Rodgers was to be sacked, it would be undeserved and premature. I would think that last season would allow him the time to turn it around. He could turn it around. Just look at Pardew and Allardyce.

Do I think Rodgers will turn it around? I have to say I am fast losing faith. Poor signings, poor performances and I think he is struggling with how to rotate and deal with a heavy schedule.

The main weakness for me at the moment is his lack of a reaction to the obvious. The team can't defend, is rudderless, lacks any sort of organisation yet he persists with the same underperformance personnel and tactics. Some players are performing far below their best and things are usually the other way around with Rodgers. He needs to react soon and bring in a defensive coach.

Only 5 points off top 4 after 12 games so it can be turned around, but the signs are not good and they are probably more likely to fall further behind than catch up. If that happens, the calls to bring Rafa back could gain in momentum. I am already beginning to wonder if that would be a better option.

Here we are, 9 league games later and it appears that Rodgers has steadied the ship at the very least. Drastic times (4 defeats on the trot) called for drastic measures and despite seemingly taking time to react, Rodgers has changed things. He started by making us hard to beat and then tried to bring back the spark of last season with a change to the 3-4-2-1 formation and the solid base of Lucas in midfield. Progress has certainly been made. Whilst we are still 5 points off top 4, we seem to be on an upward curve and just need to keep that form going. The race for the top 4 will be all about momentum and if we can keep the run going and get Sturridge fit, we could sneak in there. Some of the new signings look like they are starting to settle too so things are promising. I would still like to see 1 or 2 new faces who can make an impact straight away. Credit to Rodgers as he has a team working again when 2 months ago it appeared that his time may be coming to an end.

blewuporstuffed

Can and Markovic both seem to be settling in now at this stage and finding a  bit of form and Coutinho seems to have rediscovered his spark also.
Alot is dependant though on Sturridge being able to hit the ground running when he comes back as the difficulty in putting the ball in the net is still a big issue.
Hopefully Rodgers can adress the goalkeeping issue now in this window and that may help defensively as well.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

deiseach

It's well-known that Liverpool have a rather happy relationship with penalty shoot-outs. Everton, on the other hand . . . ;D