The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deiseach

What a relief. Trying to work out the future from such a small sample is folly, but what else can you go on - pre-season games? Had a weak performance against Southampton and a decisive defeat from Man City been followed up with anything less than a quality display against one of the obvious contenders to overtake Liverpool, questions would start to be asked. On the basis of today though it looks like, après Suarez, that there really is such a thing as Rodgeball. It's going to be a relaxing international break!

brokencrossbar1

Funny that people are saying above that Sakho is dodgy,  he did look nervous. Any team though that has a back 4 that never played together against a team and keeps a clean sheet against a team that scored 4 in its last game, well then you have to be happy.

Mario looked good, if a bit rusty.  He occupies defenders well and creates space.  I think he and DS will be good together.  Sterling was excellent and if he had finished that one at the end of his mazy run then you were looking at a goal of the season contender!  I thought though that Gerard was iffy.  I thought he was caught out easily enough a few times and was a bit sloppy but he plays games like that sometimes. 

All in all though 3 points is all that can be won so you have to be happy.

redhandloo

How does Remy fail a medical at Anfield and ends up being signed by Chelsea?
Tough times don't last, tough people do!

supersub

I'd say there was more to it than the medical!!

Good performance today. A subtle start for Mario, hopefully keeps up the work rate.

gawa316

Quote from: redhandloo on August 31, 2014, 07:48:01 PM

I thought it was something to do with his insurance but could be wrong.

Needed that performance and result today. Back 4 was completely new and combined they probably don't have 30 appearances for the club. Understandable that they were a bit rusty. I would like for them to continue together

laoislad

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on August 31, 2014, 07:44:46 PM
Funny that people are saying above that Sakho is dodgy,  he did look nervous. Any team though that has a back 4 that never played together against a team and keeps a clean sheet against a team that scored 4 in its last game, well then you have to be happy.

Mario looked good, if a bit rusty.  He occupies defenders well and creates space.  I think he and DS will be good together.  Sterling was excellent and if he had finished that one at the end of his mazy run then you were looking at a goal of the season contender!  I thought though that Gerard was iffy.  I thought he was caught out easily enough a few times and was a bit sloppy but he plays games like that sometimes. 

All in all though 3 points is all that can be won so you have to be happy.
I saw a quote on Twitter from Brendan Rodgers on the Sterling chance.

"He dribbled into the box like Ricky Villa,but finished it like Ricky Gervais."
I lol'd at it anyway.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Minder

Quote from: gawa316 on August 31, 2014, 09:28:59 PM

Needed that performance and result today. Back 4 was completely new and combined they probably don't have 30 appearances for the club. Understandable that they were a bit rusty. I would like for them to continue together

Doesn't matter who the back 4 is or how long they play together, Sakho can't pass the ball and every time the ball goes near him you are shitting himself.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Armamike

Can we play Spurs every week? Great win and performance.

That's just, like your opinion man.

laoislad

Hardly be more signings tomorrow? Maybe a back up keeper?
Would expect Lucas,Assaidi and Borini to be shipped out.

gawa316

Quote from: Minder on August 31, 2014, 09:55:42 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on August 31, 2014, 09:28:59 PM

Doesn't matter who the back 4 is or how long they play together, Sakho can't pass the ball and every time the ball goes near him you are shitting himself.

I don't know, I think I read a stat for last season and he had over 90% pass rate, the highest in the team. Not sure where I read it so don't quote me. I just think he looks awkward but it is actually a myth that he can't pass.

Edit here it is

http://www.squawka.com/players/mamadou-sakho/stats#performance-score#liverpool-%28current%29#english-barclays-premier-league#8#season-2013/2014#64#all-matches#1-38#by-match

gawa316

Tony Barret saying we are interested in Valdes...bit of a strange one

laoislad

Quote from: gawa316 on September 01, 2014, 07:28:33 AM
I dunno gawa. Free agent, loads of experience and a better back up than Brad Jones.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: gawa316 on September 01, 2014, 07:28:33 AM

Is he still at Barca?? Slightly off topic but who is starting for Barca in goal this year, the German or Costa Rican lad?

blewuporstuffed

I was impressed with Moreno yesterday, early days, but he looks like he could grow into a top class left back.
Manquillo has been quietly assured as well.
It will take time for that back 4 to settle in, but it think the quality is there.
lovern is a  really really good player,if they can get a  regular defensive partner sorted for him.
Henderson was superb again yesterday and at times was running MF on his own as i thought allen was anonymous for long periods and Gerrard was poor by his standards.
Sterling continues to impress, probably the most exciting young player in the PL.
Mario did ok on his debut, but could nearly have walked away with a hat-trick.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Denn Forever

Quote from: yellowcard on September 01, 2014, 11:00:57 AM
I am baffled at the signing of Falcao. Man Utd now have Rooney, Van Persie, Mata, Di Maria and Falcao and yet are only in 2 competitions so rotation of players will not be relevant. He is a very good player but not what they needed and I really don't understand who is setting the transfer policy. The squad is now totally unbalanced and top heavy with attacking players. Alex Song and Xabi Alonso to name but two were available for pittance and were exactly what they needed together with 2 centre halves and yet were not even mentioned. The fans will get excited by the likes of Di Maria and Falcao because they arre attacking flair players but at least 1 and maybe 2 of the 5 star players that I have mentioned will not be starting every week.

Would Liverpool not  be interested in getting Alonzo?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...