The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Quote from: Minder on May 29, 2014, 08:34:14 PM
Quote from: CD on May 29, 2014, 08:32:00 PM
Quote from: laoislad on May 29, 2014, 08:30:53 PM
Couple of journos (Ben Smith,Tony Barret)on twitter saying its 4 million plus add ons. Would seem a more reasonable price.

I feel a bit underwhelmed by this news to be honest  :-\

I can't imagine he will see much playing time, just cover for Suarez & Sturridge. He might see some action towards the end of the season when the league title is wrapped up, and players are getting rested for the Champions League semi finals & final.
He'd be an upgrade on Aspas in fairness.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Minder

Quote from: laoislad on May 29, 2014, 08:39:43 PM
Quote from: Minder on May 29, 2014, 08:34:14 PM
Quote from: CD on May 29, 2014, 08:32:00 PM
Quote from: laoislad on May 29, 2014, 08:30:53 PM
Couple of journos (Ben Smith,Tony Barret)on twitter saying its 4 million plus add ons. Would seem a more reasonable price.

I feel a bit underwhelmed by this news to be honest  :-\
I can't imagine he will see much playing time, just cover for Suarez & Sturridge. He might see some action towards the end of the season when the league title is wrapped up, and players are getting rested for the Champions League semi finals & final.
He'd be an upgrade on Aspas in fairness.

I would be an upgrade on Aspas.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

CD

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 29, 2014, 08:39:28 PM
Aspas will be sold on for similar money as is being spent on Lambert.  Lambert is a much better squad option and there will be no doubting his commitment and ability (as a back-up). He is not being bought as a first team starter, he will play cup games and will have a better impact over the next few seasons than people believe.

I don't see that - he's a current England international on his way to play at the world cup and he's 32 years old. I doubt if he'll be prepared to spend the last two seasons of his career sitting on the bench when he could be starting for a lesser team every week. He'd also be on a huge weekly wage compared to Aspas and Liverpool would make no future fee for him. I'd be stunned if this happens.
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

Shrewdness

Two Hands FFS

Collie Brolly

It's a good deal this for club and player.Lambert came from the lower leagues and this is his last chance to play for a team with a huge fanbase, that has a good chance of winning one of the cups ,not to mention the opportunity to experience the Champions league.

CD

Quote from: Collie Brolly on May 29, 2014, 09:15:41 PM
It's a good deal this for club and player.Lambert came from the lower leagues and this is his last chance to play for a team with a huge fanbase, that has a good chance of winning one of the cups ,not to mention the opportunity to experience the Champions league.

As a Liverpool fan I have no interest whatsoever in whether or not this is a good deal for Rickie Lambert. That shouldn't even come into the equation. He can watch Liverpool win cups and play in the Champions League  in the stands alongside our great fan base. I fail to see how a 32 year old journeyman pro is a coup for Liverpool. Hugely underwhelmed. Hoping it's a precursor to Lallana as Brokencrossbar suggests
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

Shrewdness

Carmen Stateside

BCB is probably right with it being linked with Lallana. I personally think it's a great signing and with the thought of him replacing Aspas and making a few bob into the bargain can't see how it can go wrong. 13 goals and 10 assists last season ain't to shabby.
I also seen somewhere else that if LFC get him before the World Cup and he performs heroics think of the money that will be made when Spurs buy him for 30 million in August.

EC Unique

Quote from: laoislad on May 29, 2014, 07:58:33 PM
And another England player...
I see Paul Scholes said today if England want to win the World Cup they should play the Liverpool way..

Na, it would get them to the final, then all the England fans would celebrate England winning the World Cup only for the team to fill their togs and fail big time in the final.....

Would be great Craic to watch though.

brokencrossbar1

On Lambert too,  we know he isn't going to  be a main man but I looked at his stats at Southampton and he is 1 goal in 2 for them.  Now some of his time was spent at lower devisions but last year he got 13-14 goals and 10 assists. If he hit similar stats this year he would be a great addition.  As a direct squad for Aspas it is a no brainer.

tiempo

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on May 29, 2014, 10:21:32 PM
BCB is probably right with it being linked with Lallana. I personally think it's a great signing and with the thought of him replacing Aspas and making a few bob into the bargain can't see how it can go wrong. 13 goals and 10 assists last season ain't to shabby.
I also seen somewhere else that if LFC get him before the World Cup and he performs heroics think of the money that will be made when Spurs buy him for 30 million in August.

He won't make the step up in quality and expectation. How many times in his career through the lower leagues and up to the premiership has he been second choice somewhere? Not very often i'd guess. If he's to play consistently he needs to play every week, at 32 he's a journeyman come good, Steve Bull style, it will be embarrassing to see him grace the world cup and champions league to be honest. Yes there will be lesser players on show but for the mighty Eng-er-land and the mighty reds he is the step down they don't need right now.

laoislad

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 29, 2014, 10:52:44 PM
On Lambert too,  we know he isn't going to  be a main man but I looked at his stats at Southampton and he is 1 goal in 2 for them.  Now some of his time was spent at lower devisions but last year he got 13-14 goals and 10 assists. If he hit similar stats this year he would be a great addition.  As a direct squad for Aspas it is a no brainer.
Shane Long would have cost the same, would have done the same job just as well and is 5 years younger.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Apparently so

He would be a decent signing for the right money which I think should be around 3m

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: laoislad on May 29, 2014, 11:01:03 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 29, 2014, 10:52:44 PM
Shane Long would have cost the same, would have done the same job just as well and is 5 years younger.

Sometimes I think Irish people get blinded by loyalty with Shane Long.  He is an honest to goodness footballer but he is no biggoal scorer. He has played over 300 games in his professional career and has scored 80 times.  In the last 4 seasons alone he has only scored 26 times,  he is a 1 goal in 4 man.  I still think Lambert will do a decent job and given the fact he is a scouser you can be guaranteed he will play his heart out.