The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

supersub

It was Coca-Kolo Toure's fault lads end of story!  >:(

J OGorman

Carnlough's finest named league manager of the year last night (voted for by the managers of all teams in the 4 leagues). Fair play to the man.

AZOffaly

Well done to him. He's done a great job so far, he just needs to keep it going. Not much point in Suarez getting POTY, the Golden Boot and Rodgers winning MOTY when Liverpool win nothing.

J OGorman

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 13, 2014, 09:41:39 AM
Well done to him. He's done a great job so far, he just needs to keep it going. Not much point in Suarez getting POTY, the Golden Boot and Rodgers winning MOTY when Liverpool win nothing.

evidence, if it were needed, that the team is going in the right direction. Some achievements in a very uneven playing field

AZOffaly

Absolutely. I'm delighted with him thus far. He's a far better manager than I feared when he replaced KK. But he's not the finished article, just as the team and squad itself are not finished, and he needs to keep his hunger to make sure he keeps improving himself and his team.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 13, 2014, 09:55:28 AM
Absolutely. I'm delighted with him thus far. He's a far better manager than I feared when he replaced KK. But he's not the finished article, just as the team and squad itself are not finished, and he needs to keep his hunger to make sure he keeps improving himself and his team.
I don't think the hunger will be a factor as he admits himself he is still an apprentice. The biggest test in ensuring this year wasn't a fluke is making the correct purchases in the off-season - that is the crux of it for me.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 13, 2014, 01:44:11 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on May 13, 2014, 09:55:28 AM
I don't think the hunger will be a factor as he admits himself he is still an apprentice. The biggest test in ensuring this year wasn't a fluke is making the correct purchases in the off-season - that is the crux of it for me.
Exactly.
WHen liverpool last finished second under Rafa, it looked as if a couple of good signings would be all it would take to push them on for a challenega gain the following season.
Instead they sold Alonso &  replaced him with Aqualani and aprt from glen  johnson, didnt really strengthen anywhere else and ended up finishing 7th.

Rodgers needs to keep the belief & confidence going in the group going into next year and add to the quality of teh squad with a few good buys, not easily done
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Armamike

The clamour for Pulis was growing louder the past few years.  No Liverpool manager since Dalglish first time around have been able to sustain a high level of performance in the league for more than a season or 2. Hopefully Rodgers will buck that trend (pun intended). The high finish this year brings its own pressures and expectations so the challenge is there for Rodgers and the team.  I would be confident they'll rise to it.  As others have said, it's key that he gets the signings right.  Three or 4 duff signings could knock things way back as Spurs showed this year.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Armamike on May 13, 2014, 05:20:09 PM
The clamour for Pulis was growing louder the past few years.  No Liverpool manager since Dalglish first time around have been able to sustain a high level of performance in the league for more than a season or 2. Hopefully Rodgers will buck that trend (pun intended). The high finish this year brings its own pressures and expectations so the challenge is there for Rodgers and the team.  I would be confident they'll rise to it.  As others have said, it's key that he gets the signings right.  Three or 4 duff signings could knock things way back as Spurs showed this year.
I can't see them sinking as low as Spurs.

Armamike

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 13, 2014, 06:47:33 PM
I can't see them sinking as low as Spurs.

True enough.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Geoff Tipps

Spurs showed what happens when you lose your best player more than anything else.

Carmen Stateside

Comparing This years finish to the last second place finish under Rafa is not really fair.  Rafa had the terrible twins to deal with and was forced to get rid of the top players to try generate some money.  This time round Rodgers will improve the team with his signings and still hold on to his best!

Gabriel_Hurl

to be unveiled before the game tomorrow in Dublin

EC Unique

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on May 13, 2014, 09:33:13 PM
Comparing This years finish to the last second place finish under Rafa is not really fair.  Rafa had the terrible twins to deal with and was forced to get rid of the top players to try generate some money.  This time round Rodgers will improve the team with his signings and still hold on to his best!

Those two things remain to be seen.