The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Bingo on August 16, 2013, 09:49:52 AM
Right saying as its all about to kick off, season predictions:

Liverpool - finish 5th, in with a chance of 4th if they start well but really need to add 2/3 first XI players ASAP - Left back, striker, wideman.

Champions: Chelsea, 2nd City, Third United, 4th Arsenal/Spurs/Liverpool, toss of a coin and depends really on who leaves or who is bought.

Relegated - Palace, Hull, Southampton

Liverpool main man: Coutinho (then he'll look to leave next summer)
Most important man: Gerard - badly need a leader type figure
Surprise man: Ibe - the new Sterling without the children.

Talking point of the season - the pressure on Moyes.

Would agree with much of what you said here, think Sours are currently a wee bit ahead of ourselves and Arsenal but if we get a good start to the season it will be interesting to see how they cope around their annual late season collapse, especially if they don't have Bale to fall back on.

The next 2 weeks will be interesting to see who comes in,  a lot of talk about Willian coming in to the PL with LFC already having expressed an interest.  Will Soldado replaces Bale's goals?  Will they be more balanced with their acquisitions?  Who knows, can Arsene pull another rabbit out of the hat or has his magic gone up in a puff of smoke?

laoislad

City
Chelsea
Liverpool
Spurs
United
Arsenal.

Relegated
Stoke
Hull
Palace

You heard it here first.  :D
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

thebigfella

Quote from: laoislad on August 16, 2013, 10:13:23 AM

City
Chelsea
Liverpool
Spurs
United
Arsenal.

Relegated
Stoke
Hull
Palace

Wise the fcuk up. This is very likely though if Spurs can hold onto Bale and Chelsea will walk it. I think this is one of the strongest Chelsea squads ever.

Chelsea
City
Spurs
United
Arsenal
Liverpool

Bensars

City
Chelsea
Liverpool
Spurs
United
Arsenal.

Relegated
Stoke
Hull
Palace

Laoislad ,You should have nipped  to the bookies and put that bet on !

EC Unique

Quote from: Bensars on August 16, 2013, 10:39:59 AM

City
Chelsea
Liverpool
Spurs
United
Arsenal.

Relegated
Stoke
Hull
Palace

You should have nipped  to the bookies and put that bet on, Laoislad !

I actually burst out laughing at that picture.

The fact that somebody thinks that Liverpool can finish ahead of Spurs Utd and arsenal is nearly as funny.

Bingo

Quote from: thebigfella on August 16, 2013, 10:38:08 AM

City
Chelsea
Liverpool
Spurs
United
Arsenal.

Relegated
Stoke
Hull
Palace

Wise the fcuk up. This is very likely though if Spurs can hold onto Bale and Chelsea will walk it. I think this is one of the strongest Chelsea squads ever. Chelsea
City
Spurs
United
Arsenal
Liverpool

Not so sure about that, Jose is still looking for his big signing ie Rooney or Eto'o. Its a very strong squad but I think City will be close, they've added very strongly to the squad, I think Chelsea will nip that mainly due to the Jose factor while City will have a new manager in place and one of his briefs may be to put a big push in for the CL.

blewuporstuffed

Liverpool have agreed a deal to sign Valencia left-back Aly Cissokho on a season long-loan
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Bingo

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on August 16, 2013, 11:15:48 AM
Liverpool have agreed a deal to sign Valencia left-back Aly Cissokho on a season long-loan

Good, new left back is badly needed. Strange its a loan deal, the feeling must be that Robinson will be ready in a year or so from his time at Blackpool. Or they have question marks over this guy.

blewuporstuffed

i think its a loan with open to buy, which makes sense if they think a that robinson might be ready to step up shortly.

I remember him at Lyon & porto in the CL and he look a really good player, although i think he has went off the boil a bit since his move to valencia.
I suppose the loan side of things eliminates the risk, they can take a chance that he might rediscover that previous form
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

brokencrossbar1

Loan to buy is the deal, they had been looking at Sigueira but the fee was too high from what I read.  If this deal works out right he is a better footballer than Enrique and it will give him a year to settle in, a year for Robbo to improve and also time to move Enrique out.  Also leaves the cash to do the real big deal of taking hopefully a Willian-type player in.

Bingo

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on August 16, 2013, 11:33:53 AM
Loan to buy is the deal, they had been looking at Sigueira but the fee was too high from what I read.  If this deal works out right he is a better footballer than Enrique and it will give him a year to settle in, a year for Robbo to improve and also time to move Enrique out.  Also leaves the cash to do the real big deal of taking hopefully a Willian-type player in.

This could well be the sudden change in tact from the other guy.

laoislad

Season only starting tomorrow and I already have the children upset. . :)

thebigfella

Quote from: Bingo on August 16, 2013, 10:56:54 AM
Quote from: thebigfella on August 16, 2013, 10:38:08 AM

City
Chelsea
Liverpool
Spurs
United
Arsenal.

Relegated
Stoke
Hull
Palace

Wise the fcuk up. This is very likely though if Spurs can hold onto Bale and Chelsea will walk it. I think this is one of the strongest Chelsea squads ever. Chelsea
City
Spurs
United
Arsenal
Liverpool

Not so sure about that, Jose is still looking for his big signing ie Rooney or Eto'o. Its a very strong squad but I think City will be close, they've added very strongly to the squad, I think Chelsea will nip that mainly due to the Jose factor while City will have a new manager in place and one of his briefs may be to put a big push in for the CL.

Doesn't need a big signing IMO. Look at the amount of talent and internationals available in midfield alone. If you were to look for potential PFA/FWA player of the year; Chelsea have potentially 5 or 6 players you could put money on. Except for maybe City, the rest would be very predictable; VP, Suarez, Bale.....

laoislad

Quote from: Bensars on August 16, 2013, 10:39:59 AM

City
Chelsea
Liverpool
Spurs
United
Arsenal.

Relegated
Stoke
Hull
Palace

Laoislad ,You should have nipped  to the bookies and put that bet on !

feck that I would never wear brown shoes when I'm wearing the full strip around town.

Walter Cronc

Would Willian plus 20 million with Suarez going to Arsenal be good business??