The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

Quote from: rossie mad on April 30, 2013, 11:00:03 AM
not a LFC fan but i think the lad has improved in the last six months.
only young yet and has a good mentor i believe in rodgers.

IMHO I think he is decent and may improve over the next couple of years, but does he improve to the standard to get Liverpool back into the top 4 to get champions league and when there to make an impact?

AZOffaly

On his own? Unlikely. Will he improve to be a player on a team that does that? Perhaps. Can he be as good as Fletcher, Carrick or Young for example? Yes, I think he can get there.

supersub

Just remember how bad Lucas and Bale were when they started out ;)

brokencrossbar1

Micheal Carrick, £18m and look how he turned out for the Mancs.

Gabriel_Hurl

I hope the material is better than the current one

Gabriel_Hurl

GalwayBayBoy

If that is the official away it will be about as popular as a wet fart in a pair of white pants.

supersub

Why are they changing the home kit? Usually every two seasons no?

AZOffaly

I read that as part of the Warrior deal they are allowed change it every season for 6 seasons!!! Brutal for parent. Disgusting decision by LFC board.

Hound

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 30, 2013, 04:19:41 PM
I read that as part of the Warrior deal they are allowed change it every season for 6 seasons!!! Brutal for parent. Disgusting decision by LFC board.
In fairness, nobody forces them to buy the jerseys. If a child wants a new jersey each year for their birthday or Christmas rather than an X-Box game or whatever else, then so be it, nothing wrong with it.

I think the whole thing about peer pressure and children being bullied for having last year's jersey is mostly hugely exaggerated. Parent's being too soft or too stupid is another thing.

If it is true about the 6 year constant change, I think it would result in less adult jerseys being sold.

rossie mad

Quote from: NAG1 on April 30, 2013, 11:07:56 AM
Quote from: rossie mad on April 30, 2013, 11:00:03 AM
not a LFC fan but i think the lad has improved in the last six months.
only young yet and has a good mentor i believe in rodgers.

IMHO I think he is decent and may improve over the next couple of years, but does he improve to the standard to get Liverpool back into the top 4 to get champions league and when there to make an impact?
All depends on several factors really like his own confidence the confidence and quality of the team he is playing with and the coaching structures he is being tutored under.
The current setup in Liverpool has the potential to nurture him under the above and thus improve him.
The ability is undoubtably there so the other factors are what is needed to bring him on.

thewobbler

LFC could save a lot of time and effort if they had a black armband sewn into their kit design.

onefaircounty

Quote from: thewobbler on May 02, 2013, 09:08:15 AM
LFC could save a lot of time and effort if they had a black armband sewn into their kit design.

Sounds like you're being a p***k here.