The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Over the Bar on April 23, 2013, 10:11:50 PM
I'll be very disappointed with anything less than hanging by the neck until he is dead.

thats a bit harsh, all he did was block him off, he didnt deserve to get near ate ! Poor Ivan.
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

J70

Quote from: Over the Bar on April 23, 2013, 10:11:50 PM
I'll be very disappointed with anything less than hanging by the neck until he is dead.

Good for you.

J70

Quote from: EC Unique on April 23, 2013, 09:05:49 PM
Anyone fancy a game of guess the ban? I'm going for 8 games.

We were speculating about this a few pages back.

I reckon, based on his first offense with Ajax, that it will be ten - rest of this season and first six of next.

EC Unique

I see on sky sports he is goading the FA by saying he will not accept anymore than a 3 match ban. He really must be a bit thick! He should get a zip on his mouth for a couple of reasons!

magpie seanie

Quote from: J70 on April 23, 2013, 10:24:16 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on April 23, 2013, 09:05:49 PM
Anyone fancy a game of guess the ban? I'm going for 8 games.

We were speculating about this a few pages back.

I reckon, based on his first offense with Ajax, that it will be ten - rest of this season and first six of next.

He thinks 3 games is enough himself.  ::)

Jonah

Defoe didn't get any ban so Suarez is right to say he doesn't deserve any more than a 3 game ban.
If the FA were consistent in the bans they hand out I would say he deserves at least 6 as Defoe should have got.

EC Unique

Quote from: Jonah on April 23, 2013, 10:49:50 PM
Defoe didn't get any ban so Suarez is right to say he doesn't deserve any more than a 3 game ban.
If the FA were consistent in the bans they hand out I would say he deserves at least 6 as Defoe should have got.

The only reason Defoe got no ban is because he was booked at the time so the FAs hands were tied by their own stupid rule. So the fact that Defoe got no ban has no relevance here at all..

J70

Quote from: EC Unique on April 23, 2013, 10:39:11 PM
I see on sky sports he is goading the FA by saying he will not accept anymore than a 3 match ban. He really must be a bit thick! He should get a zip on his mouth for a couple of reasons!

Especially given that he previously got a lengthy ban for the same thing.

Lecale2

My guess is 5 matches with another 2 suspended. He may have to wear a muzzle for a while as well.

NAG1

Quote from: BarryBreensBandage on April 23, 2013, 09:44:14 PM
Is it just me that finds the whole Suarez incident slightly humorous?

And, if Gerrard meant this, the food references, it's comedy genius, especially if you hear the audio. Maybe Stevie is a budding Stan Boardman!

From Teamtalk

Steven Gerrard will not comment on the Luis Suarez biting incident until he has seen the footage, but has described his Liverpool team-mate as the 'best player in the league'.

Television pictures appear to show Suarez biting into Chelsea defender Branislav Ivanovic's arm midway through the second half of the 2-2 draw at Anfield.

Suarez's header deep into stoppage-time earned Liverpool a point, but he is now facing a Football Association investigation regarding the biting incident.

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers refused to comment on the matter until he had reviewed the footage and captain Gerrard echoed that statement.

"I'm not aware of the incident," Gerrard told Sky Sports. "If there is clear footage then I'll make a judgement and comment when I've seen it, and I haven't seen it.

"I'd rather talk about his performance in the second half and his performances from day one this season. He's been by far the best player in the league.

"He's just behind Ronaldo and Messi as the best players in the world. I'll talk all day about Suarez as a genius and a player.

"When you're playing against Chelsea in big Premier League games, it's going to get spicy. Other people want to talk about unsavoury incidents, but you're going to get nothing out of me."
Chelsea playmaker Juan Mata has also not seen the incident and said Ivanovic did not comment on the issue after the game.

Mata said: "I didn't see it. Of course, Suarez is one of the best players in the Premier League and he scored at the end, but I'm not really sure if it was out of time or not."

And when asked if Ivanovic had mentioned the incident, Mata said: "Not to me, no."

Wonder should they print some T Shirts in support of Suarez show solidarity with him when he was completely in the wrong, shaming both themselves and the club in the process, oh wait they have already done that!

Defend the indefensible!

WaterBoy

Quote from: EC Unique on April 23, 2013, 11:38:00 PM
Quote from: Jonah on April 23, 2013, 10:49:50 PM

The only reason Defoe got no ban is because he was booked at the time so the FAs hands were tied by their own stupid rule. So the fact that Defoe got no ban has no relevance here at all..

The FA are able to look at the incident again if it is deemed as 'exceptional' as they did with Ben Thatcher after he elbowed Mendes and only received a booking at the time.  Obviously they don't deem biting as exceptional or they would have done the same with Defoe.  If a booking was the punishment for Defoe why is a 3 game ban not enough for Suarez? After all nobody was hurt
Mama says that foos-ball is the devil

Jonah

I think a lot of the ban he gets will be a result of who he is rather than what he done.

deiseach

I'd be very surprised if he got less than seven matches based on the Dutch precedent, and to be honest I hope he does get such a ban in order to lance this particular boil. But are people seriously suggesting Suarez should try and maximise his own ban? That's a rhetorical question, we know the motivation of those questioning Suarez's comments.

EC Unique

Quote from: Jonah on April 24, 2013, 09:21:31 AM
I think a lot of the ban he gets will be a result of who he is rather than what he done.

In other words they will take into account his previous behaviour and the fact that he seems not to have learned anything from his previous punnishments?

Jonah

Quote from: deiseach on April 24, 2013, 09:28:24 AM
I'd be very surprised if he got less than seven matches based on the Dutch precedent, and to be honest I hope he does get such a ban in order to lance this particular boil. But are people seriously suggesting Suarez should try and maximise his own ban? That's a rhetorical question, we know the motivation of those questioning Suarez's comments.

I agree. I can't understand the faux outrage that Suarez had the audacity to say he only warrant a 3 game ban.
Yes Judge I did steal that loaf of bread, can I have the death penalty please.