The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: laoislad on August 18, 2012, 04:52:05 PM
Quote from: Hoof Hearted on August 18, 2012, 04:49:26 PM
could never understand managers leaving a great team for lesser one !!
Yeah I can't understand why O'Driscoll didn't stay at Crawley either!

;D ;D

1-0 against the mighty city today !!
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

GalwayBayBoy

Gerrard has been terrible. Seems to save his best games for England these days when he should be packing in international football. That said Downing was worse. Put in three horrendous crosses in a row at one stage.

A continuation of last season today. Should have scored one or two in the first half. Missed chances then go behind to a wonder strike. Then Agger gets sent off but even with 10 men we were far too open. And worringly it seemed like the heads dropped as soon as Agger went off.

Thought Allen played well but Borini struggled to get involved. Badly need at least two more attacking players in including someone anyone that can put the ball in the net consistently.

Our next four games:
Man City at home
Arsenal at home
Sunderland away
United at home

AZOffaly

What a brilliant start! I can't wait for the next 8 or 9 months!

Jesus H, I can stomach a terrible performance, and even losing 3-0, but what I can't abide is a lack of effort. Liverpool folded like a cheap suit when Agger got the line, and that's unacceptable. I though Stevie Gerrard was an absolute disgrace. The team is unbalanced to cater for him in the first place, and if he is going to stroll around the place and stand up when he gives the ball away stupidly, then he can sit his arse on the bench.

Same old same old. Rodgers needs at least 2 or 3 seasons to get this team playing the football he wants and challenging for anything worthwhile, but if his teams are as gutless as that he won't get past Christmas.

J70

Not worried too much about the final scoreline. The couple of minutes with the two penalties and Agger's sending off decided the game. The lack of creativity and finishing is the obvious worry. So close and yet so far for Suarez, as usual, with his two chances (the header and the poke when the keeper dropped the ball). With a run of very hard games coming up, Rodgers has his work cut out. Four or five points on the board after those four games would be decent, but who'll back them for that, particularly with Agger out and Carragher in, never mind the likes of Downing swanning about? Still, only one game in for Rodgers. Hopefully he'll have learned a bit from today.

J70

Quote from: tommysmith on August 18, 2012, 05:03:55 PM
Quote from: J70 on August 18, 2012, 05:02:06 PM
Quote from: tommysmith on August 18, 2012, 04:53:15 PM
Lolerpool  8)

How old are you?

Old enough mate , u?

Just old enough not to be so out of touch that I wouldn't be able to categorize your post as the work of a ten year old.

laoislad

Fair play to WBA well worth their 3 points today.
Liverpool were dreadful and it is a wake up call but I wouldn't be getting carried away with doom and gloom, it's only the first game ffs you can't go writing off the next 9 months on one game.
If anything today might result in a few more signings coming into the club and the likes of Downing and Cole being shown the door.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

GalwayBayBoy

I will say it's absolutely amazing how West Brom didn't even pick up one yellow card today. Jonas Olsson could easily have been booked three times for various offences.

laoislad

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on August 18, 2012, 05:13:28 PM
I will say it's absolutely amazing how West Brom didn't even pick up one yellow card today. Jonas Olsson could easily have been booked three times for various offences.

I don't think the second peno was a peno either.

EC Unique

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on August 18, 2012, 04:59:26 PM
Gerrard has been terrible. Seems to save his best games for England these days when he should be packing in international football. That said Downing was worse. Put in three horrendous crosses in a row at one stage.

A continuation of last season today. Should have scored one or two in the first half. Missed chances then go behind to a wonder strike. Then Agger gets sent off but even with 10 men we were far too open. And worringly it seemed like the heads dropped as soon as Agger went off.

Thought Allen played well but Borini struggled to get involved. Badly need at least two more attacking players in including someone anyone that can put the ball in the net consistently.

Our next four games:
Man City at home
Arsenal at home
Sunderland away
United at home

f**k!  How many points would you realistically expect there?

AZOffaly

I'd be happy with 4 points out of that. Won't be surprised if we end up with 1 or 2 though.

From the Bunker

Quote from: J70 on August 18, 2012, 05:08:54 PM
Not worried too much about the final scoreline. The couple of minutes with the two penalties and Agger's sending off decided the game. The lack of creativity and finishing is the obvious worry. So close and yet so far for Suarez, as usual, with his two chances (the header and the poke when the keeper dropped the ball). With a run of very hard games coming up, Rodgers has his work cut out. Four or five points on the board after those four games would be decent, but who'll back them for that, particularly with Agger out and Carragher in, never mind the likes of Downing swanning about? Still, only one game in for Rodgers. Hopefully he'll have learned a bit from today.

Jamie Carragher is 35 this season. Jez i know he is a Scouse, but there has to come a time. He's not been up to it now for 2/3 seasons. Actually you can run with the same line about Stevie G.

AZOffaly

Must admit it was depressing seeing Carra come on there. Was Coates on the bench? Even more depressing to see Carra flapping like a landed salmon as Lukaka brushed him aside.

Skrtel was poor as well today I thought.

laoislad

Wouldn't be too concerned about the games coming up.
Playing well against these teams is never a problem,the problems always seem to com against the likes of WBA as witnessed today.
Wouldn't be surprised if we got 5 points from 9 against Arsenal,City and United.