The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Pat

Thats what I meant. Spurs and Arsenal the two we need to worry about dropped costly points as well yesterday. Attitude could be a problem.

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on August 19, 2012, 10:24:51 AM
Quote from: From the Bunker on August 19, 2012, 09:12:34 AM
Quote from: Capt Pat on August 18, 2012, 11:11:46 PM
Too early to panic. If Suarez had turned in a couple of those chances and he should have we might well have won. We won't concede two penos or an opening goal like that in every game. Arsenal and Spurs also dropped points they wouldn't have liked to.

Some small improvements and the rub of the green will make a big difference. Those other top 4 contenders will drop points at the hawthornes as well

Two of those four Man Utd & Man City, won't drop feck all points. And anyway CL Qualification is not what they are worried about.
I'd imagine he was talking about the teams in contention for 4th place as opposed to City and United

Dinny Breen

I wouldn't be overly worried with a new coach and a new system/philosophy in place short term pain has to be expected and surprising and bad results won't be uncommon. It will probably be late October before Liverpool will have consistent performances and will start to pick up points. Look at the bad start Arsenal had last year, 3rd and 4th is wide open and any of maybe 5 clubs will be in for a shout including Liverpool.

Liverpool are shit though...
#newbridgeornowhere

here comes 6

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on August 18, 2012, 09:55:49 PM
Quote from: here comes 6 on August 18, 2012, 07:13:45 PM
F***ing disgrace.   Now the players that were on show today should pay the fans that went to watch them today.  Time for the players to get real

Bit of an overreaction? FFS it's the first League game of the year

Overreaction??? where have you been this last 20 years. Now go away unless you know what your talking about

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: here comes 6 on August 19, 2012, 01:32:07 PM
F***ing disgrace.   Now the players that were on show today should pay the fans that went to watch them today.  Time for the players to get real

Overreaction??? where have you been this last 20 years. Now go away unless you know what your talking about

Does that mean I can stay then?

stew

Liverpool will be alright but I have some opinions on a few things concerning them.

1. Suarez needs a target man to feed, he is a brilliant footballer with a finishing problem, he is a tremendous provider and if they can Land a top 

Carragher  take his coaching badges and go coach the youth side as he is tarnishing his legacy at this stage with performances light years from his best. He is a Liverpool legend and I always liked him and his dedication to is craft, a consummate pro.

3. It is unhelpful when fans are saying the manager will be out by xmas if things dont improve, they have played one meaningful game, dominated large partof it, missed sitters and they will improve.

4. A result against City and they will be off to the races, if they can get at least a draw there that will give them the belief to push on, no matter the result though they need to show more bottle if things go south, that was shocking to watch.

5. Gerrard needsto be told he needs to showup and set an example every time out, if he does not do that his arse needs to be sat on the bench, maybe this is the year they finally stop building a mold to suit him and actually put him in a position and tell him to go dominate that position, probably attacking mf.

5. Rodgers will be fine if given time, support him and know that batter days are ahead, they will finish in the top eight somewhere, but they need to get right betwen the ears and get on the same page.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 19, 2012, 01:21:52 PM
I wouldn't be overly worried with a new coach and a new system/philosophy in place short term pain has to be expected and surprising and bad results won't be uncommon. It will probably be late October before Liverpool will have consistent performances and will start to pick up points. Look at the bad start Arsenal had last year, 3rd and 4th is wide open and any of maybe 5 clubs will be in for a shout including Liverpool.

Liverpool are shit though...

+1

And i have a feeling there won't be any high expectations this season. Which can be seen as both good and bad!

tommysmith

Quote from: J70 on August 18, 2012, 05:10:30 PM
Quote from: tommysmith on August 18, 2012, 05:03:55 PM
Quote from: J70 on August 18, 2012, 05:02:06 PM
Quote from: tommysmith on August 18, 2012, 04:53:15 PM
Lolerpool  8)

How old are you?

Old enough mate , u?

Just old enough not to be so out of touch that I wouldn't be able to categorize your post as the work of a ten year old.

lol

Over the Bar

So who among the long-suffering Liverpool fans on the board will be first to call for Rodgers to be sacked?

laoislad

Quote from: here comes 6 on August 19, 2012, 01:32:07 PM

Fcuk off with yourself, he knows a lot more than you do.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Over the Bar

Chill out lads.  You know  how things usually turn out when Liverpool.fans start fighting among themselves..

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: Over the Bar on August 19, 2012, 03:35:21 PM
Chill out lads.  You know  how things usually turn out when Liverpool.fans start fighting among themselves..

I wouldn't even be sure "Here comes 6" is a Liverpool fan.  Maybe he lost money on them yesterday or something.  I just hope he didn't go home and take it out on the wife.

bannside

Rodgers is mad going anywhere near that crop of overrated Pool shite. No matter who is in charge of you lot couldnt get you to finish in the top 6 this year. On yesterdays performance Swansea would have beaten youse by three as well.

Hey, I`d be confident that they will finish above you too this year.

Thats the uphill job he has, so remember that when all youse keyboard experts start calling for his head - most likely pre Christmas.

nifan

Quote from: bannside on August 19, 2012, 06:19:54 PM
No matter who is in charge of you lot couldnt get you to finish in the top 6 this year. On yesterdays performance Swansea would have beaten youse by three as well.

Thats just nonsense. Liverpool are hardly out of the race for top 6 yet.
Bad day at the office, but first prem game for a new manager - talk about overreacting, or do you think Swansea are likely to win the league after scoring 5 yesterday?
Man city just about managed to beat the southampton team most have tipped for propping up the leage sure.

From the Bunker

As i alreaday said Spuds got 4th last season with 20-9-9 so it's a long season yet. 3 out 6 of Liverpools midfield/Strikers had not played together last year. Rodgers has inherited players from 3 other Managers - Benitez, Hodgson and Kenny over a short time. It will take time to tweek his desired formation and starting team. He has been lumbered with some poor buys and has either to set up a system to suit them, or horse them off for cheap or loan them out. There has been some expensive driftwood brought into Anfield, Carroll, Aqualini, Cole, Downing to name a few.

J70

Quote from: bannside on August 19, 2012, 06:19:54 PM
Rodgers is mad going anywhere near that crop of overrated Pool shite. No matter who is in charge of you lot couldnt get you to finish in the top 6 this year. On yesterdays performance Swansea would have beaten youse by three as well.

Hey, I`d be confident that they will finish above you too this year.

Thats the uphill job he has, so remember that when all youse keyboard experts start calling for his head - most likely pre Christmas.

Yet some of the United geniuses on the board were mocking those who urged patience for Dalglish and Benitez when things weren't going well. Most of the Liverpool fans on here are fairly sensible, realistic and grounded. You boys seem to assume that the popular stereotype of the Liverpool fan applies to each and every one. Makes it easier to spout pointless shite I suppose.