The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

supersub

Adam was terrible when he came on. Liverpool totally controlling the game too and he still looked bad.

Forever Green

Not the best opposition but Liverpool impressed me tonight. Very nice to watch as expected under Rodgers. I thought the movement and passing between Gerrard, Suarez and Borini was class. Agger is a must keep though if they want to progress this year. The two boys they are close to signing, Ramirez and Allen will complete that team imo.

--------------------Reina------------------
Johnson------Skrtel---Agger-----Enrique
-------------------Lucas------------------
------------Allen--------Gerrard---------
Suarez----------Borini----------Ramirez

That team would be brilliant to watch

deiseach

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on August 09, 2012, 10:00:12 PM
We're gonna win the league
We're gonna win the league
They say we are deluded
They say we are deluded
They say we are deluded
But
We're gonna win the league!
:P

They're right. But f**k it

blewuporstuffed

you can see the highlights here

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/164421.html

Fantasic goal from johnson

Poor oposition, but still a promising and confidence building win.
Played some great stuff at times
All the big players seemed to be sharp, great for Borini to get off the mark & Lucas looked like he had never been away.

A good start to the season is important for the confidence, with the tough run of fixtures that are coming up
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Bingo

Was a convincing win against very average opposition but was important to get a starting XI on the field together. They looked sharp and it was clear the shape that Rodgers wants to play is same as at swansea, as expected.

It looked to really suit Suarez and Gerard, both were popping up everywhere. Borini kept the defence busy as well and seems a very clever player - knew when to step up for Suarez, played round the box as much as he could and took his goal very well.

Allen all but signed and Bellamy all but gone.

I still think that keeping Agger and Skrtel is very important. It will be the difference in challenging for a CL spot and not, no time for rebuilding at the back and possibly struggling to find a CB pairing as good that suits the style that Rodgers wants to play.

Geoff Tipps

Allen will come in to replace Shelvey from last night's team and I reckon that will be Rodger's preferred starting 11, assuming Agger stays.
Great to have Lucas back. What a difference he makes! Suarez was class as usual. Hopefully he will be able to get on the scoresheet a bit more than last year. Borini looked useful too. Good to see Gerrard back in a more advanced position which is his best.
All in all it was a v impressive performance admittedly against poor opposition. Looking forward to the start of the season now.

laoislad

Poor opposition maybe but then how many times did we fail to finish off poor opposition last season.
Allen obviously to replace Shelvey but wouldn't be surprised to see one or two more signings who could be first choice XI.
Still not convinced about Downing so maybe someone to take his spot.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: laoislad on August 10, 2012, 10:40:21 AM
Poor opposition maybe but then how many times did we fail to finish off poor opposition last season.
Allen obviously to replace Shelvey but wouldn't be surprised to see one or two more signings who could be first choice XI.
Maybe gaston ramierez, he still seems to be on the radar.
I'm hoping they get one more player in and maybe spearing and adam out.
I think that would leave the squad a good bit stronger than last season
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

deiseach

Hearts in the Europa League. Great draw, should be more excitement than usual attached to it

laoislad

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on August 10, 2012, 10:42:13 AM
Quote from: laoislad on August 10, 2012, 10:40:21 AM
Maybe gaston ramierez, he still seems to be on the radar.
I'm hoping they get one more player in and maybe spearing and adam out.
I think that would leave the squad a good bit stronger than last season

I mentioned Adam Johnson a few days ago and got shot down :D
I do still think he is a far better player than Downing.
Don't know much about Ramierez but he didn't seem to have a great Olympics though neither did Suarez.
I see we got Hearts in the Europa League.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Bingo

Bellamy officially gone to Cardiff. Fair play to him, did well in his second stint and wants to give Cardiff the last he has. Best of luck to him.

GalwayBayBoy

QuoteLiverpool have confirmed the signing of Swansea midfielder Joe Allen.

The midfielder was at Anfield last night to watch the Reds' 3-0 Europa League third qualifying round second leg win over FC Gomel.

And, after Reds manager Brendan Rodgers revealed the move was "imminent", the 22-year-old has now passed a medical to seal his switch to the Merseyside giants.

Allen told his new club's official website, www.liverpoolfc.com: "I feel incredible.

"Everyone knows the history of this club, it's a massive club, and I'm delighted to have joined.

"The passion that people here have for football is something I share and I want to be part of that.

"I'm looking forward to being part of some great years ahead for Liverpool."

Rodgers said: "I'm absolutely delighted Joe has made the decision to come with us on this journey.

"He is a player whose profile will fit perfectly with the ideas of this group.

"His ability to control and dominate the ball is an important ingredient in our attempt to gain success on the field.

"Joe has had a fantastic education at Swansea and will now begin the next chapter in his exciting career, and I wish him all the very best in what I'm sure will be a long and distinguished career here at Liverpool."

Orangemac

Joe Allen - an expensive Charlie Adam or a cheap Luka Modric?

Gabriel_Hurl

Capt Pat

Surely Rodgers knows all about the player having managed him at Swansea, good signing.