The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

Quote from: borderfox on February 12, 2012, 06:15:58 PM
Any sign of United reciprocating and apologising for Evra inciting the crowd and creating an even more volatile atmosphere, Rio Ferdinand for not shaking Suarez's hand and Ferguson for sticking his big red nose into how Liverpool run their own Football club??
:D  :D  :D stop, please.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

borderfox

Once again, Liverpool's Kenny Daglsih has allowed his racist player to incite and already volatile situation. Suarez should be banned again for showing the children watching how not to behave, these guys are role models and they have a responsibility to behave. Good on Evra for attempting to saheke the hand of a convicetd rapist!! Liverpool once again, you make this country proud!!
- David Rogers, Norfolk, 11/2/2012 14:33

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2099734/Luis-Suarez-KKK-mask-Manchester-United-fanzine-seized-police.html#ixzz1mC4Dy3zo

Just read this. It puts a slightly different slant on things :o
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Agent Orange

United are second, Liverpool seventh and falling. United seem to be moving on alright.

under the bar

QuoteLiverpool apologise across the board and utd ones still looking something else. Disgusting. F@*k away off.

Under the bar is a cretin. Ignore him.

As someone who jumped to Suarez's defence in not shaking hands I expect you are feeling slightly embarrassed now that he's been forced to apologise Tony.   

I expect you've changed your view as well then?

johnneycool

Suarez is a very lucky boy indeed.

If he'd have booted the ball towards the Derrytresk subs like that, he'd have got some hammering.

deiseach

I'm sure the feeling will pass - it did the last time I felt this way, when Bellamy went at Riise with a golf club - but every element of the shenanigans makes me wonder why I bother. I was in Walsh Park yesterday watching fellas hack around in the muck without getting a cent for their troubles. Compare and contrast with the juvenile behavior of Suarez on Saturday. I'll get over it, but I wonder how many more slaps in the face I can take

naka

was disappointed with suarez and the naivety of dalglish, he should have sent clark out to talk to the media.
personally feel both suarez and dalglish wont be around come next season.
Dalglish has wasted too much money with little return.
fergie though has a cheek whenever he presides over guys like cantona, keane( after the hangerland matter)  and defends thet antics of giggs who in his eyes is a model professional

Hound

Quote from: deiseach on February 13, 2012, 09:37:45 AM
I'm sure the feeling will pass - it did the last time I felt this way, when Bellamy went at Riise with a golf club - but every element of the shenanigans makes me wonder why I bother. I was in Walsh Park yesterday watching fellas hack around in the muck without getting a cent for their troubles. Compare and contrast with the juvenile behavior of Suarez on Saturday. I'll get over it, but I wonder how many more slaps in the face I can take
I stopped watching after 30 minutes to go to watch my club play a cup game (which in Dublin means feck all!). Though I did watch the remainder eventually on sky+.

I agree with Gary Neville that people shouldnt be forced to shake hands with people they don't like, and nobody cared that Bridge didnt shake with Terry or Ferdinand with Suarez (and I'm sure it happens plenty of times over the course of a season and just isnt noticed). But in this case it was just pure stupid on behalf of Suarez, given the circumstances.

Now I can understand why he feels hard done by. Evra had said plenty of crap to him, sister a whore and such nonsense, and he said plenty of crap to Evra. Was Evra really deeply offended by the negrito comment and he felt in the cold light of day that he needed to make a stand for people of his race, or did he just see a great opportunity to get Suarez suspended so he made the complaint? Only Evra knows, but Suarez certainly thought it was the latter. And to portray Evra has an innocent in all this is just nonsense, the man clearly is down there with Suarez in the abuse and goading league.

But as I said above, it was pure stupid for Suarez not to shake hands and embarrased the club, and fair play to MUFC their statement yesterday which hopefully kills the issue.

If the intention was to rile Evra, it so nearly worked. When he cleaned Ferdinand out of it early on, it set up a fantastic chance for Liverpool with Kuyt and Suarez clear with only Evans back, but Gerrard made a complete ballicks of it by hitting, what should have been an easy pass, straight to Evans. In a game of few chances that a criminal opportunity to throw away.

Doogie Browser

Has anyone commented about the awful punditry by Redknob on Saturday?  Was adamant Ferdinand cleaned out Suarez and should have walked despite numerous replays showing what a great tackle it was.  Gives no balance to the panel as he was obviously there for the Liverpool angle, Souness would have been much better.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Doogie Browser on February 13, 2012, 10:07:48 AM
Has anyone commented about the awful punditry by Redknob on Saturday?  Was adamant Ferdinand cleaned out Suarez and should have walked despite numerous replays showing what a great tackle it was.  Gives no balance to the panel as he was obviously there for the Liverpool angle, Souness would have been much better.

He's a spanner, end of story. In fairness, having Neville (who still says 'We' for United, naturally enough) and Fletcher on the panel meant he probably felt he had to do that. I actually like Neville as a pundit.

gawa316

Was Redkanpp not saying Ferdinand got the balll 1st, then Suarez got a touch and subsequently Ferd's follow through took Suarez out?

Far too hard to call and no way the ref could have seen this as you could barely see it with multiple replays and the the actual area being maghified.

Minder

Not that it matters now but one of the Times journos on Twitter was adamant Ferdinand got the ball with his right foot and took Suarez down with his other leg, making it a foul and probable red card. I haven't seen it again so don't know.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Minder on February 13, 2012, 10:15:04 AM

Not that it matters now but one of the Times journos on Twitter was adamant Ferdinand got the ball with his right foot and took Suarez down with his other leg, making it a foul and probable red card. I haven't seen it again so don't know.

Nah. Definately not. He might've caught Suarez eventually, but he got plenty of the ball and it was only the follow through that took Suarez down. 100% good tackle.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Doogie Browser

Quote from: gawa316 on February 13, 2012, 10:13:55 AM
Was Redkanpp not saying Ferdinand got the balll 1st, then Suarez got a touch and subsequently Ferd's follow through took Suarez out?

Far too hard to call and no way the ref could have seen this as you could barely see it with multiple replays and the the actual area being maghified.
Looking at it in real time it was obviously a good tackle but that is my opinion only I suppose.

Quote from: Minder on February 13, 2012, 10:15:04 AM

Tackling is almost outlawed nowadays anyway!