The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: pintsofguinness on February 12, 2012, 03:37:10 PM
Quote from: under the bar on February 12, 2012, 03:30:18 PM
So he has apologised to Dalglish and LFC but cannot overcome his prejudice and apologise to Evra.
Beat me too it.

About time the owners got involved and told them to wise up though.

Mmm, do you not think that's what happened with all the statements today?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Minder on February 12, 2012, 03:42:23 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on February 12, 2012, 03:37:10 PM
Quote from: under the bar on February 12, 2012, 03:30:18 PM
So he has apologised to Dalglish and LFC but cannot overcome his prejudice and apologise to Evra.
Beat me too it.

About time the owners got involved and told them to wise up though.

Mmm, do you not think that's what happened with all the statements today?
Yes, that's what I was saying. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

norabeag

Quote from: Minder on February 12, 2012, 03:28:33 PM
Liverpool Manager Kenny Dalglish today insisted Luis Suarez is right to apologise for failing to shake Patrice Evra's hand at Old Trafford.

"Ian Ayre has made the Club's position absolutely clear and it is right that Luis Suarez has now apologised for what happened at Old Trafford," said Dalglish.

"To be honest, I was shocked to hear that the player had not shaken hands having been told earlier in the week that he would do.

"But as Ian said earlier, all of us have a responsibility to represent this Club in a fit and proper manner and that applies equally to me as Liverpool Manager. 

"When I went on TV after yesterday's game I hadn't seen what had happened, but I did not conduct myself in a way befitting of a Liverpool Manager during that interview and I'd like to apologise for that."

No word of Dalglish apologising for his behaviour since the outset of this carry on. He could could have done a lot from then to avert al the nonsense that followed  instead ofbehaving like an absolute tosser from then.

EC Unique

The yanks have read the riot act. They should have done it weeks ago. Still this is a positive step. Fair play as I would say it kills Kenny to do this.

brokencrossbar1

According to Stan Collymore the story made the NY Times as a hjeadline story. They are major shareholders in Fenwat SG so the owners had pressure put on them from that point of view. It was the right thing to do as I don't feel it has been handled well from the very start and if the club had taken the right approach early on then a lot of problems could have been avoided. I back the player and the manager but they have not come out of this well. Time to move on. 

Two Hands FFS

Just waiting for ferguson to apologise for his comments after the match about banning Suarez then we can move on.

The Worker

Evra and suarez have both let themselves down a bag full over recent incidents. the sooner a line is drew under this whole affair the better for all concerned.

under the bar

The fact Evra even offered his hand to the unapologetic racist speaks volumes for his dignity and character.  Anyone who attempts to equate his behaviour with that of Suarez is an apologist for racism.

Captain Obvious

Man United statement

"Manchester United thanks Liverpool for the apologies issued following Saturday's game.

Everyone at Old Trafford wants to move on from this. The history of our two great clubs is one of success and rivalry unparalleled in British football.

That should be the focus in the future of all those who love the clubs
"

From the Bunker

Paddies Day Liverpool away to QPR...... Will Anton shake Suarez Hand? Crazier things have happened!

supersub

Liverpool apologise across the board and utd ones still looking something else. Disgusting. F@*k away off.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: supersub on February 12, 2012, 05:30:11 PM
Liverpool apologise across the board and utd ones still looking something else. Disgusting. F@*k away off.
Under the bar is a cretin. Ignore him.

orangeman

Good to hear Saurez eventaully bit the bullet.

However it would seem that the owners had to step in and set the record straight.

Fair play.

United should now move on.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: supersub on February 12, 2012, 05:30:11 PM
:D  :D  :D

Quote from: orangeman on February 12, 2012, 05:46:02 PM
Good to hear Saurez eventaully bit the bullet.

However it would seem that the owners had to step in and set the record straight.

Fair play.

United should now move on.
At what point were United not moving on?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

borderfox

Any sign of United reciprocating and apologising for Evra inciting the crowd and creating an even more volatile atmosphere, Rio Ferdinand for not shaking Suarez's hand and Ferguson for sticking his big red nose into how Liverpool run their own Football club?? 
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.