The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rouge_Diablo

Quote from: rossie mad on December 20, 2011, 11:21:03 PM
I sincerely doubt it.Why do you ask?are you not a man utd fan?you are obvoiously delighted with this decision
Which bit of it are you disappointed with?

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

ballinaman

I sincerely doubt it.Why do you ask?are you not a man utd fan?you are obvoiously delighted with this decision
Apologies so. There was a a poster with something to do with ross as a avatar, was severly deluded then.
Man United have more problems to be worrying about than Suarez.

rossie mad

Quote from: Captain Obvious on December 20, 2011, 11:25:47 PM
Quote from: rossie mad on December 20, 2011, 11:11:57 PM
No actually my belief.I believe that the fourth spot in the epl will be between liverpool and man utd and ferguson knows this so he asks for one of his opponents best players to be punished harshly without proper evidence,
How do you jump to that conclusion? MU look like the only side able to challenge City & if they don't win it they should finish 2nd.

How do you actually jump to this conclusion?One of the most depleted squads in the top ten in the Epl.Do you actually believe they will finish second?all they have done since losing to basel is beating wolves at home (relegation candidates) and QPR away (more relegation candidates).Once Man Utd fans realise that the decline is a reality then the might start talking sense.

Quote from: EC Unique on December 20, 2011, 11:24:35 PM
No actually my belief.I believe that the fourth spot in the epl will be between liverpool and man utd and ferguson knows this so he asks for one of his opponents best players to be punished harshly without proper evidence,

:D :D mental delusion at it's best.

Thats what i thought when you said Man utd would not be knocked out of the european cup by basel.Sure you can wait to see if im wrong.ive already seen you be wrong

rossie mad

Quote from: ballinaman on December 20, 2011, 11:31:26 PM
Apologies so. There was a a poster with something to do with ross as a avatar, was severly deluded then.
Man United have more problems to be worrying about than Suarez.

Very True

Captain Obvious

Quote from: rossie mad on December 20, 2011, 11:38:11 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on December 20, 2011, 11:25:47 PM
How do you jump to that conclusion? MU look like the only side able to challenge City & if they don't win it they should finish 2nd.

How do you actually jump to this conclusion?One of the most depleted squads in the top ten in the Epl.Do you actually believe they will finish second?all they have done since losing to basel is beating wolves at home (relegation candidates) and QPR away (more relegation candidates).Once Man Utd fans realise that the decline is a reality then the might start talking sense.
Your captain knows it's obvious never to write them off.

deiseach

All I'll say about Suarez is that if Liverpool have any sense they'll not appeal this decision. The FA want to make an example of someone so they can demonstrate to anyone who asks how determined they are to be Hard On Racism, and who better than the foreigner with reputation for cheating - they'll be doubly delighted in Ghana - and cannibalism? There's no way they can be seen to step back from this lest they be accused of being Soft On Racism. If anything, they're likely to increase the ban to reiterate how Hard On Racism they are.

Hashtag

Quote from: deiseach on December 21, 2011, 09:04:47 AM
All I'll say about Suarez is that if Liverpool have any sense they'll not appeal this decision. The FA want to make an example of someone so they can demonstrate to anyone who asks how determined they are to be Hard On Racism, and who better than the foreigner with reputation for cheating - they'll be doubly delighted in Ghana - and cannibalism? There's no way they can be seen to step back from this lest they be accused of being Soft On Racism. If anything, they're likely to increase the ban to reiterate how Hard On Racism they are.

:D LOLZ

gawa316

Aye dead on sure just leave it as it is...Luis being labelled a racist for the rest of his life!

This is now not about length of bans and fines. In my eyes Liverpool should have appealed a one game ban and 1000 pound fine. This is now about clearing Suarez's name and goes way above whether he can or can't play for Liverpool.

AZOffaly

I think Liverpool's statement was ridiculous to be honest. Some of the phrases in there would make you embarrassed reading it. We like to slag Ferguson and Wenger when they say stupid, one eyed stuff, but this is as bad as anything they've done.

I think the best way for the club, and the supporters to handle this one is.

1. Recognise that, at the very least, what Suarez said (if it is the word) was at best ill advised and daft.
2. Support Suarez publicly by focussing on the fact that he is and never intended to be racist, but accepts that what he said could easily be taken that way and accept he was wrong.
3. Take the medicine on that basis.
4. Foster a Manchester United like grudge against the world and use it to drive the club on.

If I was at work, and called someone I was obviously having a row with, a word which they considered to be either racist, sexist or homophobic, then I'd be in exactly the same boat that Suarez found himself in.

Hashtag

Quote from: AZOffaly on December 21, 2011, 09:26:02 AM
I think Liverpool's statement was ridiculous to be honest. Some of the phrases in there would make you embarrassed reading it. We like to slag Ferguson and Wenger when they say stupid, one eyed stuff, but this is as bad as anything they've done.

1. Recognise that, at the very least, what Suarez said (if it is the word) was at best ill advised and daft.
2. Support Suarez publicly by focussing on the fact that he is and never intended to be racist, but accepts that what he said could easily be taken that way and accept he was wrong.
4. Foster a Manchester United like grudge against the world and use it to drive the club on.

If I was at work, and called someone I was obviously having a row with, a word which they considered to be either racist, sexist or homophobic, then I'd be in exactly the same boat that Suarez found himself in.

I agree with everything in this post.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Hashtag on December 21, 2011, 09:28:23 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on December 21, 2011, 09:26:02 AM

I agree with everything in this post.

AZ you're too mature for this page.

I was just about to post, can a Liverpool fan give a reason why Suarez should've been found not guilty based on what they know, what's fact, and not contain the words 'John Terry'.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Bingo

I have absolutely no problem with Liverpools statement, in my eyes it was solely to defend Suarez and make some as much noise as possible that he isn't a racist, and that is the most important issue. Whatever he is said, was obviously daft and not intended to be racist, in that case slap him on the wrist, few games ban and a fine.

But slapping such a severe ban is just acting the big bollix to FIFA - this is now we deal with racists, no mercy. By all accounts deal with racists this way.

Also the FA are only making a further mockery of the issue by not issuing the full details yet. This has lead to further speculation and mud been thrown. All details should have been released last night, not as if they didn't take their time.

I'm happy to take Liverpools statement at face value and support them as they know the full facts, none of us do.

AZOffaly

Also agree with this. I think Suarez is the ideal candidate for the FA to focus on. A foreigner with a reputation for diving, unlike Gerrard, Owen or Rooney of course, and with a bad episode in his past. Suarez gave them an open goal, and unlike ourselves, they took it. An appeal by Liverpool on the basis he is not rascist is doomed to fail, because the charge is using racist language, and if Suarez told them he used the word Negrito, or a derivative, then there's not much else there to reduce the ban. Apart from the ridiculous assertion that he captained a team with black players and some of them are even his friends.

I'm a big fan of Liverpool, and have been for years, but this is not a battle to fight. As I've said earlier, reiterate that Suarez is NOT a racist, as backed up by Evra and the FA, but he used a term which was deemed racist, hence the charge. Then treat it like an 8 game injury and get on with it.

deiseach

Quote from: gawa316 on December 21, 2011, 09:12:05 AM
Aye dead on sure just leave it as it is...Luis being labelled a racist for the rest of his life!

This is now not about length of bans and fines. In my eyes Liverpool should have appealed a one game ban and 1000 pound fine. This is now about clearing Suarez's name and goes way above whether he can or can't play for Liverpool.

They have no hope of winning the appeal. Already you can see people involved in the (for want of a better term) racism industry congratulating the FA on the decision. If they were to retreat from this decision they'll get pounded by those people. Time to suck it up and move on.