The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Bingo on October 24, 2011, 10:10:40 AM
Jaysus, another fustrating weekend and points left behind. The strikers really need to get the finger out and start taking the chances, not good enough and it is happening too often. Pepe also has to take blame for the goal, not sure where he was going.

I though Kenny was slow to make changes - i'd have had Carroll on earlier and also thrown Maxi on to try and get a winner. Seems very reluctant to make changes at times.

Battle on against Stoke - get impression they might field a weakened team with Europe and league on their agenda. Would suit us well.

Not to mention by the time he did put Carroll on he had taken off both Downing and Bellamy.

That said the game should have long been wrapped up before that.

highorlow

The 'Pool' should stick with that tall lad with the girlie hairdo Carroll. He is good  ;)
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

supersub

Quote from: highorlow on October 24, 2011, 02:30:31 PM
The 'Pool' should stick with that tall lad with the girlie hairdo Carroll. He is good  ;)

::)

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: supersub on October 24, 2011, 07:04:08 PM
Quote from: highorlow on October 24, 2011, 02:30:31 PM

::)

Clever alright!  I was in your house today supersub, didn't realise the connection ;)

Bingo

Stoke tonight.

Rumoured team: Reina, Kelly Coates Agger Johnson Kuyt Lucas Spearing Maxi Downing Carroll

Strong enough line up. You'd imagine that with it been Stokes 3rd game in 6 days that they'd be looking to rest some but they do have alot stronger squad that previous seasons.
Not be pretty but hopefully we'd have enough in that team and off the bench to get through, may take extra time.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Bingo on October 26, 2011, 11:08:45 AM
Stoke tonight.

Rumoured team: Reina, Kelly Coates Agger Johnson Kuyt Lucas Spearing Maxi Downing Carroll

Strong enough line up. You'd imagine that with it been Stokes 3rd game in 6 days that they'd be looking to rest some but they do have alot stronger squad that previous seasons.
Not be pretty but hopefully we'd have enough in that team and off the bench to get through, may take extra time.

The lack of activity in here shows the apathy towards what is realistically the clubs best chance of silver ware this year and a potential platform to push forward to future success.  I wonder if some people forget how important this cup was to the club back in the 80's as a bedding ground for players.  I would like to see the team that is named as it stong enough while still giving players a break.  Stoke may have an eye on Europe but will still be hard to break down but if we can get a win there tonight that will break a big psychological barrier.

junior9

any streaming for tonight's game?

Jonah

What games are on Sky Sports tonight?

junior9

Mont

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 26, 2011, 02:21:18 PM
I would like to see the team that is named as it stong enough while still giving players a break.  Stoke may have an eye on Europe but will still be hard to break down but if we can get a win there tonight that will break a big psychological barrier.

At last we have a realist. Beating stoke in a micky mouse competition is a big deal.
This is Liverpools lot for the past few years and the next few years to come

There are new kids in town
Make way for Mancinis Mob

Capt Pat

Coates played tonight. How has he been getting on for Liverpool. I had high hopes for him.

Capt Pat

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Carmen Stateside

Just watched the game, it was tape delay out here and was just starting as i got in from work.  Suarez is something else, his first goal is as good as you will see.  Coates was at fault for the Stoke goal but he came out second half and was superb.  Agger was also very impressive at left back and i would love to see more of Maxi, thought he was very good and he didnt seem to impressed at being replaced.
Kennys reaction to Suarez winner was priceless. Man Utd at Anfield next please!