The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WaterBoy

Quote from: stew on June 05, 2010, 08:43:41 PM
Quote from: WaterBoy on June 05, 2010, 05:39:50 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on June 05, 2010, 04:13:10 PM
"Liverpool are sending 12 players (13 if you count Milan Jovanovic whose Bosman signing is going through) to the World Cup. Or an entire team: Reina, Carragher, Agger, Skrtel, Johnson, Babel, Gerrard, Mascherano, Rodriguez, Kuyt, Torres. Subs: Kyrgiakos, Jovanovic.

Eleven Chelsea players flew out to South Africa, the same number as Arsenal, and Manchester United sent eight. Does that look like he's left Anfield bare of talent?"

Taking that arguement at face value, he is saying the players have quality then? If that's the case you'd assume the reason they finished 7th was that the manager was s***e.

The players do have quality, they finished 7th because they had a bad season.  Did they finish 2nd the season before because the manager was brilliant?

A lot of the key men were injured for large parts of the season, Gerrard, Torres, Johnson.  to a lesser extent skrtel and Aurelio. Aquilani a quality player who could have been key was diagnosed to be fit for the start of October but ended up missing most of the season! Mascheranos form was poor for the first few months after having his head turned by barca. 
A lot of games drawn and lost due to goals conceded in the last minute or two of games had an effect on the teams confidence which they found hard to regain.

Off field events such as ongoing ownership / finacial situation at the club also had an affect on their poor season, but Rafa wasn't perfect, he made plenty of mistakes and was stubborn as usual,  Maybe a change in management was needed to freshen things up and get the team motivated as a lot of the players didn't seem to be motivated last season under Rafa.

It is easy to read the papers, watch football focus, and sky sports news and lap up what some of these so called experts say, when in fact they are talkin a pile of shite!  Mark Lawerson said this week that the team that Rafa left was no better than the team that houillier  left, FFS can he not remeber that team? Biscan, Traore, Diao!! 

people can say whatever they like about Rafa, all I know is he won the Champions League, and got the team to another final, and semi final, turning liverpool into one of the best teams in the CL at the time!  He also won the FA Cup and finished runner up in the league, mounting a serious title challenge and amassing their highest ever points total, FACT!  Im grateful for what he has done for LFC and hope he goes on to be succesful with his future club, which im sure he will!

he was a bit like the two Brian's during their stint managing Armagh, he had all the talent in the world at his disposal and managed to underachieve, that said to win the CL was a tremendous feat and the FA cup win was nice but when you start quoting points totals as a measure of  success you have low expectations and are stretching to make your argument.

If Ferguson had managed Liverpool in that time  I reckon they would have won a lot more then they did, same goes for wegner.

All the talent in the world? he inherited a poor squad, added a few players and won the CL in his 1st season, how did he underachieve with that? if anything he overachieved!  Is this the same Wenger who hasn't won a trophy in 6 years and whos team finished below Rafas in 3 out of the last 5 seasons?
Mama says that foos-ball is the devil

Capt Pat

At least now we can get some black players in, some of them can be quite handy. 

Rafa didn't really like the blacks unless they spoke Spanish. He even managed to find a Brazilian with blonde hair.

Does anyone notice that about certain teams. Blackburn was one for a long time, they won the league with an all white ream in 95 and stayed pretty much the same for a long time.

under the bar

QuoteHarry Redknapp anyone?

Whether Harry would consider Spurs to Liverpool an actual step up is another question.

irunthev

Dalglish must be the friendliest guy in the world. From news reports this week so far he is great friends with Purslow, with David Moyes, with Roy Hodgson, with Harry Redknapp and also with several influential figures within the Liverpool changing room.
BTW Hodgson was supposed to be on holidays this week, apparently in North Wales. Now there's a modest down to earth man if ever there was one.

Hound

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on June 04, 2010, 09:40:37 PM
So Liverpool fans lets hear who your top 3 choices are for the new Liverpool FC manager..

At the moment I would go with

1.Guus Hiddink
2.Frank Rijkaard
3.Slaven Billic

I also would have no problem with Hodgson or even King Kenny to be honest

The definite no's in my opinion are

1.Sammy Lee
2.Jurgen Klinsman
3.Mark Hughes

Haven't much of a clue to be honest! Hiddink has ruled himself out I think.

Very interesting to see Harry Redknapp's odds come crashing down to 10/1. I wonder what his contract with Spurs is? Maybe its a 1 year rolling, like Hogdson and O'Neill so compensation wouldnt be huge. I'd prefer Hodgson out of the 3 of them, no real insight into why.

Gas that Sven has issued a "come and get me plea". Lifelong Liverpool fan! Thought he was rubbish with England, but was doing a good job with City.

I wouldnt mind Dalglish either. But I think him being on the selection panel has probably ruled him out.

Just noticed something odd. I checked the new manager odds in paddypower half an hour ago. Just looked again now, and in that time, John Toshack has moved from 100/1 to 33/1!

The Real Laoislad

Yeah Hiddink has ruled himself out which is a pity.
Another name I read about today but is highly unlikely is David Moyes!
I think he is a great manager but he would hardly move across Stanley Park would he.........?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Hound

Yesterday I'd heard that Hodgson and Van Gaal were on top of the shortlist. But its all made up by the papers, so you can't believe anything. Th one thing I do believe is a fact is that any one on any more than a 1 year contract is ruled out.

Moyes is longer odds than Souness (100s vs 80s), so the bookies don't think a move across Stanley Park is likely!

norabeag

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on June 06, 2010, 08:53:34 PM
Yeah Hiddink has ruled himself out which is a pity.
Another name I read about today but is highly unlikely is David Moyes!
I think he is a great manager but he would hardly move across Stanley Park would he.........?
Hardly if he thinks there is a real big job coming up in a year or two in the NW.

EagleLord

I heard that Kenny Dagleish will take temperary charge...judging by his pre match talk at soccer aid...not the best talker ever..

supersub

Martin O'Neill would be a brilliant manger for liverpool to get!

Would get the best out of what we've got and bulk up the squad with three or four quality team players, no rubbish spending.

Stimpy

i dunno about the above mentioned, i think what we need is someone with experience in developing a new team, lets be honest- torres and gerrard are gonners, i think we need a manager like mick mccarthy, alan curbishley or walter smith who can build a team out of knowhere, any thoughts?

JUst retired

I hope Martin o Neill doesn`t take the job,as I like him, and would hate to have to look for Liverpool results to see how he is doing.

Down South

Quote from: JUst retired on June 07, 2010, 07:26:20 AM
I hope Martin o Neill doesn`t take the job,as I like him, and would hate to have to look for Liverpool results to see how he is doing.

I`d say he`ll take that on board.

supersub

Quote from: Stimpy on June 07, 2010, 02:49:17 AM
i dunno about the above mentioned, i think what we need is someone with experience in developing a new team, lets be honest- torres and gerrard are gonners, i think we need a manager like mick mccarthy, alan curbishley or walter smith who can build a team out of knowhere, any thoughts?

we need someone who can get the best out of players, because lets be honest we are not going to have the money to build a new squad! o'neill worked wonders at leicester, celtic and villa on limited bugets. he could do the same for liverpool if given the chance and as for gerard and torres being gonners, they wont leave if they know liverpool have a good manager in place, and o'neill would make sure they stayed!