The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Sorry to see bingobus go (if he has) over something so stupid like this. I'm going to side with him here a bit.
Wouldn't mind reading the email. Bingobus has said that he knows nothing about it (and stew now believes this) so that leaves stew accusing Bingobus of sending him 'death threats' when he apparently hasn't done any such thing. Stew also accuses Bingobus of disagreeing with him on multiple threads. Well, fcuk me. Has he been disagreeing with stew just to bust stew's chops or has he actually had a reasonable alternative viewpoint in each instance?
This whole episode is pretty stupid.
Is it reasonable to dole out abuse like I got here and in the past from that eejit? He thought Rafa was a brilliant Manager, I thought he was useless, spent too much money on shite players and had lost the main men on the team and that with him as their leader they would never win the league, thats my opinion, I never insulted him once but my opinion and the opinion of all non liverpool supporters meant nothing according to bingobus, he needs to learn what a discussion board is.
Hardstation I NEVER blamed bingobus once, not once did I blame him on sending me that shite, show me were I blamed him. I did believe him when he said he didnt send it based off his initial reaction to my post.
My crime here was to post my opinion on the discussion board about Liverpool Fc, I am a lot more restrained than most liverpool supporters and yet he has been all over me for quite some time and I have had enough of it, that said I hope he comes back as his reaction to my post was a wee bit ott, hopefully Monaghan quit as easily as he did come Sunday.

One last thing, I am reasonable certain who I got this from now and when it is confirmed I will be forwarding the email on to the proper authorities and that is the only reason why I am not posting it here.
Dont put words in my mouth hardstation.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Peter Solan the Great

Quote from: stew on June 03, 2010, 05:37:03 PM

Listen, I'm deleting my account. I won't apologise but I never, ever and will swear on my kids life, sent you any email. I say what I think here and never use PM's or anything like that. I think you've way over acted here. You claim that its a discussion forum and about my opinions yet won't accept my opinion on what you've posted, maybe i was out of order but I think you got the reaction you where looking for.

I dont want you to delete your account and based on your post I would say that it is pretty evident that you didnt send me the email, it was not a pm.

When you get after people with such vile and venom and when you do it over a period of time it becomes personal and not opinion, you posted bile, end of discussion and if your ego is such that you are not man enough to apologise when you are wrong then you are what i thought you were.

That said you are a poster that loves Liverpool and should continue to post on this forum, I doubt anyone wants you to leave, i certainly dont so hopefully you will stay.

Why dont you do us all a favour and f**k off

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Peter Solan the Great on June 04, 2010, 08:43:20 PM

Listen, I'm deleting my account. I won't apologise but I never, ever and will swear on my kids life, sent you any email. I say what I think here and never use PM's or anything like that. I think you've way over acted here. You claim that its a discussion forum and about my opinions yet won't accept my opinion on what you've posted, maybe i was out of order but I think you got the reaction you where looking for.

I dont want you to delete your account and based on your post I would say that it is pretty evident that you didnt send me the email, it was not a pm.

When you get after people with such vile and venom and when you do it over a period of time it becomes personal and not opinion, you posted bile, end of discussion and if your ego is such that you are not man enough to apologise when you are wrong then you are what i thought you were.

That said you are a poster that loves Liverpool and should continue to post on this forum, I doubt anyone wants you to leave, i certainly dont so hopefully you will stay.

Who appointed you gaaboard spokesman?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

stew

Quote from: Peter Solan the Great on June 04, 2010, 08:43:20 PM

You have been here five minutes and you act like you own the place, I have been for about a decade, you go away newbie.

The Real Laoislad

Right lads it's time to get the opinion of those that really matter on this thread....ie Liverpool fans.

This is the list of Liverpool fans from page 1 of this thread.

Gabriel_Hurl
bingobus
GalwayBayBoy
brokencrossbar1
stevo-08
nifan
DirtyDozen12
girt_giggler
gawa316
Minus15
supersarsfields
Chrisowc
The Real Laoislad
Minder
Harold Disgracey
Hereiam
stiffler
on the sideline
bridgegael
Mayo4Sam
Abble
charlie stubbs
mackers
O2
corn02
heganboy
Hound
AZOffaly
Carmen Stateside
North Longford
Mid Down Gael

So Liverpool fans lets hear who your top 3 choices are for the new Liverpool FC manager..

At the moment I would go with

1.Guus Hiddink
2.Frank Rijkaard
3.Slaven Billic

I also would have no problem with Hodgson or even King Kenny to be honest

The definite no's in my opinion are

1.Sammy Lee
2.Jurgen Klinsman
3.Mark Hughes

You'll Never Walk Alone.

under the bar

4 Liverpool players were playing football with a hedgehog when I was out walking this morning. I was going to call the RSPCA but then the hedgehog went 1-0 up!

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on June 04, 2010, 09:40:37 PM
Right lads it's time to get the opinion of those that really matter on this thread....ie Liverpool fans.

This is the list of Liverpool fans from page 1 of this thread.

Gabriel_Hurl
bingobus
GalwayBayBoy
brokencrossbar1
stevo-08
nifan
DirtyDozen12
girt_giggler
gawa316
Minus15
supersarsfields
Chrisowc
The Real Laoislad
Minder
Harold Disgracey
Hereiam
stiffler
on the sideline
bridgegael
Mayo4Sam
Abble
charlie stubbs
mackers
O2
corn02
heganboy
Hound
AZOffaly
Carmen Stateside
North Longford
Mid Down Gael

So Liverpool fans lets hear who your top 3 choices are for the new Liverpool FC manager..

At the moment I would go with

1.Guus Hiddink
2.Frank Rijkaard
3.Slaven Billic

I also would have no problem with Hodgson or even King Kenny to be honest

The definite no's in my opinion are

1.Sammy Lee
2.Jurgen Klinsman
3.Mark Hughes

couldnt really dissagree with those 3 LL, but what are the realistic chances of them getting it?
would love to see hiddink or Rijkaard.
Sven has threw his hat in the ring aswell!hopefully not!
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

blewuporstuffed

I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

EC Unique

QuoteNew Turkey boss Guus Hiddink is unlikely to become Liverpool's next manager, according to the Dutchman's agent, Cees van Nieuwenhuizen.

Liverpool are searching for a new boss after Rafael Benitez's exit on Thursday with former boss Kenny Dalglish charged with finding his replacement.

"Guus has shown over the years that he is loyal to agreements that he signed," van Nieuwenhuizen told BBC Sport.

"There is no reason today why he would change such behaviour."

Benitez left Anfield by mutual consent on Thursday after six years in charge, paying the price for a season that saw the club make an early exit from the Champions League and finish seventh in the Premier League.

Dalglish, along with managing director Christian Purslow, has drawn up a shortlist of names to replace the Spaniard.

It is reported that Fulham manager Roy Hodgson and Bayern Munich boss Louis van Gaal are among the front runners, but Hiddink, Aston Villa's Martin O'Neill, former Manchester City chief Mark Hughes, Croatia's Slaven Bilic and Galatasary's Frank Rijkaard have also been touted as potential successors to Benitez.

BBC

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on June 05, 2010, 11:26:47 AM
one of the few good articles i've read on benitezs time at anfield
from the mirror (surprisingly)
http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/columnists/brian-reade/Why-Rafa-Benitez-leaves-Liverpool-as-a-legend-not-the-failure-his-history-rewriting-critics-insist-The-Brian-Reade-Column-article448527.html

Brian Reade is a Liverpool fan but a good read alright. More balanced than most of the tabloid nonsense written about Benitez.

QuoteRight to the end the professional pundits failed to understand why so many Liverpudlians stayed loyal to Rafa Benitez.

As 500 fans marched on Anfield after his departure, chanting the Spaniard's name, heads shook at a footballing sub-species bracketed ­somewhere between romantic die-hards and mawkish morons.

To the "expert" eye, these deluded fools had been conned by Benitez's cunning and blinded to his failings by the glory of Istanbul and the ­criminal incompetence of the American owners.

Liverpool fans they said, once among the most knowledgeable in the world, had clearly lost touch with the modern reality, and were now a sad throwback to the days when sideburned men kicked orange balls.

Well, I'd argue one of the saddest aspects of modern ­football is too many pundits, including ex-players, have not paid to watch a game since those orange ball days. And they've lost touch with the fan.

I'm not saying Benitez had to stay. The results and the football last year were shocking, he's been a major player in Anfield's destructive civil war, and the number of fans disillusioned with his style and methods was growing.

But to paint his six-year reign as an unmitigated disaster, sustained only by the over-sentimentalising of Istanbul, is analysis at its most skewed and cringeful. By 2004 Liverpool had been relegated to the status of European also-rans. Benitez made the club a genuine world force again.

It wasn't just that 2005 ­Champions League win (which is shamelessly downplayed as a fluke despite beating Fabio Capello's Juventus, Jose Mourinho's Chelsea and Carlo Ancelotti's AC Milan). Or reaching the 2007 Champions League final and the 2008 semi-final. It wasn't even UEFA elevating Liverpool to Europe's top-seeded club due to results under Benitez.

It was beating Real Madrid and Inter Milan at the Bernabeu and San Siro (which the Reds had never before done) and Barcelona at the Nou Camp. Magical victories at the very top of world football, which restored long-overdue respect to Liverpudlian hearts.

Ah say the experts, but he didn't win the league. True. But he got closer than any Liverpool boss in the past 20 years. A season ago he was a whisker away, taking the highest number of points by a runner-up in a 38-game season and the club's best points haul since 1988.

And he did so despite having the 5th highest wage bill ­in the league, the 5th ­costliest squad, the 5th biggest stadium capacity and a net annual transfer spend of £15million. Which should have made experts ask why Liverpool were ever considered a nailed-on top four side under Benitez, especially when the boardroom was mired in anarchy.

Ah, they say, but he'd long lost the players and the board. So why have Steven Gerrard, Fernando Torres, Daniel Agger, Dirk Kuyt and Pepe Reina signed new long-term contracts within the past year? Why last August did managing director Christian Purslow do interviews purring over Benitez and how he was integral to the club's future?

Ah, the experts say, but that was before he let Xabi Alonso go, which everyone could see was a calamity. These would be the same experts who, for the previous couple of seasons, claimed Liverpool were a two-man team. With Alonso (on whom Benitez turned a £20million profit) never being mentioned as one of those two.

Ah, they say, but Torres apart, he only signed sub-standard dross and ended up with a shockingly-weak squad. Really?

Liverpool are sending 12 players (13 if you count Milan Jovanovic whose Bosman signing is going through) to the World Cup. Or an entire team: Reina, Carragher, Agger, Skrtel, Johnson, Babel, Gerrard, Mascherano, Rodriguez, Kuyt, Torres. Subs: Kyrgiakos, Jovanovic.

Eleven Chelsea players flew out to South Africa, the same number as Arsenal, and Manchester United sent eight. Does that look like he's left Anfield bare of talent?

The truth is Benitez leaves a squad worth many times more than the one he inherited, despite spending less in the past three transfer windows than he's brought in.

I don't seek to rewrite history or airbrush Benitez's ­failings. I saw last year's football and it stank. I felt the growing anger among players and fans at his bloody-mindedness and knew something had to give.

Which is why it may be best for all concerned that he walks on. But now he has, let's do him the honour of getting his legacy right.

Rafa Benitez was many things at Liverpool but unlike every manager since Kenny Dalglish, he was not a failure. Indeed a majority of ­Liverpudlians will remember him as a legend.

Because like Bill Shankly, on more days and nights than those expert pundits ever care to recall, he made the people happy.

Norf Tyrone

"Liverpool are sending 12 players (13 if you count Milan Jovanovic whose Bosman signing is going through) to the World Cup. Or an entire team: Reina, Carragher, Agger, Skrtel, Johnson, Babel, Gerrard, Mascherano, Rodriguez, Kuyt, Torres. Subs: Kyrgiakos, Jovanovic.

Eleven Chelsea players flew out to South Africa, the same number as Arsenal, and Manchester United sent eight. Does that look like he's left Anfield bare of talent?"

Taking that arguement at face value, he is saying the players have quality then? If that's the case you'd assume the reason they finished 7th was that the manager was s***e.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Boycey on June 05, 2010, 04:53:09 PM
QuotePosted by: GalwayBayBoy 

Brian Reade is a Liverpool fan but a good read alright. More balanced than most of the tabloid nonsense written about Benitez.

Balanced? Brian Reade is the most one-eyed Scouse fan you could find well maybe except for his mate McGovern.

His club allegiance aside his writing is balanced. Maybe it's the reader who isn't.

WaterBoy

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on June 05, 2010, 04:13:10 PM
"Liverpool are sending 12 players (13 if you count Milan Jovanovic whose Bosman signing is going through) to the World Cup. Or an entire team: Reina, Carragher, Agger, Skrtel, Johnson, Babel, Gerrard, Mascherano, Rodriguez, Kuyt, Torres. Subs: Kyrgiakos, Jovanovic.

Eleven Chelsea players flew out to South Africa, the same number as Arsenal, and Manchester United sent eight. Does that look like he's left Anfield bare of talent?"

Taking that arguement at face value, he is saying the players have quality then? If that's the case you'd assume the reason they finished 7th was that the manager was s***e.

The players do have quality, they finished 7th because they had a bad season.  Did they finish 2nd the season before because the manager was brilliant?

A lot of the key men were injured for large parts of the season, Gerrard, Torres, Johnson.  to a lesser extent skrtel and Aurelio. Aquilani a quality player who could have been key was diagnosed to be fit for the start of October but ended up missing most of the season! Mascheranos form was poor for the first few months after having his head turned by barca. 
A lot of games drawn and lost due to goals conceded in the last minute or two of games had an effect on the teams confidence which they found hard to regain.

Off field events such as ongoing ownership / finacial situation at the club also had an affect on their poor season, but Rafa wasn't perfect, he made plenty of mistakes and was stubborn as usual,  Maybe a change in management was needed to freshen things up and get the team motivated as a lot of the players didn't seem to be motivated last season under Rafa.

It is easy to read the papers, watch football focus, and sky sports news and lap up what some of these so called experts say, when in fact they are talkin a pile of shite!  Mark Lawerson said this week that the team that Rafa left was no better than the team that houillier  left, FFS can he not remeber that team? Biscan, Traore, Diao!! 

people can say whatever they like about Rafa, all I know is he won the Champions League, and got the team to another final, and semi final, turning liverpool into one of the best teams in the CL at the time!  He also won the FA Cup and finished runner up in the league, mounting a serious title challenge and amassing their highest ever points total, FACT!  Im grateful for what he has done for LFC and hope he goes on to be succesful with his future club, which im sure he will!

Mama says that foos-ball is the devil

stew

Quote from: WaterBoy on June 05, 2010, 05:39:50 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on June 05, 2010, 04:13:10 PM

The players do have quality, they finished 7th because they had a bad season.  Did they finish 2nd the season before because the manager was brilliant?

A lot of the key men were injured for large parts of the season, Gerrard, Torres, Johnson.  to a lesser extent skrtel and Aurelio. Aquilani a quality player who could have been key was diagnosed to be fit for the start of October but ended up missing most of the season! Mascheranos form was poor for the first few months after having his head turned by barca. 
A lot of games drawn and lost due to goals conceded in the last minute or two of games had an effect on the teams confidence which they found hard to regain.

Off field events such as ongoing ownership / finacial situation at the club also had an affect on their poor season, but Rafa wasn't perfect, he made plenty of mistakes and was stubborn as usual,  Maybe a change in management was needed to freshen things up and get the team motivated as a lot of the players didn't seem to be motivated last season under Rafa.

It is easy to read the papers, watch football focus, and sky sports news and lap up what some of these so called experts say, when in fact they are talkin a pile of shite!  Mark Lawerson said this week that the team that Rafa left was no better than the team that houillier  left, FFS can he not remeber that team? Biscan, Traore, Diao!! 

people can say whatever they like about Rafa, all I know is he won the Champions League, and got the team to another final, and semi final, turning liverpool into one of the best teams in the CL at the time!  He also won the FA Cup and finished runner up in the league, mounting a serious title challenge and amassing their highest ever points total, FACT!  Im grateful for what he has done for LFC and hope he goes on to be succesful with his future club, which im sure he will!

he was a bit like the two Brian's during their stint managing Armagh, he had all the talent in the world at his disposal and managed to underachieve, that said to win the CL was a tremendous feat and the FA cup win was nice but when you start quoting points totals as a measure of  success you have low expectations and are stretching to make your argument.

If Ferguson had managed Liverpool in that time  I reckon they would have won a lot more then they did, same goes for wegner.

tyroneboi

Harry Redknapp anyone?

Liverpool are planning a shock move for Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp, Sky Sports sources understand.

The Anfield outfit are searching for a new man at the helm after Rafa Benitez's six-year reign was brought to an end by mutual consent on Thursday.

And Spurs boss Redknapp has emerged as a leading contender for the Reds hierarchy as they aim to bring stability back to Merseyside.

Liverpool legend Kenny Dalglish and managing director Christian Purslow have been charged with the task of identifying and selecting a replacement.

Dalglish knows Redknapp well having brought his son Jamie to Anfield in January 1991 when he was at the helm of the five-time European champions and the two families have been close ever since.
Redknapp's reputation as a transfer market wheeler-dealer has made him an attractive option for Liverpool, who are heavily in debt and could have only £5million to invest in new players if they do not trim their squad this summer.

The former Bournemouth, West Ham, Southampton and Portsmouth manager has transformed the fortunes of the White Hart Lane club since replacing Juande Ramos in October 2008.

Redknapp his since guided the club into the top four of the Premier League - ironically at the expense of Liverpool - and they have the prospect of UEFA Champions League football to look forward to next season.

Spurs would be loath to lose the services of Redknapp, who has been granted an impressive transfer budget during his time in North London, and are sure to fight hard to keep the 63-year-old.

Redknapp has only one year remaining on his current contract at White Hart Lane and talks over a new deal are yet to take place.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11669_6192473,00.html