The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blewuporstuffed

i was under the impression that ths Jovanovic fella would be the back up striker, not a left sided player?
iether way if babel and riera go (and maybe even benny), they would still need another one.
martin petrov on a free wouldnt be bad.
agree with you about insua, would be grand as a second chioce left back, but not good enought to be automatic every week.
hopeully it will just be some of the deadwood that will go from the side and it will just be some of that money back in with torres and gerarrd staying.
I cant see there being any more of a transfer buget other than that.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

bingobus

I honestly have no idea who will be coming in. Talk of the Wilson chap coming from Wilson, the money for San Jose will be used for his transfer and then there is the Janovic (sp?) coming on a free from Standard Liege.

We'll not be shopping in Brown Thomas for sure, more likely the Euro shop or pennys!

If a few sales where made and I'm talking Babel, Kuyt, Benny, etc where you could get 5-8m each, you aren't going to be replacing them with someone in the 20m bracket so the likes of Silva, Martinez, Cahill, Young, Milner etc will all be pipe dreams, even Joe Coles wages and signing-on fee may be outside our net.

The players been linked aren't inspiring - Zeigler (spurs reject), Bentley, Raul, etc.

Personally I'd take a punt on Kevin Doyle for starters.

EC Unique

I think one thing people need to understand is that if total the total spent will be nowhere near the total generated in sales. Most of the money will disappear to the bank charges! 

See Utd/Ronaldo money!

Geoff Tipps

Pipe dreams?? More like wet dreams  ;D
I haven't see Wilson play but he's highly rated and we do need cover at centre back. Shelvey is only 17 so it's hard to see him having any impact in his first season.

Can't really see Kuyt going but Riera and Benayoun are almost certainly leaving. I've given up hoping Babel will turn into the real deal. He's not going to make it at Liverpool. I honestly don't believe he'll every turn into a top class player. If we got 8-10m for him we should take it.

Jovanovic can play as a back up striker but can also play on the left. It all depends on what role Rafa sees for him. I guess there's really no point in speculating till after the WC. At least we can be spared watching some unknown turning into a superstar at the world cup and wondering if he could end up at Liverpool.

bingobus

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on May 21, 2010, 02:49:20 PM
At least we can be spared watching some unknown turning into a superstar at the world cup and wondering if he could end up at Liverpool.

I'll never forget watching the opening game at Korea/Japan 2002, Senegal against France with Diouf and Daio looking like they were world beaters (actually that day they where) and praising Ged for having signed them before the tournement, a real coup and the missing piece's now in place  :-[  :-[

The Real Laoislad

I've never seen Wilson play either...or Wilson FC for that matter bingobus ;)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

bingobus

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on May 21, 2010, 03:05:09 PM
I've never seen Wilson play either...or Wilson FC for that matter bingobus ;)

LOL  :-[ Get castaway on DVD this weekend so, he played a blinder and outshone Tom Hanks imho.

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: bingobus on May 21, 2010, 02:56:56 PM
Quote from: Geoff Tipps on May 21, 2010, 02:49:20 PM
At least we can be spared watching some unknown turning into a superstar at the world cup and wondering if he could end up at Liverpool.

I'll never forget watching the opening game at Korea/Japan 2002, Senegal against France with Diouf and Daio looking like they were world beaters (actually that day they where) and praising Ged for having signed them before the tournement, a real coup and the missing piece's now in place  :-[  :-[

Yeah remember that game too. Watched it in work with a smug grin thinking Ged had pulled off a masterstroke. It wasn't too far into the season when we realised we were sold a pup.....well 3 when you include the boy who never quite turned into the new Zidane  :)

blewuporstuffed

Defender Fabio Aurelio to leave Liverpool next week

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/8702865.stm

Liverpool defender Fabio Aurelio is to leave the club next week after failing to agree a new contract.

The 30-year-old became the first Brazilian to sign for the Merseyside outfit when he joined in July 2006 on a free transfer from Valencia.

But his Anfield career was hampered by injuries and he has turned down the offer of a new pay-as-you-play deal.

"We had been trying to work something out but it was a pity that we couldn't," said manager Rafael Benitez.

"He has given us absolutely fantastic service. The one problem we had with Fabio was that he suffered too many injuries and it was such a pity because he has great quality."

Aurelio missed the start of 2009/10 season after sustaining a freak knee problem while playing football with his children and a thigh problem at the end of February prematurely ended his season.

He made a total of 23 appearances in 2009/10, including 14 in the Premier League and seven in Europe.

Benitez said Aurelio's injury problems put more pressure on 21-year-old left-back Emiliano Insua. The Argentine played 44 matches before he too succumbed to injury late in the season.

"With Fabio being out so much, it meant that we had to use Insua more than we would have liked and that was not easy for him," added Benitez.

"It has been a pleasure having him here and we really will miss him. You are talking about an amazing person who gave 100% all the time. We wish him all the best."
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

The Real Laoislad

Liked him and thought he was a decent player...

At least he left us with this piece of magic to remember him by......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wS_-lMQQTrk&feature=related
You'll Never Walk Alone.

GalwayBayBoy

Fabio was a decent player but so injury prone it was hard to rely on him being fit. Would take him before Insua any day of the week anyway.

naka

moores has written a letter to timesto be published in the morning now that his gagging order  is over expect shit to hit the fan tomorrow ::)

Hound

Quote from: naka on May 25, 2010, 10:24:51 PM
moores has written a letter to timesto be published in the morning now that his gagging order  is over expect shit to hit the fan tomorrow ::)

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/liverpool/article7136761.ece

bingobus

Nothing new really in Moores letter. Basically he looking for some sympathy without having to say "sorry, we fucked up" or "I have a plan to put it right".

Looking at various forums, he isn't getting what he desired, only more abuse and anger directed at him. The chairman of a multimillion pound business admitting that he didn't know how to use a computer!

Flying to over to a game last year, i was sitting beside a Liverpool season ticket holder who admitted himself he had a few quid and was well travelled. In 2005 he stayed in same hotel as the Liverpool squad with his son and said that in the days before the game that Moores and Parry where in the hotel but he said that they looked like dodgy ticket touts dressed in tracksuits, shorts, cheap supporters T-Shirts and that from the outside looking in, their appearance give the impression of an amateurish set-up in comparison to the other suits in attendence from the media world, Uefa and other clubs in attendence. He said he wasn't surprised at the f**k up they made of the sale from that experience of seeing them on the biggest stage for a club team.

heganboy

felt sorry for the guy there- I believe he thought at the time that he was doing the right thing...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity