The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

full back

Fundamental problem with the scousers
Heard Stevi G on the radio this morning saying they went into the game hoping to nick a 1-0 :-\

illdecide

Disgusted with Liverpool last night as they knocked me in £300, i know they're not playing well and are having a few problems but if they cannot beat Wolves there is something seriously wrong. I'm a Celtic man and i have my own problems but if i were a Liverpool man i would not be happy at all with Rafa
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

EC Unique

QuoteRafa Benitez treated Liverpool's goalless draw with Wolves as a positive result despite falling off the pace for a UEFA Champions League berth.

The Reds had the chance to return to the top four for the first time since September providing results went their way ahead of their clash against relegation-battling Wanderers on Tuesday night.

But even with the return of fit-again talisman Steven Gerrard, the Merseysiders' toothless display saw maximum points elude them and leave them trailing Tottenham by three points in the race for fourth place.

"I think it was a tough game in the first half," admitted Benitez to Sky Sports.

"We were more in control in the second half, they were pushing (for a goal). It was a tough game for both (sides) and maybe the result is fair.

Positive
"I think it (the draw) is positive - we kept a clean sheet and you can see the team was working very hard and everybody is working for everyone."

If there are any Liverpool supporters left that still support Rafa then the bit in bold should sum up the why he is a failure. I never thought I would see the day when a Liverpool manager would count a goalless draw at Wolves a 'positive result'

bingobus

Quote from: illdecide on January 27, 2010, 09:52:49 AM
Disgusted with Liverpool last night as they knocked me in £300, i know they're not playing well and are having a few problems but if they cannot beat Wolves there is something seriously wrong. I'm a Celtic man and i have my own problems but if i were a Liverpool man i would not be happy at all with Rafa

No sympathy for anyone backing Liverpool this season, madness.

Liverpool on the road to no town at the minute.

Positives - Clean sheet (which should be a given away to Wolves  - 17 goals in 22 games!)

Negaties - So many, lack of creativity, lack of subs to correct this, 2 holding MF, hoofing the ball again, acceptance of a draw.

A defeat would have been as bad, once again supporters are left asking more questions after a inept attacking display. Roll on the summer.

nrico2006

I see Stevie G saying last night after the game that Liverpool have turned the corner - how did he come up with that one? 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

ludermor

Quote from: nrico2006 on January 27, 2010, 10:50:06 AM
I see Stevie G saying last night after the game that Liverpool have turned the corner - how did he come up with that one?
That would be the second corner they have turned and are now going steadily backwards

brokencrossbar1

A u-turn is a corner too, only you end up going f**king back on yourself >:(  A manager with no ambition, the club is going nowhere.  Gerard should have a bit of balls about him and say it as it is.  I reckon that Carra would but he is being told to keep quiet. 

If the club does not make the CL this year it is finished, City have oddles money, Villa have a canny manager and an understanding owner, Spurs are on the up, even fecking Birmingham are doing better than Liverpool at the minute.  Hit the road raf and don't you come back no more.  We can blame the owners all we like but the simple fact is that Benetiz spent £40 million over the summer and the only player getting any game time worth talking about is the Greek.  Johnson has been injured and so has Aquaman I know, but these excuses are beginning to sound weak.  Rafa runs the team, the team is going nowhere, get rid and get a new voice in now!

mountainboii

Quote from: ludermor on January 27, 2010, 11:00:19 AM
That would be the second corner they have turned and are now going steadily backwards

I like it  :D

Billys Boots

QuoteVilla have a canny manager and an understanding owner.

Is Doug gone?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Doogie Browser

Quote from: Billys Boots on January 27, 2010, 11:17:11 AM

Is Doug gone?
You serious Billy?  He left in summer of 2006 I would say MON wouldn't have took the job if he knew 'Deadly' would be hanging about, we now have one of the most accomodating chairmen in the PL, Mr Randy Lerner - one time head of the MBNA empire.  Some great stories about the changes he has made in and around VP in the last 3 years or so.

magpie seanie

Looks like you lot are getting a get out of jail free card from Juventus. Jammy. That will save Liverpool a pile of dosh as they won't have to sack Rafa now. The bump a new manager (unless they are a complete tube) will bring will give them a fighting chance of 4th.

Not kicking folk when they are down but Benitez' media interviews are terrible. His reaction to last nights game was surreal to say the least. He sounded like Phil Brown or someone managing a team fighting relegation.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 27, 2010, 11:22:51 AM
Looks like you lot are getting a get out of jail free card from Juventus. Jammy. That will save Liverpool a pile of dosh as they won't have to sack Rafa now. The bump a new manager (unless they are a complete tube) will bring will give them a fighting chance of 4th.

Not kicking folk when they are down but Benitez' media interviews are terrible. His reaction to last nights game was surreal to say the least. He sounded like Phil Brown or someone managing a team fighting relegation.

Kick away seanie, they deserve a good kicking at the minute as they are worse than a bloody amatuer League team the way they are playing. No heart, no organisation, no leadership.  There can be no one who can honestly put their hand on heart and back benetiz.

bingobus

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 27, 2010, 11:22:51 AM

In fairness Seanie, the Juve link is very weak and along way off.

Rafa's media interview's where never anything but baffling, this year they have been as bad as anything. I rarely pay any attention to them. Of course he'll try and put some sort of positive spin on things, most managers do. At least he'll always talk to the media  ;)

Billys Boots

Quote from: Doogie Browser on January 27, 2010, 11:21:35 AM

Is Doug gone?
You serious Billy?  He left in summer of 2006 I would say MON wouldn't have took the job if he knew 'Deadly' would be hanging about, we now have one of the most accomodating chairmen in the PL, Mr Randy Lerner - one time head of the MBNA empire.  Some great stories about the changes he has made in and around VP in the last 3 years or so.

Apologies Doogie, I've really taken the eye off the ball in relation to Villa - mostly due to Mr. Ellis, if truth be told.  SO good news then, if a little late.  :P
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Doogie Browser

Quote from: Billys Boots on January 27, 2010, 11:49:39 AM
Quote from: Doogie Browser on January 27, 2010, 11:21:35 AM

Is Doug gone?

Apologies Doogie, I've really taken the eye off the ball in relation to Villa - mostly due to Mr. Ellis, if truth be told.  SO good news then, if a little late.  :P
Its great news, we have been making progressive steps over the past few years with the new owner supporting MON all the way - so far!