The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

last time i remember liverpool playing this bad a certain graham souness was their manager
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

J70

Quote from: Lecale2 on December 19, 2009, 02:31:44 PM
That was a good 2nd goal. He took it very well.

Shouldn't have got the opportunity - Agger should have had that ball cleared. Both Portsmouth goals came from Liverpool failing to deal with balls in the area that should have been cleared.

J70

Quote from: ross4life on December 19, 2009, 02:45:18 PM
last time i remember liverpool playing this bad a certain graham souness was their manager

No, they were just bad under Houllier in his final season and in Rafa's first season. They finished with 60 and 58 points respectively in those seasons, although the way things are going right now they might be lucky to make even those modest targets.

Bensars

How many chances are  the powers that be give Rafa ? I admire the board supporting a manager but there comes  a point when they have to cut there losses.. Cue another week of the Rafa apologists claiming his record is good.

Archie Mitchell

Would cost too much to sack him and his backroom team.

Bensars

Has to be viewed as an oppurtunity cost. The way they are performing now and out of the Champions league, plus out of the reckoning ( i know season isnt over) for next year, has bound to have had a bearing on the current valuation of the club. I know Benitez has signed a five year contract but i would doubt his backroom team signed similtaneous contracts at or around the same time.

£15 million pay off  to get  rid of Rafa and some confidence instilled with a new man at the helm may be money well spent in the long run.

wallyman

Quote from: ross4life on December 19, 2009, 02:45:18 PM

Id say they played worse last week.

Archie Mitchell

Do they have the money to do that though? Football managers get it easy. You should be held accountable for not doing your job properly and not get your contract paid out. If I wasn't doing my job properly, and got the sack, I wouldn't get a big pay off, or expect one.

Bensars

I agree totally Archie, more their fault for agreeing to a watertight contract. But the point has to arrive whereby they cut the losses. They are no longer a privately owned club (in the old sense of club ownership) and the new owners are there solely as an investment opportunity. They will not allow the situation to continue indefinitely.

orangeman

Torres won't hang around if they don't make champions league footie.

GalwayBayBoy

Villa, City and Spurs all win. All uphill from now on and no end in sight to the current malaise.

Minder

I have never thought it up to now but I don't think Benitez will last the season. Just have a feeling.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

muppet

Quote from: Minder on December 19, 2009, 05:31:31 PM
I have never thought it up to now but I don't think Benitez will last the season. Just have a feeling.

I don't think he will last till dessert.
MWWSI 2017

Archie Mitchell

muppet

MWWSI 2017