The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

A mid-week home game with a positive result.
Can't be easy to get your act together again after the huge game on the weekend.
Nervy finish to the game.
Suddenly we are on a roll of good results.

Hound

I thought we played well for 44 minutes, but not so good for the remainder.

Odd taking off Darwin so early when he was looking really sharp. I don't think Curtis Jones is going to make it at this level, and it was certainly a big downgrade on the night. And Fabinho who came on for Thiago at the same time was pretty poor, beaten a heap of times.

A bit disappointing that most players couldn't reproduce their form from Sunday. Lucky enough that West Ham weren't great, but amazing work from Milner to stop the one clear cut chance they did create late on.

gawa316

Quote from: Hound on October 20, 2022, 06:24:23 AM

Odd taking off Darwin so early when he was looking really sharp. I don't think Curtis Jones is going to make it at this level, and it was certainly a big downgrade on the night. And Fabinho who came on for Thiago at the same time was pretty poor, beaten a heap of times.

A bit disappointing that most players couldn't reproduce their form from Sunday. Lucky enough that West Ham weren't great, but amazing work from Milner to stop the one clear cut chance they did create late on.

Could be wrong but I thought I read somewhere Nunez had some sort of slight twinge

johnnycool

Quote from: Hound on October 20, 2022, 06:24:23 AM

The three midfield substitutions buckled Liverpool with Rice gaining total control thereafter.

West Ham deserved a point from that game, but Moyseys wait goes on for a win at Anfield.

brokencrossbar1

Klopp said after it that Nunez was feeling his hamstrings at half time. The MF subs did buckle us. Fabinho is not great as a sub coming on,  he needs to be at the pace of the game from the outset and as a sub can be exposed. There's players who just are like that. Great at starting but cannot impact off the bench. Thiago makes the MF tick and when he is off then things change. The reality though is that half the team from the City game were rotated. That's how the squad will get through until the World Cup. Each game before the WC break is eminently winnable, with Spurs away the hardest I'd guess. Get to that stage and then reset with hopefully a push on for top 4 and CL next round qualification secured. Get the injured lads back and players rested over the WAC break.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 20, 2022, 10:00:01 AM
Klopp said after it that Nunez was feeling his hamstrings at half time. The MF subs did buckle us. Fabinho is not great as a sub coming on,  he needs to be at the pace of the game from the outset and as a sub can be exposed. There's players who just are like that. Great at starting but cannot impact off the bench. Thiago makes the MF tick and when he is off then things change. The reality though is that half the team from the City game were rotated. That's how the squad will get through until the World Cup. Each game before the WC break is eminently winnable, with Spurs away the hardest I'd guess. Get to that stage and then reset with hopefully a push on for top 4 and CL next round qualification secured. Get the injured lads back and players rested over the WAC break.

So the season is over? Remember Arsenal are top, they won't be there that long City have come apart a few times and Spurs are crap, Chelsea hanging in there but may take a season before the new management get at it properly

Liverpool bar injuries are playing well... If Klopp gets a 3 game ban I'd say that might have a bit of downer
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

brokencrossbar1

Season definitely not over but just being realistic. City will push on hard. They are in a better position this year at this point than they were last year. Haaland will score for fun for the rest of the season and they will finish in the early 90's points wise. LFC won't get that no matter how optimistic we are.

RedHand88

If Haaland gets a long term injury.... there's a chance.
Only 7 points behind them with 28 games to go. They have shown they can drop points.
Very little room for error on Liverpools part though.

trailer

You lot sound like Armagh fans. Two game unbeaten run. Team of the season stuff.

J70

Quote from: trailer on October 20, 2022, 03:21:59 PM
You lot sound like Armagh fans. Two game unbeaten run. Team of the season stuff.

And you sound like you're on hallucinatory drugs, hearing and seeing things that aren't being said.

laoislad

Quote from: J70 on October 20, 2022, 04:12:13 PM

And you sound like you're on hallucinatory drugs, hearing and seeing things that aren't being said.
And you should know better than to be replying to the fool!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: laoislad on October 20, 2022, 04:43:43 PM
Quote from: J70 on October 20, 2022, 04:12:13 PM

And you should know better than to be replying to the fool!

This

dec

quit yo jibbajabba

Has put the Liverpool gig back years, or unlikely now at this stage. Cant say im too disappointed. One of the all time greats for Pool but can you imagine going from listening to Jurgen to Stevie....

An Watcher

Thought it was ridiculous he was even mentioned as a replacement for klopp.  Winning a league in Scotland is hardly enough to suggest you will be a success in England at one of the biggest clubs.  If that was the case then get Neil lennon