The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

J70

Maybe it's how poor they've been, but I thought that was a decent and promising performance. Movement and quick football was back, created plenty of chances, got a goal with the press, and could easily have won that.

Young Williams, as I've said before, doesn't look up to it, especially with his slowness, and today's poor showing won't help, even if he did get exposed by TAA bombing forward. Today really did show up the centre back issue.

Need to keep Matip fit, but if they can build on today up front, they've a great chance of still finishing top four.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: J70 on January 24, 2021, 11:07:14 PM
Maybe it's how poor they've been, but I thought that was a decent and promising performance. Movement and quick football was back, created plenty of chances, got a goal with the press, and could easily have won that.

Young Williams, as I've said before, doesn't look up to it, especially with his slowness, and today's poor showing won't help, even if he did get exposed by TAA bombing forward. Today really did show up the centre back issue.

Need to keep Matip fit, but if they can build on today up front, they've a great chance of still finishing top four.

I would agree there J70, i didnt think it was  a bad performance overall, just undone by a poor mistake from the young lad at the back and a suspect refereeing decision. I feel bit sorry for Williams, thrown in at the deep end and struggling with the level. He did pretty well in his first couple of games, but yesterday was a tough test against Rashfords pace and with Trent playing such and advanced role, there is no hiding place.
In other games he might have help from Henderson filling gaps for him, but didnt have that luxury against united either.
Two goals from Salah and a much better press and energy in midfield is at least something to build on, but they will wat to break the run with out a win ASAP.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

trailer

Quote from: StPatsAbu on January 24, 2021, 08:52:18 PM
Quote from: trailer on January 24, 2021, 08:41:07 PM
Klopp on a bad bad run. Wonder if he can survive this?

I'd expect Liverpool's most successful manager in 40 years won't get sacked over being given a lesson by Ole's reserves.

1 win in 7 and that was against Villa U-16s. Relegation form in anyone's eyes.

laoislad

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on January 25, 2021, 09:15:48 AM
Quote from: J70 on January 24, 2021, 11:07:14 PM

I would agree there J70, i didnt think it was  a bad performance overall, just undone by a poor mistake from the young lad at the back and a suspect refereeing decision. I feel bit sorry for Williams, thrown in at the deep end and struggling with the level. He did pretty well in his first couple of games, but yesterday was a tough test against Rashfords pace and with Trent playing such and advanced role, there is no hiding place.
In other games he might have help from Henderson filling gaps for him, but didnt have that luxury against united either.
Two goals from Salah and a much better press and energy in midfield is at least something to build on, but they will wat to break the run with out a win ASAP.
Definitely an improvement and probably unlucky not to win as they were the better team in the second half, when we equalised there was only one team in it for large periods until that soft free kick they got.
Probably a missed opportunity really and would have done the confidence the world of good to beat them but all things considered it was a good performance and hopefully bring some of that into the Spurs game on Thursday.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: reillycavan on January 24, 2021, 09:07:51 PM
Quote from: laoislad on January 24, 2021, 07:41:46 PM
Quote from: StPatsAbu on January 24, 2021, 07:39:45 PM
Quote from: thebigfella on January 24, 2021, 07:15:20 PM
Quote from: StPatsAbu on January 24, 2021, 06:56:24 PM
Quote from: thebigfella on January 24, 2021, 05:27:26 PM
Quote from: reillycavan on January 24, 2021, 05:24:58 PM
Game over.

Yes, can't see Utd coming back from here

Lol. Both contenders for posts of the year so far  ;D

I was taking the piss, it was posted after the Utd goal  ;)

Sorry big fella. Fcukwit post of the year to date goes to reillycavan then ;) :D
Anyone who thinks reilycavan is a Liverpool fan and not a WUM is a bigger eejit than reilycavan himself.

I'm not a liverpool supporter. Notts Forest is my team.

No it isn't. No Forest fan ever used 'Notts'

laoislad

Seems to be a rumour building it's Williams and Matip in defence tonight and Fabinho won't be involved at all.

J70

blewuporstuffed

Williams played against spurs in the first game and did well, but alot has changed since then  :-\
I'm hoping Fabinho was just away for a shite or something when those training photos where taken  :-[
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

gawa316

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on January 28, 2021, 05:43:04 PM
Williams played against spurs in the first game and did well, but alot has changed since then  :-\
I'm hoping Fabinho was just away for a shite or something when those training photos where taken  :-[

In the picture doing the rounds he sitting in a dugout with the rest of the players in the centre circle. AT least he is there but I'm thinking its not good that he isn't with the rest of them...hope I'm wrong

JoG2

Quote from: gawa316 on January 28, 2021, 05:52:50 PM

In the picture doing the rounds he sitting in a dugout with the rest of the players in the centre circle. AT least he is there but I'm thinking its not good that he isn't with the rest of them...hope I'm wrong

Matip and Phillips the CH pairing apparently. Henderson in midfield

gawa316

Quote from: JoG2 on January 28, 2021, 06:01:46 PM

Where did you read that?

J70

So we'll have Williams and Phillips for West Ham away at the weekend. :)

Matip ain't playing two games in less than four days.

JoG2

Quote from: gawa316 on January 28, 2021, 06:03:31 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on January 28, 2021, 06:01:46 PM

Where did you read that?

A good friend over in Liverpool, with a 'word on the street' caveat pre team lineup

laoislad

Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Henderson, Matip, Robertson, Thiago, Milner, Wijnaldum, Salah, Firmino Mane.

Matip and Hendo are centre back.