The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blewuporstuffed

united looking shakey at the back but dangerous on the break
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

From the Bunker

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Easy free kick to give, knee knocked back of knee of other player. Simples

Better game than the last game
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

thebigfella

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: trileacman on January 22, 2021, 06:24:55 PM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on January 22, 2021, 01:02:53 AM
Quote from: trileacman on January 22, 2021, 12:31:42 AM
Pundits completely missing the point again. Loss of the centre halfs has nothing to do with it. I don't even see the need to buy one unless we trade Matip out. It's not our defence that's the problem it's the attack and in particular Firmino. He's done, past it. When he's in form we're unstoppable like against Cyrstal Palace but those days are as rare as hens teeth. He's constantly butchering chances, slowing down the attack, taking the wrong option. If we'd an absolute world class centre forward it would solve a lot of our problems. A goal scorer with a very good touch who can link the play with those around him. The 2 best players in the world at it are lewandoski and Haland. Lewandoski is past it so unless anyone else knows a 9 who likes to play on the break but can also bring other players into it when holding the ball up.

The next big problem is TAA. He's bad, like so bad that I'd play anyone ahead of him at right back. His form is even worse than Firmino, everything he touches is turning to shit. His greatest assest, his passing is completely gone awry, if he doesn't get a good break from the 1st team he'll never get over this slump. I don't know if its mental or burnout or what his problem is but he needs a good break from football to clear his head.

Lastly Klopp is letting us down badly against these teams who sit back and play narrow. We're constantly trying to play through the centre and getting nowhere. The team needs to either play crosses in behind the defence from 30 yards or else run the sideline and get in behind the full backs to get in crosses. Balls delivered into the box between keeper and a backtracking defence punishes teams with a lot of men back because there's a much greater chance someone will poke the ball past their own keeper. We spent the entire last 30 mins trying to play the ball through 10 men camped on the edge of the box. It was never going to work.

Lewandowski isnt finished, hes the best striker in the world and has been for a few years. We'll not be signing him though anyway.

We need a new 9. Firmino's done. My point was that at 33 Lewandoski is on the downslope of his career and not a lad we would be signing. I meant he was past his best which is what I imagine his last season will prove to be.

He has scored 23 goals in 17 games this season you lunatic.

Thats more than Jota, Mane,  Firmino, Windalum and Keita combined

StPatsAbu

Quote from: thebigfella on January 24, 2021, 07:15:20 PM
Quote from: StPatsAbu on January 24, 2021, 06:56:24 PM
Quote from: thebigfella on January 24, 2021, 05:27:26 PM
Quote from: reillycavan on January 24, 2021, 05:24:58 PM
Game over.

Yes, can't see Utd coming back from here

Lol. Both contenders for posts of the year so far  ;D

I was taking the piss, it was posted after the Utd goal  ;)

Sorry big fella. Fcukwit post of the year to date goes to reillycavan then ;) :D

laoislad

Quote from: StPatsAbu on January 24, 2021, 07:39:45 PM
Quote from: thebigfella on January 24, 2021, 07:15:20 PM
Quote from: StPatsAbu on January 24, 2021, 06:56:24 PM
Quote from: thebigfella on January 24, 2021, 05:27:26 PM
Quote from: reillycavan on January 24, 2021, 05:24:58 PM
Game over.

Yes, can't see Utd coming back from here

Lol. Both contenders for posts of the year so far  ;D

I was taking the piss, it was posted after the Utd goal  ;)

Sorry big fella. Fcukwit post of the year to date goes to reillycavan then ;) :D
Anyone who thinks reilycavan is a Liverpool fan and not a WUM is a bigger eejit than reilycavan himself.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

From the Bunker

At 2-2 Liverpool were going for the Jugular to wrap the game up in normal time. At 3-2 I doubt Klopp was interested in another half hour of Football.

Rhys Williams did not enjoy any of that this evening.  :-\

JoG2

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 24, 2021, 06:57:55 PM

This... Why the game is pretty much unwatchable these days.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JoG2 on January 24, 2021, 07:54:23 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 24, 2021, 06:57:55 PM

This... Why the game is pretty much unwatchable these days.

You can't tackle from behind.. the attacker was in front.. that's the rules, whether they are right or wrong it's the ruling. In fairness there wasn't  much complaints from the Liverpool lads on the pitch when it was given.