The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StGallsGAA

Quote from: laoislad on June 07, 2017, 07:21:10 PM
Quote from: Minder on June 07, 2017, 06:59:52 PM
Withdrawn interest in Van Diijk  :o
There were reports Southampton were looking for £75 million. Don't blame them for withdrawing interest if that's the case.
Is he that good that he would help Liverpool concede say 30 goals less next season? Because if you were buying a striker for £75 million you would be expecting him to score at least 30.
The apology would suggest it's less to do with the price and more to do with fear of a tapping up rap and possible transfer ban.   Btw you don't buy defenders so they can help you concede goals!  ;)

Minder

I thought tapping up was an accepted part of transfers
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

gawa316

Fecking embarrassing...I'd say Southampton showed Liverpool the evidence and said walk away or we'll send it to the FA.

Absolute ridiculous f**k up all round

Syferus

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on June 07, 2017, 07:17:48 PM
Quote from: StGallsGAA on June 07, 2017, 07:13:18 PM
Quote from: Minder on June 07, 2017, 06:59:52 PM
Withdrawn interest in Van Diijk  :o

The Liverpool.Way?

It seems a complete balls up the way this has been handled.
Im sure both Klopp and Van Djik are not happy

It's their own damn faults. Hilarious stuff.

Boycey

He'll still sign for Liverpool but it'll probably add another £5m to the fee.

laoislad

Quote from: gawa316 on June 07, 2017, 07:53:57 PM
Fecking embarrassing...I'd say Southampton showed Liverpool the evidence and said walk away or we'll send it to the FA.

Wouldn't be shocked if he still signed to be honest.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

gawa316

Quote from: laoislad on June 07, 2017, 08:03:38 PM

Who knows but never seen an official statement like that come out of any club

Minder

Quote from: gawa316 on June 07, 2017, 08:11:03 PM
Quote from: laoislad on June 07, 2017, 08:03:38 PM

Who knows but never seen an official statement like that come out of any club

Wouldn't be surprised if FSG didn't fancy stumping up.

StGallsGAA

Since Southampton want to cash in on him would you not expect them just to ask Liverpool for more money rather that telling them to walk?? 

Minder

Quote from: StGallsGAA on June 07, 2017, 08:22:43 PM

Since Southampton want to cash in on him would you not expect them just to ask Liverpool for more money rather that telling them to walk??

Think they probably fancy a bidding war with Chelsea & City

StGallsGAA

Quote from: Minder on June 07, 2017, 08:23:50 PM

So if they fancy a bidding war why tell one party to GTF?   Does that hike the price?

TabClear

Quote from: StGallsGAA on June 07, 2017, 10:12:04 PM

So if they fancy a bidding war why tell one party to GTF?   Does that hike the price?

Might take the players preferred option but least financially capable  out of th he equation if the stories were true. Get the deepest pockets to the table. 

Pity as he is what is needed.

StGallsGAA

Quote from: TabClear on June 07, 2017, 10:21:48 PM

Might take the players preferred option but least financially capable  out of th he equation if the stories were true. Get the deepest pockets to the table. 

Ok so Southampton have expressed faux outrage and threatened FA action to get rid of VVDs preferred club, but relative pauper in the whole saga?  All seems a bit strange.  "Ok Virgil son,  we know you wanted to go to Merseyside but you can't as the scallys have been caught with their pants down, so now you have to go to a bigger club for more money!"  :o

J70

Amateur hour again at Liverpool when it comes to transfers. :-[

Bodes well for building out the squad and strengthening the first eleven for Champions League, doesn't it?

TabClear

Quote from: StGallsGAA on June 07, 2017, 10:39:45 PM
Quote from: TabClear on June 07, 2017, 10:21:48 PM

Ok so Southampton have expressed faux outrage and threatened FA action to get rid of VVDs preferred club, but relative pauper in the whole saga?  All seems a bit strange.  "Ok Virgil son,  we know you wanted to go to Merseyside but you can't as the scallys have been caught with their pants down, so now you have to go to a bigger club for more money!"  :o

if he was telling city, Chelsea et Al he wanted to go to Anfield  those clubs may start to consider other options.Southampton would rather City and Chelsea were both going all out in a bidding war rather than Liverpool and a half interested City.