The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tiempo

The problem Liverpool etc. have regards VVD is that they didn't have the balls to buy him 18 months ago from Celtic when it was glaringly obvious he would be a perfect fit for a top 6 club. He was lording it in Scotland - ok not much of a barometer, but it was so clear that he had the attributes and ability to perform at the top level.

Now those clubs face paying Southampton £50m instread of the £10m to Celtic. It is a complete failure in the top clubs scouting networks to miss a player like VVD, and complete snobbery not to take a player from the Scottish league.

I can't see how he is worth anything remotely near £50m. It is said that the hardest thing to do in football is put the ball in the net, for £50m I'd be expecting 10+ goals from a defender, 20+ from a midfielder, and 30+ from a striker.

Liverpool now need to go back to the drawing board and find the next VVD from wherever. Proper talent acquisition at a price that constitutes value for money. They need to buy two £20m players and a £10m player for their first team by doing the hard yards scouting and putting their faith in someone with an eye for talent, not Ian Eyre or anyone of that ilk - utter mugs. But they love having their pants ripped down by mid table clubs and there is nothing to suggest the trend is about to end.

For £50m a player should be coming in and making a world of difference to a team, literally climbing 2 league positions for a team like Liverpool in their current state and adding leadership to the squad. VD is still a fantastic prospect but not the finished article, playing alongside Lovern and the likes wont do much for him, he needs a £30m defender in beside him to make him a £40m defender.

Last word reserved for the most over-rated player of the current generation, Pogba. This guy is a show pony and an absolute criminal waste of money on Utd part - thats if you can make peace in the first place with any club buying a meat suit for any amount of millions nevermind £90m! Like I said those huge transfer fees should guarantee goals, alas Pogba bagged 5 in a truely pathetic first season.

TabClear

Apparently Southampton owner might be forced to sell to settle tax bill.

Asking price about £200m. FSG could just buy the club, merge the two and forget about the annual summer tango between the two!!! Their scouting department alone must be worth £200m given their track record. 

:-X 8)

johnneycool

Quote from: tiempo on June 08, 2017, 09:48:14 AM
The problem Liverpool etc. have regards VVD is that they didn't have the balls to buy him 18 months ago from Celtic when it was glaringly obvious he would be a perfect fit for a top 6 club. He was lording it in Scotland - ok not much of a barometer, but it was so clear that he had the attributes and ability to perform at the top level.

Now those clubs face paying Southampton £50m instread of the £10m to Celtic. It is a complete failure in the top clubs scouting networks to miss a player like VVD, and complete snobbery not to take a player from the Scottish league.

I can't see how he is worth anything remotely near £50m. It is said that the hardest thing to do in football is put the ball in the net, for £50m I'd be expecting 10+ goals from a defender, 20+ from a midfielder, and 30+ from a striker.

Liverpool now need to go back to the drawing board and find the next VVD from wherever. Proper talent acquisition at a price that constitutes value for money. They need to buy two £20m players and a £10m player for their first team by doing the hard yards scouting and putting their faith in someone with an eye for talent, not Ian Eyre or anyone of that ilk - utter mugs. But they love having their pants ripped down by mid table clubs and there is nothing to suggest the trend is about to end.

For £50m a player should be coming in and making a world of difference to a team, literally climbing 2 league positions for a team like Liverpool in their current state and adding leadership to the squad. VD is still a fantastic prospect but not the finished article, playing alongside Lovern and the likes wont do much for him, he needs a £30m defender in beside him to make him a £40m defender.

Last word reserved for the most over-rated player of the current generation, Pogba. This guy is a show pony and an absolute criminal waste of money on Utd part - thats if you can make peace in the first place with any club buying a meat suit for any amount of millions nevermind £90m! Like I said those huge transfer fees should guarantee goals, alas Pogba bagged 5 in a truely pathetic first season.

The EPL is awash with money and these transfer fees reflect that, £50M is now the going rate for a good defender which VVD most certainly is.
Liverpool don't shop in the same places as the mega rich clubs and were trying a bit of skulduggery to get him on the cheap and have been caught out. A transfer embargo is the last thing Klopp needs as he's got a lot of deadwood to shift on and replace.

Megaman

Liverpool are the only club willing to Spend that sort of money on VVD, so i wouldn't say its totally finished yet.

Minder

Quote from: Megaman on June 08, 2017, 11:09:15 AM
Liverpool are the only club willing to Spend that sort of money on VVD, so i wouldn't say its totally finished yet.

I don't think it is either
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

johnneycool

Quote from: Megaman on June 08, 2017, 11:09:15 AM

I reckon City, Arsenal and possibly Manu are in the market for a central defender and VVD fits the bill. If City stumped up £50m for Stones they won't think twice about it for VVD.

Dire Ear

Quote from: TabClear on June 08, 2017, 10:28:55 AM

Asking price about £200m. FSG could just buy the club, merge the two and forget about the annual summer tango between the two!!! Their scouting department alone must be worth £200m given their track record. 

Brilliant,  just buy the scout !!

Gabriel_Hurl

Solanke seems to be doing a job for England at the U20 World Cup

TabClear

Quote from: Dire Ear on June 08, 2017, 12:54:44 PM
Quote from: TabClear on June 08, 2017, 10:28:55 AM

Brilliant,  just buy the scout !!

Off the top of my head

Bale
Walcott
Ox hamberlain
Mane
Llanna
Clyne
Van Dijk
Schnerderlin
Shaw
Lovren

What's the markup on these guys compared to what Southampton paid? Scouts are the real money men! !

In all seriousness I wonder how much poaching goes on with these backroom guys.  That's a pretty serous track record above

supersub

You can't say that. He could have been a monster in scotland and folded when he came to England. As it turns out he didn't, but you couldn't say it was glaringly obviously he would have been as successful as he was.

stew

I am going to go ahead and assume you never played a minute in a defence, any goal you get from a back is a bonus, VVD is a tremendous centre back and he jib first and foremist would have been to bolster greatly a weak Liverpool defence, he would have easily done that but liverpool should be ashamed of themselves for the way they handled this debacle.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

TabClear

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on June 08, 2017, 01:26:22 PM

He won player of the tournament. Previous winners of the award include Diego Maradona, Lionel Messi, Luis Figo, Sergio Aguero and Paul Pogba. I d take the first 4 to Anfield anyway. ..

heganboy

And while Mbappe would be a great buy, I don't see Liverpool paying the ask. Maybe I'm just resigned to the same auld summer of dashed hopes.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Boycey

Quote from: TabClear on June 11, 2017, 08:18:48 PM

He won player of the tournament. Previous winners of the award include Diego Maradona, Lionel Messi, Luis Figo, Sergio Aguero and Paul Pogba. I d take the first 4 to Anfield anyway. ..

Aye that Pogba would never get in Liverpool side..

Capt Pat

Quote from: Boycey on June 11, 2017, 09:31:45 PM
Quote from: TabClear on June 11, 2017, 08:18:48 PM

Aye that Pogba would never get in Liverpool side..

That would be funny if it wasn't almost true.