The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TabClear

Firmino is missing couthinho. They have a really good understanding and work well togethere.  I wish he would just pull the trigger when he gets a chance. A lot of the time he seems  to be looking for the perfect opening whereas the volley he struck shows how good he is technically.

lurganblue

Watched the second half of this last night. Brutal stuff in general.  Was very one sided from what i was able to catch.  Everton have nothing exciting about them at all (although wee Seamus is a class act).

Barkely should have got the line. Another over hyped English player.

J70

Quote from: AZOffaly on December 19, 2016, 10:41:14 PM
Did anyone else go 'Oh f**k no' when Lucas came on after the goal?

It did cross my mind that a free on the edge of the box was a possibility! ;D

J70

Speaking of frees, Liverpool badly need to find a free taker. They'd one about ten yards outside the box which they ended up not even attempting a shot from. And it has been appalling since Suarez and Gerrard left.

I'm struggling to think of a goal scored direct from a free since then, apart from the Coutinho one at Arsenal. Sturridge hit the bar in the UEFA Cup at Old Trafford, but have they even come close apart from that?

Henderson lines up, and you know, with certainly, its going over the bar.

A big shortcoming in a team which hopes to make Champions League and challenge for the title.

The Stallion

3 of last seasons top 4 teams failed to score more than 1 direct free kick all season.

J70

Quote from: The Stallion on December 20, 2016, 04:25:00 PM
3 of last seasons top 4 teams failed to score more than 1 direct free kick all season.

Seriously?

Shows you what I know! ;D

Wonder what the stats usually are though? Was last season typical?

Taylor

All smiles in here today I see.
Poor poor game but Liverpool showing resolve that has not been on show in recent years

Gabriel_Hurl

Firmino arrested for drink driving - the idiot

gawa316

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on December 26, 2016, 02:14:37 PM

Court date is Jan 31st the day we play Chelsea!

Never get my head around these millionaires even contemplating drink driver

From the Bunker

Danny Murphy said on MOTD that when he and the (Liverpool) Lads were going for a night out, they'd hire a group of professional minders for the night. The minders would get them to the nightclubs they wanted to go to. Keep them away from Drunk dickheads! Women lokking for a Papp shot; Get them home safely at the end of the night and all for a handful of money in comparison to their wages.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: gawa316 on December 26, 2016, 03:52:05 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on December 26, 2016, 02:14:37 PM

Court date is Jan 31st the day we play Chelsea!

Never get my head around these millionaires even contemplating drink driver

While it was an idiotic thing to do it will make no odds in terms of the game. He won't be in court that day as he doesn't have to appear. Really stupid thing to do though

Milltown Row2

No backlash from Klopp? Would they have an internal discipline process
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

SHEEDY

t-shirts have been printed for tomorrow night,
nil satis nisi optimum

ashman

Not a Liverpool fan but surely he is entitled to due process ???

brokencrossbar1

There's none so bitter as those in Woodison! 

Quote from: ashman on December 26, 2016, 08:52:21 PM
Not a Liverpool fan but surely he is entitled to due process ???

Yeah but drink driving is generally 100% guilty if arrested.