The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armamike

Quote from: The Stallion on March 09, 2016, 10:57:57 AM
I don't think it was just "a luck". Obviously City have bigger fish to fry, competing for the Champions League. When it mattered a bit more to City in their previous encounter, they tore Liverpool apart and should have won comfortably in normal time.

Don't think so. Their fish are swimming about in the premier league.
That's just, like your opinion man.

The Stallion

You may not think so but it is a statement of fact.

gawa316

So big game tomorrow night then.

I guess the only decisions Klopp has to make is in the center of defence and the attacking midfielders. Kolo has been great of late and I would actually start him over Sakho. Lallana has also played well lately but not sure he'll get the start.

Thinking something like this...

----------------Mig----------------
Clyne-----Kolo-----Lovern---Moreno
-------Milner--Can--Hendo-------
-----Firmino--------Coutinho---
-------------Sturridge--------

Maybe Milner pushed up more on the right and Firmino directly behind Sturridge

muppet

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/35768847

Right I am putting this UTD v Liverpool quiz on both threads.

I am a gunner and got 9/10. So United and Liverpool fans should be beating that.

Post your score honestly and anyone that doesn't match 9/10 should voluntarily not post on either thread for a month.
MWWSI 2017

deiseach

9/10. Anyone who gets 10/10 will have to admit to being familiar with the contents of a footballer's autobiography.

J70

Quote from: muppet on March 10, 2016, 01:51:02 PM

I am a gunner and got 9/10. So United and Liverpool fans should be beating that.

Post your score honestly and anyone that doesn't match 9/10 should voluntarily not post on either thread for a month.

9/10

Had no idea who made the comment on the white suits

Hound

Quote from: deiseach on March 10, 2016, 01:55:12 PM
9/10. Anyone who gets 10/10 will have to admit to being familiar with the contents of a footballer's autobiography.
Ditto, the only one I had to guess I got wrong.

Billys Boots

Am a proud Leeds fan, and got 3/10, so I'll be happy to continue not to post on either forum.  :D
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

highorlow

With Lallana , Coutinio, Firmino and Sturridge all in for Pool it looks like Utd could get a thumping tonight?

No Rooney either for ManU.

My question for the soccery lads is that the Pool are 7/2 at -1 goal. Is this a good value bet?
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Hound

And while the white suits were obviously a mistake, it really bugs me that people actually think they made a blind bit of difference to the outcome of the match! Dire game, both teams rubbish going forward, neither keeper had a save to make, settled by a late David James mistake

Hound

Quote from: highorlow on March 10, 2016, 02:24:43 PM
With Lallana , Coutinio, Firmino and Sturridge all in for Pool it looks like Utd could get a thumping tonight?

No Rooney either for ManU.

My question for the soccery lads is that the Pool are 7/2 at -1 goal. Is this a good value bet?
Value bets for me:

Correct score: Liverpool 0 ManU 1
Handicap: Liverpool -2.5

The Stallion

Liverpool should win comfortably. Utd's team is even worse than Liverpool's.

mikehunt

Quote from: The Stallion on March 10, 2016, 03:05:37 PM
Liverpool should win comfortably. Utd's team is even worse than Liverpool's.

Man U would have to be favourites. Champions League team this year with massive investment on players. Being able to spunk €40m on a previously unheard of Martial shows the clout they have. Should be able for a Liverpool team who have to rely on free transfers with the likes of Kolo, Milner and Ings. If Utd don't win then serious questions need asking of their manager.

Clov

Quote from: muppet on March 10, 2016, 01:51:02 PM

8/10
I knew about Rush's record against United yet sort of forgot about it.

My contributions to either thread will not be missed  :P

Liverpool to win 2-0 tonight!
"One of the most salient features of our culture is that there is so much bullshit"

muppet

Quote from: Hound on March 10, 2016, 02:58:37 PM
And while the white suits were obviously a mistake, it really bugs me that people actually think they made a blind bit of difference to the outcome of the match! Dire game, both teams rubbish going forward, neither keeper had a save to make, settled by a late David James mistake

I remember re-reading Lawrenson's preview again after the match.
It was uncanny.

He predicted the score, the boredom, the scorer and the man of the match.

MWWSI 2017