The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deiseach

An act of adolescent rebellion would have been to follow Longford Town, not Liverpool. Overall though, that was a good piece.

Milltown Row2

Went for a 3 nil

Edit... Cash out
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

annapr

We can relax now, Milltown has told us what bet he put on  ::)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: annapr on January 20, 2016, 08:06:10 PM
We can relax now, Milltown has told us what bet he put on  ::)

I didn't ask you to relax.... But considering how you lot play at home its a big gamble! Good to see Allen score, will keep him at the club for a while more
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

stiffler

GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

laoislad

Lovely goal from Ojo.
Ojo, Teixeira and Brad Smith could have big future's ahead of them.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Milltown Row2

cavan4sam

Tony Barrett ‏@TonyBarretTimes  1h 1 hour ago
Liverpool have made a €32m offer for Alex Teixeira but Shakhtar Donetsk are seeking closer to €50m for the attacker.

AZOffaly

Ian Ayre is out there apparently. I took a look at youtube for him, and of course there's goals there, but I'm more interested in where he's picking up the ball, his style of running etc. You never see what he's like closing down lads, but at least he looks a lot more like a poor man's Alexis Sanchez rather than a poor man's Andy Carroll.

Jaysus looking at Benteke last night was like a rerun of watching Mario Balotelli. Up front on his own, zero movement. Jogging everywhere, or walking. Token efforts at closing down, and generally looking disinterested and uncomfortable in what he was being asked to do. I think he's a good player, but he does not fit the rest of this Liverpool team. So either we start again, and build a team around him, or we just get rid of him. Obviously the final option is he reinvents himself, but I suspect the answer will be more around getting rid of him, or using him as a bit part player ad nauseum.

Mayo4Sam

Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

AZOffaly

Yeah, don't look at the goals. Look at the way he moves, and what his instincts are. Never mind the Limerick District League defending :)

laoislad

I said when we bought him that Benteke was just the black Andy Carroll.
Don't think anyone agreed with me.
Last attack of the game last night summed Benteke up for me. Through on goal and he somehow ends up bringing the ball out over the end line. One of the youngfellas on the team last night would have scored in the same position.
In fairness it was a fantastic pass from him for Teixeira's goal but he just isn't good enough overall.
I heard Danny Murphy talking about how Liverpool need to adapt to Benteke. I think Danny is talking bollocks.
I don't see Klopp is going to change his whole philosophy to suit one player.
He'll be gone in the summer imo.

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

AZOffaly

Quote from: laoislad on January 21, 2016, 12:01:53 PM
I said when we bought him that Benteke was just the black Andy Carroll.
Don't think anyone agreed with me.
Last attack of the game last night summed Benteke up for me. Through on goal and he somehow ends up bringing the ball out over the end line. One of the youngfellas on the team last night would have scored in the same position.
In fairness it was a fantastic pass from him for Teixeira's goal but he just isn't good enough overall.
I heard Danny Murphy talking about how Liverpool need to adapt to Benteke. I think Danny is talking bollocks.
I don't see Klopp is going to change his whole philosophy to suit one player.
He'll be gone in the summer imo.

I didn't agree with you about Andy Carroll, but I didn't agree with the signing. I couldn't see how he provided the mobility LFC need.

Hound

Quote from: laoislad on January 20, 2016, 09:58:20 PM
Lovely goal from Ojo.
Ojo, Teixeira and Brad Smith could have big future's ahead of them.
Tex is a lovely footballer. Would love to see him get more chances. But he's already 23. So I reckon that unfortunately he's going to be another Suso, Pacheco type and not going to make it in the PL.

Great goal by Ojo. Not sure he'll make it. I think Brannigan might be better. But we'll see.

I'd like to see Brad Smith get a couple of PL starts, to see how he does compared to Moreno.

I thought Joe Allen was the best player on the pitch. Playing as well as he ever has this season, although not getting enough game time to really prove that one way or the other.

Feckin hate Benteke. That was probably the best game he's had, and he's still a waste of space. If Sturridge, Origi and Ings weren't all injured we could have offloaded him back to Villa in this window and they would have paid £25-£30m for him given their desperate position. Owen has his measure completely - although that only means its blatantly obvious how poor he is!