The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bingo

International game comes at a good time for Liverpool. Help get yesterday out of the system.

Lots of ifs, buts and maybes re Refs etc. Didn't expect anything from him yesterday and he had no choice on the red. As for the other things, they even themselves over the course of the season....or something.

Will hopefully be a few twists yet but the top 4 as it stands are massively in the driving seat.

Arsenal game could the nail in Liverpools coffin if they don't get the win.

Can we please put Sterling alongside Sturridge. Sterling is lost outwide and Sturridge is lost on his own. Should be easily fixed.

DuffleKing

Quote from: Mikhailov on March 23, 2015, 08:57:12 AM
Quote from: DuffleKing on March 23, 2015, 08:42:46 AM
I think you're referring to the offence of 'deliberate handball' which is entirely different notion to what you saw with Di Maria.

Generally, I think even referees have lost sight of what a deliberate handball offence is, particularly around the penalty area. Unless it's cognitive and arms moving toward the ball it can't be deliberate,  especially when a ball is driven at a defender from 5 yards... Arms have rights too.

I am referring to the offence 'deliberate handball' which is exactly what DiMaria done....he caught the ball in mid flight as it was heading out of play but was still 5 yards inside the sideline....are you trying to say that his arms are in the position all the time and the ball just happened to land there :-\. the reality is that if done that in the penalty box then it is a straight red so why not a straight red when it happened elsewhere on the pitch....

5 yards inside the sideline?

Deliberate, to me, infers that he knew the ball wasn't out and handled it to gain an advantage. Now I don't profess to be a soccer expert but it looked to me that he lost his bearings, thought the ball was out and caught it to take a throw in. Thierry Henry or Diego Maradona were famous "deliberate" examples.

You seriously believe that Di Maria intended to cause a handball offence in that instance to ascertain an advantage?

mb80b60

Quote from: Bingo on March 23, 2015, 09:48:41 AM
International game comes at a good time for Liverpool. Help get yesterday out of the system.

Lots of ifs, buts and maybes re Refs etc. Didn't expect anything from him yesterday and he had no choice on the red. As for the other things, they even themselves over the course of the season....or something.

Will hopefully be a few twists yet but the top 4 as it stands are massively in the driving seat.

Can we please put Sterling alongside Sturridge. Sterling is lost outwide and Sturridge is lost on his own. Should be easily fixed.

I think it will have the opposite effect.  Usually footballers like to have a game soon after a defeat to right the wrongs.  Liverpool now have 2 weeks to mull over yesterday's loss.

Can see Arsenal stuffing Liverpool when they return.

Bingo

Quote from: mb80b60 on March 23, 2015, 10:21:00 AM

I think it will have the opposite effect.  Usually footballers like to have a game soon after a defeat to right the wrongs.  Liverpool now have 2 weeks to mull over yesterday's loss.

When the next game is a must win at Arsenal away, I think the break is welcome.

Milltown Row2

A draw would be a decent result.... For Utd lol
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

annapr

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 23, 2015, 10:29:42 AM

Is putting lol at the end of every post a trademark of yours?

AZOffaly

There's no way Di Maria meant to catch that ball in the field of play. He lost his bearings completely. Skrtel is lucky he didn't get the line at the end, and I wouldn't be surprised if he is charged.

I was very disappointed in Sterling yesterday as well, he's in a bit of a funk at the moment, and I hope it's not this stupid contract situation. Joe Allen was poor as well, as was Lallana in the first half. I was glad to see Gerrard coming on for Lallana, but the less said about his cameo the better. I thought Skrtel and Sakho were good yesterday, for most of the game at least. Moreno was ropey, and Can wasn't as assured as he normally is. It was a good lesson for a young team though. Don't believe all the hype, you still have to go out and play the game, and they were bossed around by a solid team yesterday for most of the game. I was happy to see the bit of heart and fight, led by Henderson and Countinho, and I think that will stand them in good stead, but yesterday was a chastening experience for most of them, and United by far deserved the win.

Thewildcat

is that the same sterling thats looking for 13000 grand a week after yesterday display i give him 25 quid. but a midfield of Henderson,joe Allen, Adam Lallana will not get you top 4 as poor as the english league is.

JoG2

Quote from: Thewildcat on March 23, 2015, 11:26:11 AM
is that the same sterling thats looking for 13000 grand a week after yesterday display i give him 25 quid. but a midfield of Henderson,joe Allen, Adam Lallana will not get you top 4 as poor as the english league is.

there's not a footballer in the world should be paid anywhere near 130,000 / week in fairness the 'cat

Milltown Row2

Quote from: annapr on March 23, 2015, 10:40:29 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 23, 2015, 10:29:42 AM

Is putting lol at the end of every post a trademark of yours?

NO, he he
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

shawshank

Would you prefer that the owners/share holders get more money then?

JoG2

Quote from: shawshank on March 23, 2015, 11:36:46 AM
Would you prefer that the owners/share holders get more money then?

I'd prefer ticket prices, merch, tours etc etc etc lowered & matches to be on free to air (like the good old days). . That's me in la la land though. John Terry earns more in a week than 2 brain surgeons earn combined in a year. Insane 

AZOffaly

Quote from: Thewildcat on March 23, 2015, 11:26:11 AM

Henderson has been very good this season, and is one of the reasons for Liverpool's good form. Joe Allen has been very good in the past 3 or 4 games, but was poor yesterday. Lallana has been a bit up and down all year.

cockahoop

Any doubts people had about Steven Gerard leaving g should be well gone now,in the space if a year he has lost Liverpool the title and now has pretty much cost them a top four finish.

Maroon Manc

How many games will Gerrard & Skertel be banned for?