The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

supersub

Good to hear, he has been magic the last while.

Bingo

Will be a tricky tie tonight and never liked going to Bolton in the past. Hopefully its as poor attended as in the past and the away end is packed.

Couple of early first half goals be very nice but I think it be far from easy. A few will be rested as the schedule after this is hectic with some massive games that will effectively dictate season over the month of Feb and early March.

AZOffaly

Good win tonight. Hard going, but probably didn't deserve to go 1 down, and then it looked like it wasn't going to go in for them. What a pass by Can for Sterling's equaliser, and what a strike by Coutinho. Good that it didn't go to extra time as well.

heganboy

Bolton did very well, unlucky with that deflection for the Coutinho goal. Quality pressing at the end for the winner.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Captain Obvious

Bolton might have won but for the foolish sending off. That hard earned win should bring Liverpool on.

gawa316

Quote from: Captain Obvious on February 04, 2015, 09:47:49 PM
Bolton might have won but for the foolish sending off. That hard earned win should bring Liverpool on.

They should not have been in a winning position to start with, but good win all the same and in the hat

AZOffaly

Quote from: heganboy on February 04, 2015, 09:43:50 PM
Bolton did very well, unlucky with that deflection for the Coutinho goal. Quality pressing at the end for the winner.

God if that was deflected it was a tiny, tiny deflection.

Armamike

Hard fought win. Bolton kicked lumps out of Liverpool, particularly Sterling, over the 2 games. Wouldn't have any sympathy for them with the sending off. Two great pieces of quality to win it. Couldn't see it happening to be honest, with the number of bodies in the Bolton defence. Was shouting at the tv for Borini to get the hell out of Sturridge's way and just let him play.
That's just, like your opinion man.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 04, 2015, 10:00:38 PM
Quote from: heganboy on February 04, 2015, 09:43:50 PM

God if that was deflected it was a tiny, tiny deflection.
I couldn't see any deflection either  ???

Fantastic pass from Can (who was excellent tonight)  for sterling's goal.
Sahko good tonight again as well.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

heganboy

it was a great goal to start with, f he did that without the deflection they were chatting about on the telly, then that's a hell of a strike, the dip it took was brilliant
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Tony Baloney

Good win. Back on track after the match against Chelsea and momentum on the up again. Defeat from a dodgy penalty would have been a real kick in the teeth.

moysider

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 04, 2015, 10:38:48 PM
Good win. Back on track after the match against Chelsea and momentum on the up again. Defeat from a dodgy penalty would have been a real kick in the teeth.

Stone-wall penalty. I called it before ref blew his whistle. Clough is some little player and he did Big Martin. No way it couldn t have been a peno imo. We got very lucky with Gudjohnsen's missed header. That was the game.

But overall that was a good performance - the last while has been good. The change of formation has suited the players (the better ones) and its a different side from first 4 months of season.

Johnson obviously has no future. Maybe it s just me but I just curl up when Allen is about. Whoever suggested Mario was a good idea should be ran. Wouldn t mind Lambert - type of lad you could drink bitter with all day or shoot out a bit of fishing line.
I m now kinda regretting losing Gerrard. Looks like he is playing better now the team has more about them.

Over the Bar

The referee was obviously part of the "Get Gerrard to Wembley" campaign!

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: moysider on February 05, 2015, 12:35:52 AM

Stone-wall penalty. I called it before ref blew his whistle. Clough is some little player and he did Big Martin. No way it couldn t have been a peno imo. We got very lucky with Gudjohnsen's missed header. That was the game.

But overall that was a good performance - the last while has been good. The change of formation has suited the players (the better ones) and its a different side from first 4 months of season.

Johnson obviously has no future. Maybe it s just me but I just curl up when Allen is about. Whoever suggested Mario was a good idea should be ran. Wouldn t mind Lambert - type of lad you could drink bitter with all day or shoot out a bit of fishing line.
I m now kinda regretting losing Gerrard. Looks like he is playing better now the team has more about them.
I thought the penalty was very very soft, after watching a dozen replays its still not clear if there was wany contact at all, and even if there was (and if there was it was the slightest of touchs) it was a dive, he went down looking it. This thing the punits trot out 'he was entitled to go down' or 'there was contact' really grinds my gears.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

God14

Quote from: moysider on February 05, 2015, 12:35:52 AM

I hate to say it, but im kinda glad Gerrard is going as it eliminates a huge problem for BR - actually dropping him. I thought he was poor last night, and poor recently in general. Aside from dead ball deliveries, free kicks, penalties etc he offers little now. Very pedestrian. It wasn't until Henderson came on that we started pressing higher up the pitch & forcing mistakes from Bolton. The key to BR sides isn't having a pirlo type player floating about - his teams are designed to have the ability to press immediately, within five or six seconds to get the ball. 
Leaving sentiment to the side, there is no room for Gerrard now in the starting 11.

Emre Can was outstanding, especially when pushed into Midfield. What a prospect. Borini's constant running & movement actually caused problems for a tiring Bolton and helped open pockets of space for Coutinho, Sterling & Sturridge. Important little cameo.

Moreno had a shocker imo. I don't understand him at all. Dodgy defending (especially positioning) and doesn't really offer much going forward either. Some poor deliveries. Also where has the Markovic of the Sunderland game gone? Very inconsistent although Its clear he isnt being played in his proper position.