The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 23, 2014, 09:52:28 AM
I presume that's not aimed at me? I'm very chilled. I expect this to take time. I just want to see progress each week.

It's a general chill the f**k out,  not you specifically!!!

J OGorman

the jersey is heavy, but what if it was heavy and grey?! christ

mikehunt

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on September 23, 2014, 09:32:26 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on September 23, 2014, 09:25:25 AM
Quote from: supersub on September 23, 2014, 09:22:55 AM
It's not a case of motivation here, it's a case of protecting his players in the public domain.

Nothing to see here.

I think so too. He always plays the cotton wool act in public. If you strip away the words he chose, he's actually saying 'This will take time for them to settle, please be patient'. I think that's a reasonable comment. The worry I have is that by the time they've settled, they may be in 8th place and 10 points behind 4th.

It's a good thing that Everton, Spurs and United seem well able to drop points too.

And City and Arsenal!!!  There are 3 points between 4th and 11th and there are only 5 games played so please keep your knockers untwisted!!!  Yes, they do need to get a few wins under their belt and yes they are playing poorly but a win against Everton and they will jump about 4 maybe 5 places as most of the teams above are likely to drop points this weekend.  Chill the f**k out.

Liverpool's start to the season has been very poor. Lucky to beat Southampton who then went on to draw at home to West Brom. Lost to City who then went on to lose at home to Stoke. Lost to Villa who then got wiped by Arsenal. The only good peformance was against Spurs who lost to West Brom at the weekend.

Things could be a lot worse but the reason they are not is because the other's look to be sh!te too. Unless they finish top 4 then they are back to square one. Losing so easily to the likes of West Ham and Villa is the reason I'm getting edgy. The lack of any sort of plan to sort out the defence has me edgy. I'm not as worried about the attack as I think they'll click eventually. They're too good not to. When playing crap it should be possible to board it up and at least make it difficult to be beaten.

Armamike

Southampton seem to have settled ok with a new team basically. Lpool will improve but i wouldnt be using some new faces as an excuse for the poor performances to date.
That's just, like your opinion man.

supersub

Quote from: mikehunt on September 23, 2014, 10:01:09 AM
It's not a case of motivation here, it's a case of protecting his players in the public domain.

Nothing to see here.

I think so too. He always plays the cotton wool act in public. If you strip away the words he chose, he's actually saying 'This will take time for them to settle, please be patient'. I think that's a reasonable comment. The worry I have is that by the time they've settled, they may be in 8th place and 10 points behind 4th.

It's a good thing that Everton, Spurs and United seem well able to drop points too.

And City and Arsenal!!!  There are 3 points between 4th and 11th and there are only 5 games played so please keep your knockers untwisted!!!  Yes, they do need to get a few wins under their belt and yes they are playing poorly but a win against Everton and they will jump about 4 maybe 5 places as most of the teams above are likely to drop points this weekend.  Chill the f**k out.

Liverpool's start to the season has been very poor. Lucky to beat Southampton who then went on to draw at home to West Brom. Lost to City who then went on to lose at home to Stoke. Lost to Villa who then got wiped by Arsenal. The only good peformance was against Spurs who lost to West Brom at the weekend.

Things could be a lot worse but the reason they are not is because the other's look to be sh!te too. Unless they finish top 4 then they are back to square one. Losing so easily to the likes of West Ham and Villa is the reason I'm getting edgy. The lack of any sort of plan to sort out the defence has me edgy. I'm not as worried about the attack as I think they'll click eventually. They're too good not to. When playing crap it should be possible to board it up and at least make it difficult to be beaten.

Pie in the sky stuff, you are isolating results to suit your argument with this one I'm afraid. There is no doubt Liverpool have been poor but by your logic there Villa were beaten by Leyton Orient, who were beaten at home by Colchester who are second from bottom of League 1...does that mean Colchester are performing better than Liverpool? Doesn't work like that.

Denn Forever

Can someone explain to me what Glen Johnson brings?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

supersub

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Denn Forever on September 23, 2014, 01:44:02 PM
Can someone explain to me what Glen Johnson brings?
nothing at the minute saying he hasnt really featured this season.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

mikehunt

Quote from: supersub on September 23, 2014, 01:30:30 PM
Quote from: mikehunt on September 23, 2014, 10:01:09 AM

Nothing to see here.

Pie in the sky stuff, you are isolating results to suit your argument with this one I'm afraid. There is no doubt Liverpool have been poor but by your logic there Villa were beaten by Leyton Orient, who were beaten at home by Colchester who are second from bottom of League 1...does that mean Colchester are performing better than Liverpool? Doesn't work like that.

I'm not isolating anything, we've played 5 games and all were mentioned as were the other teams following results, if anything I'm giving too much evidence. Not only have I looked at Liverpool's form but also the form of the team they have played and their subsequent match. Liverpool are playing awful crap and for anyone to put a positive spin on any of the performances so far is sticking your head in the sand.

Whether Leyton Orient or Colchester are better than Liverpool is irrelevant as we will not be playing either of those teams in the Premier League.

mikehunt

heganboy

17 year old Jordan Rossiter just scored in his debut been at the club since the U-6 level. Fowler called him out last January as the new Stevie G. No pressure. But that's not a bad way to start, even it is was a howler of a goalie mistake, against Boro, in the Carling Cup....
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

laoislad

Quote from: heganboy on September 23, 2014, 09:00:23 PM
17 year old Jordan Rossiter just scored in his debut been at the club since the U-6 level. Fowler called him out last January as the new Stevie G. No pressure. But that's not a bad way to start, even it is was a howler of a goalie mistake, against Boro, in the Carling Cup....
Just scored? It was about an hour ago!

Poor enough game.
Enrique playing well. I'm starting to think Lallana is the new Stewart Downing.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

CD

Quote from: laoislad on September 23, 2014, 09:02:47 PM

Poor enough game.

Lallana is looking very expensive all right - although in fairness, so does Ricky Lambert. One of the worst Liverpool players I've ever seen. Sterling looking brilliant

Your man Enrique was at fault for the equalizer there!
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

laoislad

Quote from: CD on September 23, 2014, 09:05:37 PM
Quote from: laoislad on September 23, 2014, 09:02:47 PM

Poor enough game.

Lallana is looking very expensive all right - although in fairness, so does Ricky Lambert. One of the worst Liverpool players I've ever seen. Sterling looking brilliant

Your man Enrique was at fault for the equalizer there!
I know... The fcuker!
Poor defending letting us down again.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.